Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What did everyone make of the ref last night 11:30 - Dec 11 with 413 viewsGeoffSentence

I thought he was alright, nice and low key. Missed one or two things, for both sides, but hey it's a tricky job.

I noticed that Woolfy kicked out at someone last night, some refs might have been tempted to send him off á la Beckham vs Argentina, this ref spotted it and just had a quick word.

In the 38 games in which ALB played in goal for us, we averaged 1.53 points per game which, had they been over the course of a single season, would have seen us challenging for the play offs. This at a time when we were otherwise struggling against relegation. Oh, and didn't Mick Mills have terrific posture.
Poll: Who has been our greatest Dane?

What did everyone make of the ref last night on 11:37 - Dec 11 with 392 viewsGarv

Saw that. Norwood and his man had a scuffle too which I think he missed as well.

Did give a couple of ridiculously soft fouls by strikers, but all refs don't do that. I almost blame diving on refs for falling for it.

Poll: How much do you trust Lambert when he says we’ll be a better team for rotating?

What did everyone make of the ref last night on 12:16 - Dec 11 with 341 viewsGeoffSentence

What did everyone make of the ref last night on 11:37 - Dec 11 by Garv

Saw that. Norwood and his man had a scuffle too which I think he missed as well.

Did give a couple of ridiculously soft fouls by strikers, but all refs don't do that. I almost blame diving on refs for falling for it.

He did have fairly strong word with Norwood after Norwood objected to getting a strong shove in the back and had a go at the man. The ref did well there I thought, looked like he had seen the shove was about to blow up but played an advantage for us. He handled Norwood nicely.

In the 38 games in which ALB played in goal for us, we averaged 1.53 points per game which, had they been over the course of a single season, would have seen us challenging for the play offs. This at a time when we were otherwise struggling against relegation. Oh, and didn't Mick Mills have terrific posture.
Poll: Who has been our greatest Dane?

What did everyone make of the ref last night on 12:20 - Dec 11 with 331 viewsGarv

What did everyone make of the ref last night on 12:16 - Dec 11 by GeoffSentence

He did have fairly strong word with Norwood after Norwood objected to getting a strong shove in the back and had a go at the man. The ref did well there I thought, looked like he had seen the shove was about to blow up but played an advantage for us. He handled Norwood nicely.

Not reacting to it too much is a positive to be fair, when other refs would go well over the top.

Norwood does some stupid things though, as a side note.

Poll: How much do you trust Lambert when he says we’ll be a better team for rotating?

What did everyone make of the ref last night on 14:06 - Dec 11 with 254 viewsmonty_radio

I thought he was much better than the 6.1 accorded by the fan ratings. Around me he was getting the customary dog's abuse as our own efforts became progressively frustrated, but I think that if he'd awarded us a penalty, out-of-the-blue like the one that went against us at P.R. recently, they would have loved him and probably given him a 9 or 10.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2020