Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert has been the perfect patsy for the perfect storm 13:09 - Feb 23 with 1032 viewsSE1blue

Lambert has been the perfect fit for Evans approach to club ownership - words and waffle.

He has said all the right things to the fans.
He’s brought in faces from the ‘golden years’
He talked positively of ME’s ‘vision’.
He wins himself a five year contract for being a ‘nice’ (from his M&S sweaters to his rosy cheeks) guy.
He doesn’t complain about the lack of spending money (like the other managers, these will come after he’s sacked)

Sadly, this is football and matches aren’t played in a conference room full of half-cut back-slappers.

None of this will end well.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Lambert has been the perfect patsy for the perfect storm on 13:10 - Feb 23 with 1025 viewsTractorCam

He has complained many times about the 'financial' difficulties with signings.

Which is another reason amongst the others you mentioned why fans refuse to put any blame over his head.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Lambert has been the perfect patsy for the perfect storm on 13:18 - Feb 23 with 971 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert has been the perfect patsy for the perfect storm on 13:10 - Feb 23 by TractorCam

Which is another reason amongst the others you mentioned why fans refuse to put any blame over his head.

This business with Connor Wickham.... by Bloots 12 Feb 2020 13:48
....I assume this was covered last night, but I missed it, so if we did try and get him on loan then this implies that there was some money available for reinforcements.

So why did we then not get someone in who was in our price range?

It would be like being homeless singleton who could afford a nice two bedroom flat, refusing to buy anything other than an 8 bedroom mansion, and preferring to live on the streets.

Of course the alternative is that our manager is a massive liar.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert has been the perfect patsy for the perfect storm on 13:26 - Feb 23 with 930 viewsSE1blue

Lambert has been the perfect patsy for the perfect storm on 13:10 - Feb 23 by TractorCam

That’s fair to a degree but then why sign a five year contract (barring the obvious financial incentive) and not just leave?

Sticking with Marcus Evans and his lack of ambition, is like signing the death of your career.

Lambert has been the perfect patsy for the perfect storm on 13:27 - Feb 23 with 921 viewsTractorCam

Lambert has been the perfect patsy for the perfect storm on 13:26 - Feb 23 by SE1blue

That’s fair to a degree but then why sign a five year contract (barring the obvious financial incentive) and not just leave?

Sticking with Marcus Evans and his lack of ambition, is like signing the death of your career.

Because he knows he isn't going to get another club as good as this one.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Lambert has been the perfect patsy for the perfect storm on 13:28 - Feb 23 with 906 viewsSE1blue

Lambert has been the perfect patsy for the perfect storm on 13:27 - Feb 23 by TractorCam

And that suggests it’s all too comfortable at the club - no real drive or ambition.

Which goes back to my original post that they are perfect for each other under the current conditions.

Lambert has been the perfect patsy for the perfect storm on 13:43 - Feb 23 with 874 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert has been the perfect patsy for the perfect storm on 13:27 - Feb 23 by TractorCam

But he also needs no further failures on his slate. Fail here, and believe me, he's failing, and his career's over.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024