Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton - BBC Manchester reporter on BBC Suffolk this morning 08:33 - Aug 28 with 1937 viewsnsblu1

Saying that while they have been given a 14 day extension the administrators have said there are not funds left to carry on for that period, so in effect could start the winding up process today. Presumably if there was a fit a serious buyer there would be a way to see through that period, but by no means does it sound like they are near to being out of the woods....

He obviously spoke about Bury also and said how some fans went to Steve Dale's house last night to vent their anger at him. How there were grown men on their knees crying as it's their institution that while still in existence has nowhere to play and the very real likelihood it will be liquidated.

Some very sobering thoughts on the drive in listening to it all and thinking how something within the game needs to change to stop this situation happening again for others.
Bolton - BBC Manchester reporter on BBC Suffolk this morning on 08:35 - Aug 28 with 1886 viewsitfc_bucks

Amongst all this, never forget that we were so close to it happening here.
Bolton - BBC Manchester reporter on BBC Suffolk this morning on 08:39 - Aug 28 with 1851 viewsSteve_M

Bolton - BBC Manchester reporter on BBC Suffolk this morning on 08:35 - Aug 28 by itfc_bucks

Amongst all this, never forget that we were so close to it happening here.

When were ITFC nearly liquidated?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Bolton - BBC Manchester reporter on BBC Suffolk this morning on 08:53 - Aug 28 with 1745 viewsfactual_blue

Bolton - BBC Manchester reporter on BBC Suffolk this morning on 08:39 - Aug 28 by Steve_M

Let us never forget that norwich actually were liquidated.

It's not on their roll of honour though.

Nor are there two re-elections to the Football League.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Bolton - BBC Manchester reporter on BBC Suffolk this morning on 08:55 - Aug 28 with 1733 viewsitfc_bucks

Bolton - BBC Manchester reporter on BBC Suffolk this morning on 08:39 - Aug 28 by Steve_M

When we went into administration and we're bought by ME, we could easily have been bought by an Anderson or similar shady character.
Bolton - BBC Manchester reporter on BBC Suffolk this morning on 08:56 - Aug 28 with 1705 viewshomer_123

Bolton - BBC Manchester reporter on BBC Suffolk this morning on 08:55 - Aug 28 by itfc_bucks

When we went into administration and we're bought by ME, we could easily have been bought by an Anderson or similar shady character.

But we've never been close to liquidation.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Bolton - BBC Manchester reporter on BBC Suffolk this morning on 08:59 - Aug 28 with 1684 viewsPhilTWTD

Bolton - BBC Manchester reporter on BBC Suffolk this morning on 08:55 - Aug 28 by itfc_bucks

ME bought the club four years after administration. It was never near liquidation during the administration process.

Ken Anderson did try to get involved in Town while ME's takeover was going through, claiming he had found another buyer and wanting (if I remember rightly) seven per cent of what was paid for the club but David Sheepshanks and Derek Bowden didn't believe him and refused to deal with him.
Bolton - BBC Manchester reporter on BBC Suffolk this morning on 09:02 - Aug 28 with 1652 viewsJimmyJazz

Remember a couple of years ago when we were supposed to be interested in signing Harry Bunn from newly promoted to the Prem, Huddersfield? But instead he signed for newly relegated to League 2 Bury. At the time i recall that Bury were undergoing an ambitious plan to get promotion back to League 1 straight away. Ambitious = spending money on signings / wages above and beyond the expected reach of L2.

First season and all didn't go to plan, Bury struggled and didn't get promotion.

Second season (last season) they succeeded, but the financial troubles were already looming. Did they decide to sell off some of their better players to help balance the books? As far as L2 was concerned they had better players because the team were the second best in the league. And assuming that other clubs were interested in their players.

No they didn't. They carried on regardless assuming that it would all come out in the wash as a result of promotion.

It's sad to see them go. But they decided to roll the dice, gamble on promotion and paid the price.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Bolton - BBC Manchester reporter on BBC Suffolk this morning on 09:05 - Aug 28 with 1620 viewsArnieM

Bolton - BBC Manchester reporter on BBC Suffolk this morning on 08:53 - Aug 28 by factual_blue

Let us never forget that norwich actually were liquidated.

It's not on their roll of honour though.

Nor are there two re-elections to the Football League.

And I wonder how many people realise that they would have been in administration had they not sold Maddison to Leicester for £25m. How could they allow themselves to get into that situation , given what happened to us, a rival, situated just 45 miles down the road, and on the back of receiving over £200m for their PL “ failure”!

Do Clubs never bloody learn?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Bolton - BBC Manchester reporter on BBC Suffolk this morning on 09:13 - Aug 28 with 1572 viewsPhilTWTD

The administrator said "the club is currently not in a position to carry on trading and, as such, the process of closing down the company will commence on Wednesday" in his previous statement, which is presumably why he said last night that they would keep working through the night to get the deal done; in reality it needs to be sorted before the 14-day deadline.
Bolton - BBC Manchester reporter on BBC Suffolk this morning on 09:29 - Aug 28 with 1471 viewsBasuco

There have been stories reported that Bolton administrators are looking to split the BW assets, hotel and gym ect. But prospective new owners of the football club want to retain all of the club as it was. How much land/office/shops is owned by BW football club in the area? There are offices included within the stadium complex as well as the hotel, but do they own the land with the shops behind the club shop and gym?
Bolton - BBC Manchester reporter on BBC Suffolk this morning on 09:29 - Aug 28 with 1468 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

God bless Marcus Evans.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bolton - BBC Manchester reporter on BBC Suffolk this morning on 09:31 - Aug 28 with 1451 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bolton - BBC Manchester reporter on BBC Suffolk this morning on 09:29 - Aug 28 by Basuco

There have been stories reported that Bolton administrators are looking to split the BW assets, hotel and gym ect. But prospective new owners of the football club want to retain all of the club as it was. How much land/office/shops is owned by BW football club in the area? There are offices included within the stadium complex as well as the hotel, but do they own the land with the shops behind the club shop and gym?

I think the offices within the stadium have been sold off, and the same goes for the hotel.

I dont think Bolton own any surrounding land or shops, I think the car parks next to the stadium were sold off.

Theres not much left. Even the stadium must be pretty much worthless.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bolton - BBC Manchester reporter on BBC Suffolk this morning on 09:35 - Aug 28 with 1419 viewsPJH

Bolton - BBC Manchester reporter on BBC Suffolk this morning on 09:31 - Aug 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think the offices within the stadium have been sold off, and the same goes for the hotel.

I dont think Bolton own any surrounding land or shops, I think the car parks next to the stadium were sold off.

Theres not much left. Even the stadium must be pretty much worthless.

The hotel has not been sold and that is being dealt with by different Administrators.
Prospective buyers tend to apparently want both the football club and the hotel but there seems to be some that are mostly interested in the hotel.
That is one of the many complications with the sale.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024