Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sonos advice 15:14 - Dec 12 with 754 viewsMattinLondon

Hello
I need some advice from someone who knows their tech and can explain stuff easily to a simpleton like me.

We have a Sonos and until quite recently have happily played music on it from my iPhone. Can’t do this anymore.

1. Is it possible to play music on it from my iPhone with a free app? If so how?

I’ve looked on the net, downloaded various apps but still can’t play music.

Thanks in advance.
Sonos advice on 15:15 - Dec 12 with 745 viewsbluefunk

Surely you just download the Sonos app? It free
Sonos advice on 15:17 - Dec 12 with 735 viewsMattinLondon

Sonos advice on 15:15 - Dec 12 by bluefunk

Surely you just download the Sonos app? It free

I have that app but can’t play music on Sonos via the app on my iPhone. I think only Androids can access that function still.
Sonos advice on 15:23 - Dec 12 with 727 viewsartsbossbeard

So, you've got the Sonos app on your iPhone, correct?

Have you got a Spotify, Amazon Music or Deezer account? I *think* you can still get an advert laden FOC version of Spotify, if not. Can't see how you've managed to play music before though..??

Go to the Sonos app settings, add Music Service and log in. Hey presto.

Have you got Tunein for your digital radio services though?? This is free, so this should just work. As a test.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Sonos advice on 15:26 - Dec 12 with 720 viewsartsbossbeard

Sonos advice on 15:17 - Dec 12 by MattinLondon

I have that app but can’t play music on Sonos via the app on my iPhone. I think only Androids can access that function still.

Ah! Is your iPhone an older/unsupported version now?

If so, that's probably your issue..I had this on an old iPad. It wouldn't update the Sonos app to latest version as the ipad version was unsupported.

This could well be your issue.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Sonos advice on 15:52 - Dec 12 with 669 viewsplaythewayyourfacing

Ok, as far as I know, Sonos recentlly stopped users playing their own music from IOS devices, seems they couldn't keep up with Apples frequent update releases. This happened a couple of months back.

You can still use Napster et al from the App on your IOS devices though

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/sonos-no-longer-suppo
Sonos advice on 16:02 - Dec 12 with 658 viewsGlasgowBlue

You can no longer go into the sonos ap and select okay music on this phone. You can now selecypt airplay from your iPhone and select the Sonos speaker from the list. So it’s a much cleaner work around.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sonos advice on 16:56 - Dec 12 with 614 viewsArgyle_blue

You can still airplay songs downloaded on your Apple Music. You can airplay bbc sounds etc too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024