Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing that really annoyed me this week... 18:16 - Oct 12 with 1100 viewsmonytowbray

Was this.

Been waiting 3 months for PTSD and depression therapy now and I’ve been in the referral system for 8 months. Last week I chased it up and will be at least 3 months before I get to speak to anyone. It’s affecting my day to day all the time and this pr1ck who’s government has hacked the NHS’s mental health services to death thinks a PR stunt and a hashtag is enough?

What an insult.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2019 18:17]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

One thing that really annoyed me this week... on 20:33 - Oct 12 with 961 viewsbournemouthblue

The lack of Mental Health provision in this country is a national scandal

I won't go into too much detail but basically I know of a case where someone with known mental health issues poured petrol all over their family home and threatened to burn the house down but didn't do it

This not being a big enough red flag to take them away and get help

Several days later they set light to the house with more petrol, thankfully the family got out but only then did they get the help they needed several hundred miles away in a secure facility

It really has come to this and it happens regularly

One of the Policeman involved in the case was saying how they and A&E are picking up all the pieces of this mess when it could have been nipped in the bud far earlier on

They said this all stems from our choice to save the Banks during the crash

They used to primarily deal with Alcohol fuelled disorder, now it is Mental Health issues

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

One thing that really annoyed me this week... on 21:11 - Oct 12 with 908 viewsSwansea_Blue

You should know by now to judge people (and governments) by their actions, not their hollow words.

The Tories have one more to set back menral health care than anyone this century in this country. Simply, he's lying (as usual).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

One thing that really annoyed me this week... on 21:22 - Oct 12 with 887 viewsvapour_trail

Johnson is a liar plain and simple.

Good luck with your own challenges callis.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

One thing that really annoyed me this week... on 09:25 - Oct 13 with 696 viewsGuthrum

One thing that really annoyed me this week... on 20:33 - Oct 12 by bournemouthblue

The lack of Mental Health provision in this country is a national scandal

I won't go into too much detail but basically I know of a case where someone with known mental health issues poured petrol all over their family home and threatened to burn the house down but didn't do it

This not being a big enough red flag to take them away and get help

Several days later they set light to the house with more petrol, thankfully the family got out but only then did they get the help they needed several hundred miles away in a secure facility

It really has come to this and it happens regularly

One of the Policeman involved in the case was saying how they and A&E are picking up all the pieces of this mess when it could have been nipped in the bud far earlier on

They said this all stems from our choice to save the Banks during the crash

They used to primarily deal with Alcohol fuelled disorder, now it is Mental Health issues

It goes back much further than that, to the introduction of "Care in the Community" in the 1980s.

Once again, a sensible idea - the move away from Victorian asylum-based confinement and care to something less prison-like and closer to patients' families - was turned into a way of cutting costs by removing facilities without adequately replacing the provision, then subsequently passing that care over to more local authorities who lack sufficient budgets, resulting in further cuts.

The number of (even short term) places available for mental health in-patients was drastically reduced, meaning they either had to be sent a long distance away or, more often, simply left at home for family and friends to take care of. I remember a friend having a psychotic episode, taking him to the local mental health unit where he was assessed and prescribed medication, then I was told "You can look after him". Which I wasn't really in a position to, living in a small flat, having to work and suchlike.

Thus people get worse, maybe neglect to take vital medication and it ends up on the police's plate.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024