Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury are no more. Expelled. 23:07 - Aug 27 with 5173 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Absolutely awful news, despite being pretty inevitable.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 08:51 - Aug 28 with 789 viewsBackToRussia

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 08:48 - Aug 28 by BloomBlue

But it's a business no different to Woolworths, BHS. All that will happen is clubs will automatically spend millions knowing they never have to pay it back as along will come a new owner who they will be forced to sell to. Why should creditors have to bail out football clubs.

It clearly is a different type of business to Woolworths. If you can't see that you'll never agree with me obviously.

The EFL is supposed to do background checks into new owners anyway, something it didn't do for Steve Dale. Clearly the EFL and the FA need to take more control over clubs to ensure they don't just go to the wall.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 08:53 - Aug 28 with 785 viewsPinewoodblue

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 07:37 - Aug 28 by BackToRussia

There was a bidder for the club, there's no need for a fund, but if they had a mechanism to force the owner to accept that bid, presumably this would have been avoided.

The majority of football clubs are not viable businesses. That includes Ipswich.

The bidder was a small company, less fhan3 years old, with assets of less than 200,000 and liabilities over 300,000 wasn't going to work was it?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 08:56 - Aug 28 with 772 viewsthatdamgood89

Horrible news for all Bury fans. My heart goes out to them./ This will become the norm unless the EFL and fan bases do something. Just what that something is I don't currently know.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 08:59 - Aug 28 with 762 viewsBloomBlue

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 08:51 - Aug 28 by BackToRussia

It clearly is a different type of business to Woolworths. If you can't see that you'll never agree with me obviously.

The EFL is supposed to do background checks into new owners anyway, something it didn't do for Steve Dale. Clearly the EFL and the FA need to take more control over clubs to ensure they don't just go to the wall.

I get it's a different type of business but money coming in has to be greater than money going out.

As happened with Ipswich other businesses suffered because they weren't paid what they were owed, even to the put some people lost their jobs in those companies because of it, is it fair those people lost their jobs. A business is a business

Totally agree EFL must take some of the blame under their fit and proper rules which clearly aren't fit and proper.
Bury are no more. Expelled. on 09:01 - Aug 28 with 757 viewsBackToRussia

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 08:53 - Aug 28 by Pinewoodblue

The majority of football clubs are not viable businesses. That includes Ipswich.

The bidder was a small company, less fhan3 years old, with assets of less than 200,000 and liabilities over 300,000 wasn't going to work was it?

Well, I feel like something could have been done by the EFL that wasn't just do nothing and watch it happen. They'd already failed in not looking into Dale before he took over. I hear the owner before him had already wrecked some of the club's finances - where's the overseeing eye here? Perhaps by the time it got to the last couple of weeks it was already too late, but surely the EFL has to be a watchdog on good governance of a club? Otherwise there's really zero safety net for clubs going out of existence, one by one.

As you imply, we could be next.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 09:09 - Aug 28 with 749 viewsPinewoodblue

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 08:59 - Aug 28 by BloomBlue

I get it's a different type of business but money coming in has to be greater than money going out.

As happened with Ipswich other businesses suffered because they weren't paid what they were owed, even to the put some people lost their jobs in those companies because of it, is it fair those people lost their jobs. A business is a business

Totally agree EFL must take some of the blame under their fit and proper rules which clearly aren't fit and proper.

Fit and proper rules are designer to stop corrupt or dishonest. Individuals being appointed as Directors.

Can't see how this can stop individuals, lacking sufficient financial clout, from getting out of their depth.

2023 year of destiny

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 09:15 - Aug 28 with 739 viewsJimmyJazz

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 09:09 - Aug 28 by Pinewoodblue

Fit and proper rules are designer to stop corrupt or dishonest. Individuals being appointed as Directors.

Can't see how this can stop individuals, lacking sufficient financial clout, from getting out of their depth.

The problem is at this stage of a club’s life they are looking for any bid. So if Bassini had a bid accepted but failed a FPP test, would the EFL deny the bid and then expel Bolton because there were no further bids

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 09:19 - Aug 28 with 735 viewsRadlett_blue

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 09:15 - Aug 28 by JimmyJazz

The problem is at this stage of a club’s life they are looking for any bid. So if Bassini had a bid accepted but failed a FPP test, would the EFL deny the bid and then expel Bolton because there were no further bids

Exactly. Near basket cases of lower league football clubs aren't exactly attractive financial propositions or suitable ego trips for overseas billionaires, so the only people who want to own clubs like Bolton & Bury are chancers like Bassini, Dale & Anderson.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 09:42 - Aug 28 with 707 viewsPinewoodblue

Bury are no more. Expelled. on 09:19 - Aug 28 by Radlett_blue

Exactly. Near basket cases of lower league football clubs aren't exactly attractive financial propositions or suitable ego trips for overseas billionaires, so the only people who want to own clubs like Bolton & Bury are chancers like Bassini, Dale & Anderson.

Being a changed doesn't .mean you are corrupt or dishonest

2023 year of destiny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024