Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland furlough first team players 13:42 - Apr 7 with 3201 viewsPinewoodblue

https://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2020/april/players-and-backroom-staff-placed

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Sunderland furlough first team players on 09:46 - Apr 8 with 269 viewshampstead_blue

Sunderland furlough first team players on 15:04 - Apr 7 by I_LOVE_GOLLOB

I thought it's only upto 25K Per Year and your employer can't pay the balance? That's what i was told when i said I'd happily take 80% for sitting at home to do nothing.

The employer can claim up to £2,500 net and also has the option to top it up if they so desire.

I'd imagine that players have clauses to protect themselves or trigger a free transfer if they are not paid in full.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Sunderland furlough first team players on 10:13 - Apr 8 with 254 viewsfloridaboy

Sunderland furlough first team players on 18:53 - Apr 7 by Pinewoodblue

I don’t think professional football clubs can actually furlough players. They presumably issue instructions on maintaining fitness levels so players. In effect are working from home.

Crewe have also furloughed all their playing squad as well

Sunderland are in deep deep trouble. Administration is a huge possibility sooner rather than later I think
Sunderland furlough first team players on 10:14 - Apr 8 with 253 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Sunderland furlough first team players on 18:04 - Apr 7 by Leaky

My accountant told basically the same, although I think its £2500 a month maximum payment. I was also advised as a company director if I claim I'm not allowed to do even paperwork.

You are not allowed to do anything that would benefit the business or be classed as a service to the business. So if you are furloughed you literally should not even be thinking about work.

Where i work, we are blocking email access and logins for people who we have furloughed to work around the issue.

The only exception is training courses - if you do these the employer has to pay you for that on top of the furlough, they cannot claim that back.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024