Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tomas Holy 21:01 - Aug 10 with 2374 viewsBlackboots

First time I’ve seen him. He didn’t have much to do today but he didn’t inspire much confidence. Seemed indecisive and his speed/quality of distribution wasn’t great either. Only one game though and his home debut so nerves may have played a part. How has he been playing during pre-season and what was he like last week against Burton?

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

Tomas Holy on 21:13 - Aug 10 with 2289 viewsWD19

Was excellent at Cambridge. At Burton he was largely good (especially with his distribution which was excellent) but did have a couple of unnecessary dramas too.

Should be more than capable once he settles down. Our problem is at the other end of the pitch. We can’t be primarily relying on clean sheets to win games.
Tomas Holy on 21:18 - Aug 10 with 2246 viewsradiogaga

I really struggle to understand the negativity surrounding Holy so far.

The criticism he has got for the goal today is a bit of a strange one, he was slow off his line but it was a standard long ball forward that Chambers simply needed to knock out for a throw. He had no reason to come out as there had been several long punts forward like that which defenders had dealt with properly during the game and clearly he expected Chambers to do the same in that instance.

I know he got away with the deflected clearance last week but he made good saves at Burton when called upon and ultimately a clean sheet. He had a couple of shaky moments in the second half but Bart got away with less criticism for far worse in his last couple of seasons.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Tomas Holy on 21:19 - Aug 10 with 2242 viewsDublinBlue84

I'm not convinced either, wasn't commanding of area and whilst Chambers made a mistake today, there was certainly hesitation between the pair of them on who should go for that ball.

Fumbled the one non regulation catch he had to make today, on another day could have given two goals away against Burton. Still early days though and he really didn't have too much to do today.

A Gillingham fan who often watches Ipswich reckons he's a better footballer than Bart but not as good a goalkeeper who doesn't make the most of his height, but can kick well with a high tendency to punch when he should catch.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Tomas Holy on 21:24 - Aug 10 with 2177 viewsBlackboots

Tomas Holy on 21:13 - Aug 10 by WD19

Was excellent at Cambridge. At Burton he was largely good (especially with his distribution which was excellent) but did have a couple of unnecessary dramas too.

Should be more than capable once he settles down. Our problem is at the other end of the pitch. We can’t be primarily relying on clean sheets to win games.

Thanks. The wind (which wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be) was a factor today when it came to distribution. Reassuring to know he did well with this part of his game last week.

As you say, we can’t rely on clean sheets to win games, we’ve got to score a few more than we have done over the past couple of years. He’s only let in one in two games though and so has made a pretty solid start. The fact is that we are in the third division and we got him from a third division club. He’s going to have flaws. If he didn’t he’d be in the Premier League because a goalie his size would get noticed by scouts very quickly.

Tomas Holy on 21:28 - Aug 10 with 2141 viewsBlackboots

Tomas Holy on 21:18 - Aug 10 by radiogaga

The criticism he has got for the goal today is a bit of a strange one, he was slow off his line but it was a standard long ball forward that Chambers simply needed to knock out for a throw. He had no reason to come out as there had been several long punts forward like that which defenders had dealt with properly during the game and clearly he expected Chambers to do the same in that instance.

I know he got away with the deflected clearance last week but he made good saves at Burton when called upon and ultimately a clean sheet. He had a couple of shaky moments in the second half but Bart got away with less criticism for far worse in his last couple of seasons.

I didn’t think he was at fault for the goal. It was just that because of his size I was expecting to see a really commanding keeper but he seemed a bit timid today.

Tomas Holy on 21:43 - Aug 10 with 2025 viewsagentp

He hasn't done too much wrong in an ITFC shirt, except that almost serious calamity last week. His distribution has added something. Had a few at Gillingham though, so I'm not convinced yet

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Tomas Holy on 21:49 - Aug 10 with 1973 viewsKeaneish

Tomas Holy on 21:18 - Aug 10 by radiogaga

He came for another one edge of his box in the first half and didn't deal with it too week. I'd say that and the fact he should have taken any pressure off Chambers plus is calamitous clearance last week has put him under the microscope. He seems a bit ponderous to me.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Tomas Holy on 22:01 - Aug 10 with 1902 viewsradiogaga

Tomas Holy on 21:28 - Aug 10 by Blackboots

I didn’t think he was at fault for the goal. It was just that because of his size I was expecting to see a really commanding keeper but he seemed a bit timid today.

I just feel like we have been mistaking high standards for perfection a bit with the comments. If he was a keeper that has no flaws, he wouldn't be playing in league one for us at the end of the day.

His distribution is a considerable improvement on Bart/ Gerks and will become a real asset over time. He will be a good keeper for us, I'm sure of that, but early days yet.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2019 22:01]

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

Tomas Holy on 22:14 - Aug 10 with 1835 viewspointofblue

Tomas Holy on 21:49 - Aug 10 by Keaneish

He came for another one edge of his box in the first half and didn't deal with it too week. I'd say that and the fact he should have taken any pressure off Chambers plus is calamitous clearance last week has put him under the microscope. He seems a bit ponderous to me.

I wouldn't blame Holy at all for their goal - all Chambers had to do was knock it out for a throw. He was completely at fault.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Tomas Holy on 22:27 - Aug 10 with 1774 viewsArnieM

I don’t suppose 60mph winds had much effect on the distribution and flight of the halls kicked today eh !? 🙄

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Tomas Holy on 23:06 - Aug 10 with 1634 viewsKeaneish

Tomas Holy on 22:14 - Aug 10 by pointofblue

I wouldn't blame Holy at all for their goal - all Chambers had to do was knock it out for a throw. He was completely at fault.

Big mistake by Chambers. Could and should have been helped by Holy. Think it was a poor pass in the midfield which led to it too. Shot ourselves in the foot.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Tomas Holy on 23:19 - Aug 10 with 1597 viewspointofblue

Tomas Holy on 23:06 - Aug 10 by Keaneish

Big mistake by Chambers. Could and should have been helped by Holy. Think it was a poor pass in the midfield which led to it too. Shot ourselves in the foot.

He certainly did look up for Holy but I'm not sure if it was fair to necessarily ask him to come out that far. Think it was Judge who lost the ball in the midfield.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024