Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a great idea 09:37 - Feb 7 with 488 viewsHARRY10

I know this does not address the huge problem of the waste we produce - or why folk live in such conditions

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2019/dec/24/from-rubbish-to-rice-the-cafe-tha

I Norway thye have a scheme whereby money is paid to those who collect metal cans. Being Scandinavian they have even put collecting rings around the bins so collecters don't have to rummage in the bins.

And given

'Last month the global temperature was warmer than any previous January on record, according to the European Union’s Copernicus Climate Change Service.'

'A massive hole has been discovered in the Antarctic’s so-called doomsday glacier suggesting it may be melting even faster than scientists have long feared.

The massive Thwaites ridge would send sea levels surging by up to two feet if it dissolved completely — enough to submerge major coastal cities across the globe. Because the UK-sized chunk acts as a barrier protecting the vast West Antarctica, its melting would also destabilise the entire region by exposing it to warmer waters.'

'Antarctica has logged its hottest temperature on record, with an Argentinian research station thermometer reading 18.3C, beating the previous record by 0.8C. The reading, taken at Esperanza on the northern tip of the continent’s peninsula, beats Antarctica’s previous record of 17.5C, set in March 2015.'

with those being stories from two papers this morning

[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 9:39]
What a great idea on 09:40 - Feb 7 with 472 viewsfactual_blue

We don't want anything to do with the EU's Climate Change Lies Service, thank you very much.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What a great idea on 10:02 - Feb 7 with 441 viewsHARRY10

What a great idea on 09:40 - Feb 7 by factual_blue

We don't want anything to do with the EU's Climate Change Lies Service, thank you very much.

What do the loons have to say

Julia Hartley-Brewer
@JuliaHB1
·13 Aug 2019
Me? Mostly not worrying about spurious claims of an imminent catastrophe and enjoying the sunshine.

'This is not BXP policy but I have always found people to be happier when the sky is blue - summer or winter. So why not get our climate scientists to change their focus to solving daytime cloud dispersal and also nighttime rain to water the plants. Joy trumps Armageddon fear.' Brexir candidate Lance Foreman

"Brexit Party MEPs have voted against a European Parliament motion to declare a global climate emergency. Brian Monteith, Rupert Lowe and John Tennant were among others in the Brexit Party delegation who voted against the climate emergency motion, which was passed with 429 votes for and 225 against. Every Brexit Party MEP in attendance voted against."
November 28, 2019
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024