Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury staff have hijacked their social media to announce an offer 19:07 - Aug 12 with 1441 viewsMullet

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/statement-from-bury-fc-staff/

I'd heard last week (2nd hand from staff) someone in the local media had put up £1.6m, but I can't imagine that would be enough to buy anything or have substance beyond it being the figure needed to get them playing again.

This would be massive if it's accepted though. I can see there being challenges at the end of the season as teams play different amounts of games, and against different strength opposition as players come and go from Bury and Bolton.

The whole scenario is crazy and the EFL don't seem to have a handle on any of it, especially when you've got two different basket case clubs in spitting distance in this league.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Bury staff have hijacked their social media to announce an offer on 20:35 - Aug 12 with 1186 viewsElderGrizzly

As you say, probably £1.6m just gets you round the table. Ongoing funding will be the issue and EFL won’t approve without it.
Bury staff have hijacked their social media to announce an offer on 20:55 - Aug 12 with 1115 viewsWacko

Assuming £1.6m is the price of purchase which is not bad given that some businesses go for £1

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Bury staff have hijacked their social media to announce an offer on 22:59 - Aug 12 with 778 viewsGuthrum

Bury staff have hijacked their social media to announce an offer on 20:35 - Aug 12 by ElderGrizzly

As you say, probably £1.6m just gets you round the table. Ongoing funding will be the issue and EFL won’t approve without it.

Unless £1.6m is the ongoing funding - with gate receipts at something like the average for last season may just be enough to keep the club running, assuming some players are sold - and the purchase price is nominal.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024