Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aussie fire piece on the BBC. 16:50 - Jan 14 with 526 viewshampstead_blue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-51043828

Not saying that climate change isn't a factor at all.....Just thought this piece was worth sharing.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Aussie fire piece on the BBC. on 16:56 - Jan 14 with 505 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nothing particularly controversial there - fuel availability is key to fires and regular burning key to fire prevention. It's a tactic we used to use regularly in this country. Their approach is a nice twist on it though - we can learn a lot from practices perfected over decades through trial and error.

Climate change is only one factor of many. The fires aren't happening because of climate change. I wish the media frenzy would state this more clearly as a sensible discussion about how to cope is hard when it becomes a polarised issue between 'warmers' and 'deniers'.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Aussie fire piece on the BBC. on 17:11 - Jan 14 with 489 viewshampstead_blue

Aussie fire piece on the BBC. on 16:56 - Jan 14 by Swansea_Blue

Nothing particularly controversial there - fuel availability is key to fires and regular burning key to fire prevention. It's a tactic we used to use regularly in this country. Their approach is a nice twist on it though - we can learn a lot from practices perfected over decades through trial and error.

Climate change is only one factor of many. The fires aren't happening because of climate change. I wish the media frenzy would state this more clearly as a sensible discussion about how to cope is hard when it becomes a polarised issue between 'warmers' and 'deniers'.

Well said.

One thing which stood out was that without regular burning the 'kindling' just mounts up.
Also my understanding is that residents stopped the burning for their own ends

Maybe Australia can learn a few lessons from those who've managed the land for many, many years.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024