Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it wrong to support a second side? 08:24 - Feb 5 with 7564 viewsPippin1970

Ipswich will always be my team and go to away games in the north. Morecambe I've adopted as my local side, financially cheaper but personally on the doorstep. Any others do the same or second team?
Is it wrong to support a second side? on 23:17 - Feb 5 with 401 viewsITFCMonk

Braintree Town FC
Is it wrong to support a second side? on 23:46 - Feb 5 with 392 viewsMelford

Is it wrong to support a second side? on 16:50 - Feb 5 by PJH

Remind him that we have won the league more recently than his team though won't you?

My boss is a Spurs season ticket holder, I do pull this one out from time to time.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Is it wrong to support a second side? on 08:44 - Feb 6 with 352 viewsIPS_wich

I've had a few second local teams that I've 'followed' due to not living in Ipswich since I was 18 - but they don't come close in comparison to ITFC. At various times this has been Lancaster (late 90s), Brentford (early 00s), Basingstoke (mid 00s) and Chelmsford (late 00s and early 10s). Hearts have always been my Scottish team since the mid-80s.

I've also had teams in other sports that I have been quite passionate about at various times, but they never generate the passion that ITFC does: LA/Oakland Raiders (NFL), Leeds Rhinos (Rugby League), Yorkshire CC, Boston Red Sox.

But there are only two teams that come close to ITFC in how I feel about them (i.e. butterflies in the stomach in the build up to every game, consuming every bit of media/podcasts about then and then the agony/ecstasy when watching them) and that's the England Cricket team and the Fremantle Dockers (Aussie Rules). I've only been in Perth for seven years and I'm genuinely surprised that a sport and team I hadn't even really heard of before 2013 has become such an obsession for someone in their late 30s. Maybe it's compensation for not being able to get to Portman Rd anymore; but even when I was back in the UK last June, I got up at 4am to watch the live stream from Australia.

Odd to say this, but given a choice between Ipswich being promoted this year, or Freo winning their first grand final - I'm not sure I could choose.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024