Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know we have some frequent flyers on the forum 10:10 - Dec 31 with 649 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone flown the much maligned Boeing 787 yet? I am in Osaka at the moment having arrived earlier from Amsterdam on one. Very competitive airfare from KLM but I think I can see why now. All I am saying is that if Ryanair get the rights to some long haul routes and buy some 787s we have the makings of a perfect storm...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

I know we have some frequent flyers on the forum on 12:47 - Dec 31 with 564 viewsPendejo

How is 787 maligned?

Have flown many times in 787, excellent aircraft. Are you sure you are not thinking of 737?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I know we have some frequent flyers on the forum on 13:15 - Dec 31 with 542 viewsTIB

If you're on about the Dreamliner, I took one back from Kuala Lumpur in March and thought it was pretty average...I'd been pretty excited considering the hype. Found it to be noisy and fairly cramped compared to the A380 I'd taken out.

On the other hand, I took a KLM A330 to Bonaire the other week which was decent. Cabin did feel fairly cramped as had no dividers between different classes...that said, staff were attentive and kept me well fed and watered (nice choice of Shiraz...no Away Days Bierre Van HopDonk unfortunately).

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

I know we have some frequent flyers on the forum on 13:26 - Dec 31 with 532 viewsChiefXL

The 787 isn't maligned?
You may be confusing it with the 737 MAX 8 which suffered two fatal crashes?
I know we have some frequent flyers on the forum on 13:30 - Dec 31 with 525 viewsNo9

I know we have some frequent flyers on the forum on 12:47 - Dec 31 by Pendejo

How is 787 maligned?

Have flown many times in 787, excellent aircraft. Are you sure you are not thinking of 737?

In airline circles there are significant concerns about the 787 as well as some of Boeing's other products.
The fact that too many Boeing employees sit on the FIA certification processes is something that needs to be addressed
I know we have some frequent flyers on the forum on 13:31 - Dec 31 with 522 viewsPinewoodblue

I know we have some frequent flyers on the forum on 13:26 - Dec 31 by ChiefXL

The 787 isn't maligned?
You may be confusing it with the 737 MAX 8 which suffered two fatal crashes?

Are there not ongoing issues with the Rolls Royce engines?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I know we have some frequent flyers on the forum on 13:37 - Dec 31 with 514 viewsChiefXL

I know we have some frequent flyers on the forum on 13:30 - Dec 31 by No9

In airline circles there are significant concerns about the 787 as well as some of Boeing's other products.
The fact that too many Boeing employees sit on the FIA certification processes is something that needs to be addressed

And I believe that will be one of the outcomes of the MAX 8 scandal.
But I certainly wasn't aware of any concerns over the Dreamliner.

Not that I frequent any of the forums that would discuss this, I just fly a lot through work.
I know we have some frequent flyers on the forum on 13:42 - Dec 31 with 501 viewsPinewoodblue

I know we have some frequent flyers on the forum on 13:30 - Dec 31 by No9

FAA relied on Boding to self certify.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I know we have some frequent flyers on the forum on 13:47 - Dec 31 with 494 viewsWeWereZombies

I know we have some frequent flyers on the forum on 13:37 - Dec 31 by ChiefXL

And I believe that will be one of the outcomes of the MAX 8 scandal.
But I certainly wasn't aware of any concerns over the Dreamliner.

Not that I frequent any of the forums that would discuss this, I just fly a lot through work.

I did have a squint at Wikipedia during one of the peripatetic intervals of wi-fi that KLM allowed me whilst I was in the air and noted the problems that had arisen:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_787_Dreamliner

But you are right, I was conflating the much worse record of the 737 Max into my usual grumpy outlook on these things exacerbated by jet lag. All the same I am hoping for an Airbus on the return journey...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024