Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest mistake this season? 07:31 - Feb 26 with 6993 viewsDubtractor

For me I think failing to get a target man in the summer and making do with an unfit Keane as he was available..

Lambert was clearly after a target man, Elliot from Millwall was even in the door, and lacking that physical, direct option up front has cost us.

We are so easy to defend against when a team keeps their shape. We can't pass through teams, and every time we play a quick direct ball the opposition easily mop it up.

This isn't really meant as a dig at Keane, though I'm not a fan, more that he was the wrong player for what we needed.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 7:34]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Biggest mistake this season? on 13:58 - Feb 26 with 473 viewsGarv

I rate Keane well but you're right about a target man.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Biggest mistake this season? on 16:59 - Feb 26 with 429 viewsbluegrass

Biggest mistake this season? on 10:11 - Feb 26 by RobTheMonk

The dropping of Holy was an odd one. If I recall correctly, he was dropped the game after making a ridiculous penalty save and if anything, seemed to be, no pun intended, growing into the role. And then he gets dropped, Norris comes in and makes about 7-8 errors that lead to goals.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 10:19]

Agreed. This for me was a ridiculous decision. To many it may seem one of many but rotating goalkeepers rarely works especially when we were crying out for a settled team and system. I felt the penalty save could have kick started the season but as usual one good game, change things and lose momentum.

Lambert says players should be good enough to adapt to any system so why hasn’t this worked Paul? Must be poor coaching.
Biggest mistake this season? on 17:27 - Feb 26 with 408 viewsbobbyramsey

Allowing PRP to convince his boss that he was the "second coming" when in fact he was the "devil incarnate."

If we could see it why couldn't he.....?
Biggest mistake this season? on 17:54 - Feb 26 with 394 viewshamburger_sv

Letting Lambert stay at this club instead of getting a better manager like Phil Parkinson or Mark Robins at the end of last season.

Poll: Who would be the best owner for Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024