Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clever wording, or mandatory? 17:12 - Mar 20 with 435 viewschrisswailes

Are pubs/clubs/gyms etc now legally FORCED to close, or was he just being firmer?

I used to do this: https://tinyurl.com/warwavesbbc | We miss you TLA | Do you guys like Friends?
Poll: What is my best feature?

Clever wording, or mandatory? on 17:15 - Mar 20 with 414 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This new scheme they’re introducing.. blimey!

Never thought I’d say this but they’re doing a good job at dealing with this imo.

Poll: TWTD Exit Poll - Who did you vote for in today's General election

Clever wording, or mandatory? on 18:10 - Mar 20 with 310 viewsmonytowbray

Clever wording, or mandatory? on 17:15 - Mar 20 by The_Romford_Blue

This new scheme they’re introducing.. blimey!

Never thought I’d say this but they’re doing a good job at dealing with this imo.

They are now. But this should have happened 5 days ago, maybe even Friday. The stress caused to business owners, employees and freelancers like myself on top of the virus itself has been horrid.

I just hope the science is right and we’ve not left it too late.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything."
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Clever wording, or mandatory? on 18:17 - Mar 20 with 288 viewsSwansea_Blue

Clever wording, or mandatory? on 18:10 - Mar 20 by monytowbray

They are now. But this should have happened 5 days ago, maybe even Friday. The stress caused to business owners, employees and freelancers like myself on top of the virus itself has been horrid.

I just hope the science is right and we’ve not left it too late.

It takes time to get things in place. Given they only woke up to the seriousness on Tuesday, they've done superbly well to get as far as they have in 3 days.

But in the bigger picture you're absolutely right. Their doomed mass immunity approach and lax handling of the situation back to at least the first UK cases in January has set us/them back weeks. And the piecemeal 'is it shut / isn't it' approach wasn't helpful. Luckily, many organisations had the sense to see what was coming and go into various stages of close down before the govt acted.

Lessons will need to be learnt from all of that that, but for now the only important thing is what's happening at the moment.

Poll: What player was the poorer of these two

Clever wording, or mandatory? on 18:22 - Mar 20 with 273 viewsmonytowbray

Clever wording, or mandatory? on 18:17 - Mar 20 by Swansea_Blue

It takes time to get things in place. Given they only woke up to the seriousness on Tuesday, they've done superbly well to get as far as they have in 3 days.

But in the bigger picture you're absolutely right. Their doomed mass immunity approach and lax handling of the situation back to at least the first UK cases in January has set us/them back weeks. And the piecemeal 'is it shut / isn't it' approach wasn't helpful. Luckily, many organisations had the sense to see what was coming and go into various stages of close down before the govt acted.

Lessons will need to be learnt from all of that that, but for now the only important thing is what's happening at the moment.

Agree. And it’s also one more thing I can shut up about now so Johnson’s done TWTD a favour.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything."
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2020