Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
0-2 has flattered us tonight as it ought to have been 0-4 22:41 - Oct 23 with 1340 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Best squad in the league, eh?

Such a healthy position at the top after the Fleetwood game and all have been squandered so quickly.

We can lose the games but the manner in which this has happened tonight has been so bad. Such a promising start when Huws' shot from the close range was parried by their keeper and that was first and last real chance for us. What on earth Chambers have done for their goal? Perfect assist.

Even Stevie Wonder would have seen that the diamond formation wasn't working at all in the first half so changes ought to have been made after the first 30 minutes to give us a new system, to give us a width. What was Lambert waiting for? Nothing wasn't working out for us. Vincent-Young and Garbutt were unable to offer anything as full-backs as there was no help in front of them. But we kept resorting to the direct football which was very easy to deal with for the Rotherham defence. No service from midfield at all towards strikers, Skuse opting for easy option just to keep passing backwards and sideways. No threat at all from us whereas there was a danger every time when Rotherham were surging forward. By the end of first half Smith's header went over the bar. A few chances for them, nothing from us, from the 'best squad in the league'.

Second half in which Rotherham should have scored more than they did. Their second goal and what did Skuse do? Dear me !

58 minute's moment summed us up today as Garbutt sent a pointless long ball towards no-one. Georgiou's introduction made us a bit more lively for the following 10-15 minutes but without a real threat.

Any positives today? We haven't seen Dozzell and Judge on the pitch and that's the solitary one.

All these past lacklustre performances in which everything was rosy for some are hitting us back now. We have no pattern of play, no style, Lambert keeps rotating the team in a stunning way, changing the squad like socks. Have we been found out? Are the wheels are coming off?

People will be saying we need to respond against Southend but with this squad every result is possible. Even the defeat against Southend who have conceded 40 goals in 14 games isn't unlikely. We had to respond tonight and we have failed to do so. Very, very bad performance and there are no excuses at all. Rotherham were by far more threatening than us and the manner in which we have lost makes me really upset.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 22:42]
0-2 has flattered us tonight as it ought to have been 0-4 on 22:50 - Oct 23 with 1280 viewsN2_Blue

I know you can be a bit reactionary after a defeat Mach buts it’s really hard to argue with much you’ve said tonight. Most worrying thing for me about all of this is Lamberts managerial ability because I really like the man. But his decisions are questionable at best at the moment. Well done for getting the early results but I think a fair bit of good fortune there and we seem to be going backwards in terms of how we play. He doesn’t know his best side or what formation he wants to play and it’s beginning to harm us! Where has that first 25 minute performance against MK gone?!!!!!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

0-2 has flattered us tonight as it ought to have been 0-4 on 22:58 - Oct 23 with 1223 viewsMach_foreignBlue

0-2 has flattered us tonight as it ought to have been 0-4 on 22:50 - Oct 23 by N2_Blue

I know you can be a bit reactionary after a defeat Mach buts it’s really hard to argue with much you’ve said tonight. Most worrying thing for me about all of this is Lamberts managerial ability because I really like the man. But his decisions are questionable at best at the moment. Well done for getting the early results but I think a fair bit of good fortune there and we seem to be going backwards in terms of how we play. He doesn’t know his best side or what formation he wants to play and it’s beginning to harm us! Where has that first 25 minute performance against MK gone?!!!!!

I like Lambert too, firmly behind him but he isn't free of criticism. He has particularly surprised me after the Gillingham narrow win saying that we had been 'excellent'.

7 points above the 3rd place after the Fleetwood game and all have been squandered. Yes I know we have games in hand but there is no guarantee of gaining points.

Our opening line-up in each game is anybodys guess.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 22:59]
0-2 has flattered us tonight as it ought to have been 0-4 on 23:00 - Oct 23 with 1195 viewspointofblue

0-2 has flattered us tonight as it ought to have been 0-4 on 22:58 - Oct 23 by Mach_foreignBlue

I like Lambert too, firmly behind him but he isn't free of criticism. He has particularly surprised me after the Gillingham narrow win saying that we had been 'excellent'.

7 points above the 3rd place after the Fleetwood game and all have been squandered. Yes I know we have games in hand but there is no guarantee of gaining points.

Our opening line-up in each game is anybodys guess.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 22:59]

The bit about the line up in each game reminds me of Mick as well; especially near the end. I remember seeing the team for Hull at home (which probably finished him for good here) and wondering what he was up to.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

0-2 has flattered us tonight as it ought to have been 0-4 on 23:06 - Oct 23 with 1155 viewsbackwaywhen

0-2 has flattered us tonight as it ought to have been 0-4 on 22:50 - Oct 23 by N2_Blue

Lambert is a very poor tactical manager ... I have said many times on here before , he misses his mate Culverhouse, Lambert is the mouth piece for the team and fans but very very naive when it comes to assembling a team .
0-2 has flattered us tonight as it ought to have been 0-4 on 03:34 - Oct 24 with 1017 viewsharlingblue

0-2 has flattered us tonight as it ought to have been 0-4 on 23:06 - Oct 23 by backwaywhen

Lambert is a very poor tactical manager ... I have said many times on here before , he misses his mate Culverhouse, Lambert is the mouth piece for the team and fans but very very naive when it comes to assembling a team .

Lambert should be the link between ME, the Club and the fans, of which he is brilliant.
As 1st team Manager I have my doubts. Constantly changing the team/formation/tactics gives no chance of team bonding in my opinion.
PL had long enough to save us from Championship relegation last year, but failed.
Perhaps someone like Chris Houghton could join the club, as joint Manager? their paths might have crossed, kept Brighton in The Prem for many years?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024