Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! 21:48 - Feb 12 with 5693 viewsCoco

jesus!

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 15:33 - Feb 13 with 352 viewsParmigiano

A good friend of mine was a youth team physio at ITFC around 10 years ago and he said he could see even then that Bishop's natural physique would never see him go for long without injury (I guess Bish would have been early/mid-teens at the time). Some people are just unlucky with their biological muscularity, tendon & ligament strength, natural core etc...
We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 15:40 - Feb 13 with 331 viewsrattram

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 09:52 - Feb 13 by Churchman

Interestingly David McGoldrick made 45 appearances for Sheffield Utd last season, 19 this. This is a greater percentage than any season at ITFC and he is 32. That suggests their handling of players/injuries is far better. Given how appalling ITFC is as a club in every respect now, that would make sense. Add in McGoldrick’s comments about the difference in expectations between the two clubs, is this a factor in people like Bishop spending their time shining their rears on the treatment table? Some players may not be too bothered. Richard Wright appeared perfectly happy to spend 10 years shining his on the subs bench and picking up the cash and who can blame him?

I guess I am putting two and two together to make fifteen and being overly cynical, but elements of my suspicions are worth a thought.

Something has been wrong with our training method for years. We continually have too many players requiring treatment. The McGoldrick situation is extremely annoying. Having read the Alf Ramsey biography, it states that 9 of the first team squad played 40 or more times in 61/62, when we won the First Division (that's the old Premier League for any youngsters on line).
We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 15:43 - Feb 13 with 326 viewsagentp

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 15:40 - Feb 13 by rattram

Something has been wrong with our training method for years. We continually have too many players requiring treatment. The McGoldrick situation is extremely annoying. Having read the Alf Ramsey biography, it states that 9 of the first team squad played 40 or more times in 61/62, when we won the First Division (that's the old Premier League for any youngsters on line).

Comparing the 60's to now is really quite pointless.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 15:50 - Feb 13 with 309 viewsjayessess

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 15:12 - Feb 13 by rfretwell

We can circulate to clubs that we are making them available and take it from there. Shape up or ship them out - Pep did it with Joe Hart. It might wake a few of them up even! I'm not happy to stand through atrocious first half hoof ball as on Tuesday night. Our standards must be raised somehow.

Make a list, OK.

So, we knock up a list with Kenlock, Wilson, Bishop and all 4 strikers on it.

First problem is that you've alerted every club in England that you're desperate to get rid. Might as well stamp "accept any offer" on their foreheads. So, no fees.

Second problem is that none of them is in form, so no-one will want to pay them what we were paying them when we decided they were worth a contract. So, we subsidise their wages.

So there we end up, with a much smaller squad, still paying to subsidise ex-players wages and with no cash to spend on transfer fees, loan fees or signing fees.

Hardly puts us in a brilliant position, does it?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 15:56 - Feb 13 with 303 viewsjayessess

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 15:40 - Feb 13 by rattram

Four long-term and two short-term injuries is perfectly normal for a professional football club in 2020.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024