Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bankster 22:30 - Nov 6 with 613 viewsbluelagos

I see the Met decision to ban all XR protests in London was ruled unlawful...

Still can't get my head round how they ever thought it was legal/sensible/proportionate...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Bankster on 22:48 - Nov 6 with 576 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I saw that and thought of that thread too Mr Lagos! Will certainly make the next round more interesting although I think they will still be able to apply restrictions such as no more than 3 people congregating together.

Edit...did you get to Rochdale?
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 22:49]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Bankster on 23:42 - Nov 6 with 543 viewsSwansea_Blue

In a perverse way it possibly helped. People getting arrested whilst peacefully protesting is probably a bigger impact than they could have hoped for.

Obviously shouldn’t have been banned, that was never going to stick.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bankster on 00:13 - Nov 7 with 518 viewsOldsmoker

Bankster on 23:42 - Nov 6 by Swansea_Blue

In a perverse way it possibly helped. People getting arrested whilst peacefully protesting is probably a bigger impact than they could have hoped for.

Obviously shouldn’t have been banned, that was never going to stick.

It didn't stick in Bristol.
The police consulted the lawyers and decided to talk to XR to find out which roads that would block and diverted traffic away from those areas allowing the protests to proceed. The old bill only arrested XR protestors when they deviated from the agreed protests. It went on for a week and the police who were in a lose-lose situation were accused of pandering to the protestors but in general it was still disruptive but peaceful/good natured from police and protestors.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Bankster on 05:46 - Nov 7 with 472 viewsbluelagos

Bankster on 22:48 - Nov 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

I saw that and thought of that thread too Mr Lagos! Will certainly make the next round more interesting although I think they will still be able to apply restrictions such as no more than 3 people congregating together.

Nope, never made it. No way I was fit enough to get there under my own steam :-(

Bankster on 05:48 - Nov 7 with 466 viewsbluelagos

Bankster on 22:48 - Nov 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

Going to cost the Met a fair bit too for those arrested who will be able to claim for what were unlawful arrests...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024