Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just look at this horse crap 22:54 - Oct 7 with 2894 viewsbaxterbasics

I honestly thought it was a parody account.

Please can these idiots just be hosed off the bridge?

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Just look at this horse crap on 09:25 - Oct 8 with 364 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just look at this horse crap on 08:22 - Oct 8 by Churchman

I am sorry, I cannot see the connection between the fight for universal suffrage in this country and these people. The UK is one small country on a big planet and it’s drive to change to help stem climate change is better than most advanced or developing countries.

The right to protest is part of democracy, but in my opinion stopping people earning a living, destroying things and making ordinary innocent people’s lives difficult is for me wrong. Where does it end? Killing people for the ‘greater good’? I think my favourite last time round was that idiot celeb (Emma Thompson?) who flew across the world to join the protest. You couldn’t make it up.

It's not just about the UK. ER are global (albeit in not many countries) and there are other initiatives that tie in to this that are global too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just look at this horse crap on 10:24 - Oct 8 with 328 viewsChurchman

Just look at this horse crap on 08:53 - Oct 8 by BackToRussia

Because I'm sure Boris is putting a lot of pressure on the govts of above states to reduce emissions isn't he.

Actually, I'd like to hear what YOU think should be done, given that we maybe have as little as a decade to globally rectify things.

I think buffoon BJ is too busy driving the country into a brick wall and backslapping his ERG mates to worry about such things as greenhouse gases. But politically the UN/shaming governments is probably the only way to shift opinion and that’ll happen only if a wally like trump or BJ see political advantage.

I think my biggest concern is actually deforestation and destruction of the eco system. I understand why people who have no alternative do it (Amazon rain forest) and the only solution is to give theses people an alternative. What shocked me was the Simon Reeve programme where Canada signed up to some climate agreement one day and then the next day agreed to rip up millions of acres of wilderness for oil.

Viable alternatives (that don’t destroy eco mines and impoverish even more people) are for me the only solution, especially in a world where so many people cannot feed themselves. At a national level I’m not a fan of windmills and solar panels, but they're better than burning oil and fossil fuels. Hydrogen power? It’s a reality, though expensive at the moment. Nuclear power is actually very ‘green’, but for me the risk and cost for future generations is ridiculous. I would like to see the government seriously invest in developing alternatives to fossil fuels even if that means higher taxes for those who can afford them.

I’d like to see investment in recycling and a ban on landfill. I’d like to see non recyclable packaging banned and some control of what is in the packaging. Some local authorities insist that all new houses must have a solar panel. Invest in properly insulating houses, encourage the development of serious non-petrol/diesel vehicles that have range and a competitive price. And limit the size of them, unless people have a business need. All little things I’d like to see and all dependent on investment. It’s all about that. They found money for barmy brexit, they can find it for that.

I certainly do not disagree with the right to protest, petition, strike. That would be hypocritical. These and freedom of speech are fundamental in a free democracy. The last of those I’m sure the right and left in politics would like to see an end of. I just don’t like some aspects of the way these climate extinction people are going about things.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024