Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Five Point Protest Aims to Focus Frustrations 09:45 - Mar 10 with 1417 viewsNewsTWTD

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/38020/five-point-protest-aims-to-focus-f

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Five Point Protest Aims to Focus Frustrations on 11:11 - Mar 10 with 1267 viewsOxford_Blue

These guys mean well, I do get that, but the presentation of the points is amateurish, skims the surface, doesn’t look mature or professional, doesn’t address solutions and really is just a generalised moan. It doesn’t assess the evidence against its position either, which is a problem, because any discussion with Evans will need to combat his points - like he’s spent 60-70 million of his money on the club, doesn’t have that kind of money anymore, and if he walks away the club folds and Lambert has take a team from top to mid table.
Five Point Protest Aims to Focus Frustrations on 11:32 - Mar 10 with 1239 viewsbraveblue

Five Point Protest Aims to Focus Frustrations on 11:11 - Mar 10 by Oxford_Blue

These guys mean well, I do get that, but the presentation of the points is amateurish, skims the surface, doesn’t look mature or professional, doesn’t address solutions and really is just a generalised moan. It doesn’t assess the evidence against its position either, which is a problem, because any discussion with Evans will need to combat his points - like he’s spent 60-70 million of his money on the club, doesn’t have that kind of money anymore, and if he walks away the club folds and Lambert has take a team from top to mid table.

Did Evans tell you that? How do you know the club would fold? Surely he would sell at a loss? Better than nothing. Also the numbers you quote re cash on are way out.
Five Point Protest Aims to Focus Frustrations on 13:23 - Mar 10 with 1163 viewsKeaneish

Five Point Protest Aims to Focus Frustrations on 11:11 - Mar 10 by Oxford_Blue

I think this needs input from a wider base to mature it. The die has been cast and its up to others to make recommendations to improve it now. Send him your thoughts. Appreciate a lot of us haven't the time to dedicate to this but messages with recommendations will help strengthen it for him.

It has my backing. We need to stop thinking about the "what if scenarios" and discuss in an open forum ideally with the owner for full transparency and accountability - wishful thinking maybe but that should be the aim.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Five Point Protest Aims to Focus Frustrations on 13:51 - Mar 10 with 1135 viewsChrisd

Five Point Protest Aims to Focus Frustrations on 13:23 - Mar 10 by Keaneish

I think this needs input from a wider base to mature it. The die has been cast and its up to others to make recommendations to improve it now. Send him your thoughts. Appreciate a lot of us haven't the time to dedicate to this but messages with recommendations will help strengthen it for him.

It has my backing. We need to stop thinking about the "what if scenarios" and discuss in an open forum ideally with the owner for full transparency and accountability - wishful thinking maybe but that should be the aim.

I suppose that’s the whole point of having the open forums, like they are doing, it provides the opportunity so these points can be expanded on with slightly different views and interpretations. I’m sure if this Mark Beck had put together a presentation with numerous details under each point that would be wrong too!

Like you’ve suggested Keaneish, if supporters feel they want to raise an issue and get their point across get in contact with him or attend the forums. At least he’s trying to get something started and is being positive with his actions.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Five Point Protest Aims to Focus Frustrations on 19:45 - Mar 10 with 1012 viewsOxford_Blue

Five Point Protest Aims to Focus Frustrations on 11:32 - Mar 10 by braveblue

Did Evans tell you that? How do you know the club would fold? Surely he would sell at a loss? Better than nothing. Also the numbers you quote re cash on are way out.

No, Evans didn’t tell me this.

The figures are from publicly available accounts.

If Evans stops funding the club, it will go into administration. If the administrator can’t find a buyer, or can’t find millions of savings from nowhere, the club goes under.

This “buyer” you refer to is where?
Five Point Protest Aims to Focus Frustrations on 19:55 - Mar 10 with 992 viewsLeoMuff

Five Point Protest Aims to Focus Frustrations on 19:45 - Mar 10 by Oxford_Blue

No, Evans didn’t tell me this.

The figures are from publicly available accounts.

If Evans stops funding the club, it will go into administration. If the administrator can’t find a buyer, or can’t find millions of savings from nowhere, the club goes under.

This “buyer” you refer to is where?

Why would the club go into admin ? If he sold the club at seasons end he would write off the debt and we would be back to square 1, we would have to sell some players to pay wages but we wouldn’t go under and would need to build again on a smaller budget.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Five Point Protest Aims to Focus Frustrations on 20:29 - Mar 10 with 956 viewsOxford_Blue

Five Point Protest Aims to Focus Frustrations on 19:55 - Mar 10 by LeoMuff

Why would the club go into admin ? If he sold the club at seasons end he would write off the debt and we would be back to square 1, we would have to sell some players to pay wages but we wouldn’t go under and would need to build again on a smaller budget.

Admin ensues if he “walks away” which is parlance for him deciding not to make up the shortfall.

Agree that is someone buys the club and can make it work then fine

But as has been said before where is this buyer? And how likely is it anyone sane would buy a loss making business in league one with virtually no assets.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024