Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This business with Connor Wickham.... 13:48 - Feb 12 with 6327 viewsBloots

....I assume this was covered last night, but I missed it, so if we did try and get him on loan then this implies that there was some money available for reinforcements.

So why did we then not get someone in who was in our price range?

It would be like being homeless singleton who could afford a nice two bedroom flat, refusing to buy anything other than an 8 bedroom mansion, and preferring to live on the streets.

Of course the alternative is that our manager is a massive liar.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 14:24]

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 13:49 - Feb 12 with 5424 viewsHerbivore

It's Connor or bust.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 13:50 - Feb 12 with 5418 viewsfooters

I did wonder whether he mispoke and didn't mean Connor "£60k-a-week" Wickham but a loanee from Wickham Market.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 13:57 - Feb 12 with 5356 viewsskyblue23

I found it strange there was even a belief he would drop from the Premier League to League 1. I get he has history with us but that's a huge drop compared to scoring in the Prem a few weeks ago. Amazing if they had of pulled it off, almost as good as when we signed Giovanni Dos Santos!

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 14:02 - Feb 12 with 5303 viewsLankHenners

Genuinely, I'm assuming we were in for a few players and didn't want to pay what was been asked so Lambert named the most outrageous inquiry to make it sound like we were showing some ambition and also thought it might spur some goodwill with Wickham being ex-Town and all that.

Instead it made him, and us, look like a fcking idiot.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 14:03 - Feb 12 with 5287 viewsKieran_Knows

I laughed my head off when I saw he said that this morning. Beyond pathetic.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 14:09 - Feb 12 with 5240 viewsCoco

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 14:03 - Feb 12 by Kieran_Knows

I laughed my head off when I saw he said that this morning. Beyond pathetic.

Can only be who is in Marcus’ little black book. He got Walters in that time didn’t he.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 14:11 - Feb 12 with 5230 viewsJ2BLUE

It was ridiculous. The more he talks the more I just wish he would shut up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 14:15 - Feb 12 with 5209 viewsTractorCam

He's just continuing to take the fans on a ride.

If it is true, what a funny time to bring it up considering the transfer window closed 2 weeks ago. I wonder why he would bring it up straight after a disappointing match....

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 14:25 - Feb 12 with 5155 viewsPrideOfTheEast

We almost got him last January - I assumed Lambo was muddling up!

As if we'd have got him to a League 1 club. He's on 45k a week and a host of Championship clubs would presumably be well ahead of us.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 14:25]
This business with Connor Wickham.... on 14:27 - Feb 12 with 5134 viewsBiGDonnie

I thought this too. I came to the conclusion that it's BS and they come out with it to appease us.

Who the actual fook in the this club thinks Wickham would come here on loan? I wouldn't even try that in Football Manager!

We're an actual circus.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 14:28 - Feb 12 with 5120 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Haha. Nicely done

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 14:28 - Feb 12 with 5113 viewsTractorCam

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 14:27 - Feb 12 by BiGDonnie

I thought this too. I came to the conclusion that it's BS and they come out with it to appease us.

Who the actual fook in the this club thinks Wickham would come here on loan? I wouldn't even try that in Football Manager!

We're an actual circus.

Would love Evans/ O'Neill to put the record straight on this one.

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 14:31 - Feb 12 with 5096 viewsBlueBadger

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 14:15 - Feb 12 by TractorCam

He's just continuing to take the fans on a ride.

If it is true, what a funny time to bring it up considering the transfer window closed 2 weeks ago. I wonder why he would bring it up straight after a disappointing match....

I don't know about anyone else but I'm starting to thihnk that he may be more interested(and proficient) in self-promotion and currying favour with idiots than actually managing a football team.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 14:39 - Feb 12 with 5036 viewsBloomBlue

I'm actually in 2 minds on this, we criticise the club for lack of ambition and then criticise them for being too ambitious.

I was thinking last night if the club had gone out and got a Prem u21 striker on loan who had hardly scored this season because he was within our price range and then news had broken that Wickham would have been prepared to come but Ipswich didnt even try would fans be moaning about MEs lack of ambition for not even trying to get Wickham?
You're missing my point..... on 14:45 - Feb 12 with 4986 viewsBloots

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 14:39 - Feb 12 by BloomBlue

I'm actually in 2 minds on this, we criticise the club for lack of ambition and then criticise them for being too ambitious.

I was thinking last night if the club had gone out and got a Prem u21 striker on loan who had hardly scored this season because he was within our price range and then news had broken that Wickham would have been prepared to come but Ipswich didnt even try would fans be moaning about MEs lack of ambition for not even trying to get Wickham?

.....namely that there must be someone in between the unproven kid who has never scored and the £10m, £50k a week Premier League striker.

Plus Lambert categorically said there was no money.

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 14:47 - Feb 12 with 4964 viewsTractorCam

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 14:31 - Feb 12 by BlueBadger

I don't know about anyone else but I'm starting to thihnk that he may be more interested(and proficient) in self-promotion and currying favour with idiots than actually managing a football team.

Bingo!

I'd love a truly independent journo.... on 14:48 - Feb 12 with 4959 viewsBloots

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 14:28 - Feb 12 by TractorCam

Would love Evans/ O'Neill to put the record straight on this one.

....to actually have the balls to call them out on it.

Shame really.

I can imagine Brenner:

"Paul, we heard earlier in the week that you tried to sign CW. I guess that shows that the ambition is still there and Marcus is willing to invest in moving the club forward"

"Yes"

"Thanks Paul"

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 15:00 - Feb 12 with 4858 viewsWacko

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 13:50 - Feb 12 by footers

I did wonder whether he mispoke and didn't mean Connor "£60k-a-week" Wickham but a loanee from Wickham Market.

Does Terry Connor have a house there? He's a striker

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 15:47 - Feb 12 with 4703 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Did we pay any money for the Jon Walters loan? Or did Burnley let us have him as a thank you for your services?

As I imagine Marcus phoned up and the conversation went like this:

ME: Could we have Connor Wickham on loan? He loves it here and will help him rediscover his love of football, you will have him back next year fit and firing.

Palace: Great idea Marcus! We won't charge you a loan fee but the payment of his salary for the time he is with you seems fair.

...........Phone line goes dead.........

Palace: Hello? Marcus......are you still there?

ME to PL: Sorry Paul, they wanted ridiculous money for him. How is Simon Dawkins getting on?

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 16:06 - Feb 12 with 4629 viewsTractorCam

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 15:47 - Feb 12 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

Did we pay any money for the Jon Walters loan? Or did Burnley let us have him as a thank you for your services?

As I imagine Marcus phoned up and the conversation went like this:

ME: Could we have Connor Wickham on loan? He loves it here and will help him rediscover his love of football, you will have him back next year fit and firing.

Palace: Great idea Marcus! We won't charge you a loan fee but the payment of his salary for the time he is with you seems fair.

...........Phone line goes dead.........

Palace: Hello? Marcus......are you still there?

ME to PL: Sorry Paul, they wanted ridiculous money for him. How is Simon Dawkins getting on?

Anything to twist it on Evans of course!

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 16:11 - Feb 12 with 4604 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 16:06 - Feb 12 by TractorCam

Anything to twist it on Evans of course!

Well every manager has said at some point that Evans is responsible for negotiations......

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

You're missing my point..... on 18:13 - Feb 12 with 4383 viewsBloomBlue

You're missing my point..... on 14:45 - Feb 12 by Bloots

.....namely that there must be someone in between the unproven kid who has never scored and the £10m, £50k a week Premier League striker.

Plus Lambert categorically said there was no money.

I understand but getting a proven scorer in would cost a large fee plus wages over x years. Also look at some the negativity when Earl joined around another player who failed during a previous loan.

Now ignoring the various possibilities it could be that ME with freeing up Bart's £10k weekly wage he thought he would try the old Arry option of offering to use that £10k towards Wickham wages, Palace paying the rest, it would only be for the rest of the season, ie a gamble.

Its feasible Wickham had made it known he was prepared to come here for game time, lets face it given his scoring and injury record over the last 3 years I dont imagine there would be many teams in for a short term deal. Plus any consistent game time for him now would be good irrelevant of which league. But maybe when ME approached Palace they said Town had to pay the whole £60k per week or no deal.

I'm not disputing there may be better options but my point is we criticise ME for lack of ambition and now we're criticising him for too much ambition
This business with Connor Wickham.... on 18:16 - Feb 12 with 4355 viewsDoctor_Earman

It's nothing other than PR bullocks to try and divert attention away from the real problem at ITFC i.e. Evans.
This business with Connor Wickham.... on 18:17 - Feb 12 with 4353 viewsPecker

The thing that angers me about this story is that actually expect me to believe it. How much cr@p has come out of that blokes mouth over the last couple of months? Would prefer him to stay mute than come out with this rubbish.
This business with Connor Wickham.... on 19:12 - Feb 12 with 4237 viewsLeoMuff

The most depressing thing is even if we had got him in would he have made a difference ? I think not, we pass it around an awful lot while creating the square root of f@ck all.

We created barely anything last night with 70% possession, how is CW going to make a difference to that.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 22:20]

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024