Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert is a typical Weegie 12:30 - Feb 21 with 1010 viewschicoazul

A deeply emotional man who is very sensitive. Look at his presser this week after a win compared to last when he was getting so bitter at Our Phil.
Hopefully he isnt up and down like this with the players all week, if he is no wonder half the time they play like strangers.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Lambert is a typical Weegie on 12:37 - Feb 21 with 990 viewsChrisd

That was something MM did so well, never too high after a win or never too low after a defeat - well not until the very end! It must be so rewarding, difficult and frustrating being a football manager with all its demands, but equally it's important to keep things on an even keel as best you can.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert is a typical Weegie on 12:47 - Feb 21 with 960 viewsRadlett_blue

Lambert is a typical Weegie on 12:37 - Feb 21 by Chrisd

That was something MM did so well, never too high after a win or never too low after a defeat - well not until the very end! It must be so rewarding, difficult and frustrating being a football manager with all its demands, but equally it's important to keep things on an even keel as best you can.

The pressers are near irrelevant. I can only guess what Lambert is like with the players in the dressing room; he strikes me as being fairly quietly spoken rather than on old school teacup thrower. On Tuesday Lambert again made the comment that "it's up to Marcus Evans whether or not I stay here" which is true, but never fills me with conviction about Lambert's commitment to the job.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Lambert is a typical Weegie on 18:06 - Feb 21 with 783 viewsGarv

Lambert is a typical Weegie on 12:47 - Feb 21 by Radlett_blue

The pressers are near irrelevant. I can only guess what Lambert is like with the players in the dressing room; he strikes me as being fairly quietly spoken rather than on old school teacup thrower. On Tuesday Lambert again made the comment that "it's up to Marcus Evans whether or not I stay here" which is true, but never fills me with conviction about Lambert's commitment to the job.

I think it's a shame all we see of managers is, pretty much, the press conferences. They're all likely to be so much more impressive 'in person' behind the scenes. You rarely, if ever, see what a manager is like face to face with a player apart from on the touchline maybe, which doesn't tell you anything.

Jose would be a good example I think. Tosser in the media, especially in recent years, but is clearly a brilliant professional in his own way, having had so much success.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024