Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? 14:04 - Nov 21 with 3831 viewsRyorry

Previous policy with Ovo greener fixed rate (100% renewable) has run out. Wasn't too happy with Ovo CS anyway (whatever other Which customers may say!).

Was thinking maybe one of the newer ones, but it's important for me to be able to get Economy 10 as well as greener, & I know not all do those; plus obviously don't want one which is so new it has no track record at all.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 06:50 - Nov 22 with 438 viewsGaryCooper

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 21:38 - Nov 21 by Clapham_Junction

Not necessarily - in many cases it is just companies buying REGO certificates from other providers that have renewable facilities.

If you want a genuinely green tariff, you really need to use one of the companies that operates its own renewable power facilities, such as Ecotricity.

This is explained more in detail here: https://www.which.co.uk/news/2019/09/how-green-is-your-energy-tariff/

Unless you have your own power supply, turbine, anaerobic digestor or PV panels the distribution network is the network, you get the same power as every one else.
Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 07:20 - Nov 22 with 433 viewsSikamikanico

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 14:07 - Nov 21 by RobTheMonk

We've just gone with Octopus which has been recommended to me by two seperate friends. Not sure if they do Economic 10 though - might be worth asking. They do £50 credit for both you and referrer as well. If you end up going with them I can refer you so you get the £50.

Really easy to setup.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2019 14:08]

I found out at a meeting recently that octopus energy only exists to facilitate Tax efficient investment
Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 11:43 - Nov 22 with 397 viewsBrixtonBlue

This might help.

https://lookaftermybills.com/?marketing_source=fb_ad&fbclid=IwAR01arbNXyEakfZ_Et

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024