Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decent Reuters article* 23:04 - Apr 9 with 1122 viewsartsbossbeard

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN21P1VF?__twitter_impression=true

*Potential fake news ©some bloke on here with a spreadsheet a lot bigger than his cock.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Decent Reuters article* on 00:30 - Apr 10 with 1047 viewslinhdi

Interesting article. Doesn't take sides politically.
Decent Reuters article* on 08:46 - Apr 10 with 934 viewsGlasgowBlue

Not fake news. It’s a fair and balanced piece from a reputable news outlet. Although your twitter must be delivered by second class as two other people have started threads a couple of days ago linking this article.

Don’t get upset at being called out when you post fake news. Your Gove thread of last week and your “ MP's trousering an additional £10k” thread if yesterday took very little time to be unraveled as utter nonsense.

My advice would be, if you don’t want to be accused of posting fake news then don’t post fake news.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Decent Reuters article* on 08:55 - Apr 10 with 919 viewsNo9

It seems that Mr Johnson's activities will not have helped

" https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/cheltenham-news/cheltenham-festival-d

What is not know is who were the advisors - scientific / medical or No.10 SPADS?
Decent Reuters article* on 09:01 - Apr 10 with 912 viewsartsbossbeard

Decent Reuters article* on 08:46 - Apr 10 by GlasgowBlue

Not fake news. It’s a fair and balanced piece from a reputable news outlet. Although your twitter must be delivered by second class as two other people have started threads a couple of days ago linking this article.

Don’t get upset at being called out when you post fake news. Your Gove thread of last week and your “ MP's trousering an additional £10k” thread if yesterday took very little time to be unraveled as utter nonsense.

My advice would be, if you don’t want to be accused of posting fake news then don’t post fake news.

Nobody but you wants to play Lego House of Commons on here.

I'm not upset, I'm arfing that you're defending what amounts to a pre authorised, no questions asked 10k spendathon at Curry's, Sofaworld and B&Q whilst the self employed have to wait until June for a state handout and frontline NHS staff are sent to a gunfight with a playdo knife.

Update your spreadsheet to reflect the above and I bid you good day as no doubt I'll end up with a flashing red light , as per.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Decent Reuters article* on 09:14 - Apr 10 with 888 viewsGuthrum

Pretty much what happened, from things I heard at the time.

Edit: Politicians are not experts in epidemiology, they can only go by the advice they are given. Even the experts can only analyse the data which is available and try to fit it in their existing models. In a situation with a novel disease and only real-time data (with that coming initially from a not always reliable source), then everybody is making more or less educated stabs in the dark on how to deal with the problem.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 9:23]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Decent Reuters article* on 09:24 - Apr 10 with 851 viewsGlasgowBlue

Decent Reuters article* on 09:01 - Apr 10 by artsbossbeard

Nobody but you wants to play Lego House of Commons on here.

I'm not upset, I'm arfing that you're defending what amounts to a pre authorised, no questions asked 10k spendathon at Curry's, Sofaworld and B&Q whilst the self employed have to wait until June for a state handout and frontline NHS staff are sent to a gunfight with a playdo knife.

Update your spreadsheet to reflect the above and I bid you good day as no doubt I'll end up with a flashing red light , as per.

Staff who are now working from home need office equipment in their home. MPs casework has gone up sharply, with people wanting much quicker responses. This really “MP’s trousering an extra £10k”

Do you think MP staff need to work from home now?
Do you think they'll need some essential office equipment to do so?
Do you want MPs to respond, and respond quickly, to the rapid increase in constituency casework, in many cases helping vulnerable people?

I think you’re intelligent enough to answer yes to all of those questions.

As Swansea’s link he posted in answer to your op said “ if it had been headlined: ‘£6.5m emergency pot created to help people who need MPs’ help.’ then nobody would have batted an eyelid and hundreds of staff workers wouldn’t be fielding abusive calls and emails today rather than getting in with helping out the most vulnerable in society.

People who post fake and hyperbolic headlines during this crisis should be held accountable for the consequences of their actions.

The NHS workers need more PPE and self employed people need more financial help before June.

None are mutually exclusive.

My advice would be to stop prematurely ejaculating when you think you’ve found a smoking gun.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 9:48]

Iron Lion Zion

Decent Reuters article* on 10:22 - Apr 10 with 796 viewsBrixtonBlue

Decent Reuters article* on 09:24 - Apr 10 by GlasgowBlue

Staff who are now working from home need office equipment in their home. MPs casework has gone up sharply, with people wanting much quicker responses. This really “MP’s trousering an extra £10k”

Do you think MP staff need to work from home now?
Do you think they'll need some essential office equipment to do so?
Do you want MPs to respond, and respond quickly, to the rapid increase in constituency casework, in many cases helping vulnerable people?

I think you’re intelligent enough to answer yes to all of those questions.

As Swansea’s link he posted in answer to your op said “ if it had been headlined: ‘£6.5m emergency pot created to help people who need MPs’ help.’ then nobody would have batted an eyelid and hundreds of staff workers wouldn’t be fielding abusive calls and emails today rather than getting in with helping out the most vulnerable in society.

People who post fake and hyperbolic headlines during this crisis should be held accountable for the consequences of their actions.

The NHS workers need more PPE and self employed people need more financial help before June.

None are mutually exclusive.

My advice would be to stop prematurely ejaculating when you think you’ve found a smoking gun.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 9:48]

What essential office equipment do MP's need (to the tune of £10k) that they don't already have? Genuine question.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Decent Reuters article* on 10:45 - Apr 10 with 776 viewsGlasgowBlue

Decent Reuters article* on 10:22 - Apr 10 by BrixtonBlue

What essential office equipment do MP's need (to the tune of £10k) that they don't already have? Genuine question.

As stated. It’s not for a single MP. It’s to cover extra costs for the four or five staff they have who are now working from home.

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. by GlasgowBlue 10 Apr 2020 7:44
Constituency offices are obviously closed due to social distancing. Most constituency offices will have 4 to 5 workers sharing a couple of computers and a printer.

These people are now working from home. People are losing their jobs, their businesses and their loved ones. The workload of a constituency mp and their has increased considerable because of this.

I follow Jess Phillips in Twitter. She and her staff are working tirelessly to help people out during this crisis. Obviously this money is to be used to enable an MO and their staff to work from home in extraordinary circumstances whilst trying to help those most vulnerable. To put people in touch with the relevant agencies who can help their situation.

The money will be accounted for and not everybody will be claiming it.

Constituency workers are already complaining that they are inundated with emails and phone calls given them dogs abuse because if people like abb pushing fake news all over social media.

MP’snare not pocketing an additional £10k.

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. by GlasgowBlue 10 Apr 2020 8:04
ABB’s post title is “ MP's trousering an additional £10k then“.

One of my 17 year old daughters started an after school job at a school centre just before we went into lockdown. She deals with sensitive information that is covered by the new data protection laws.

She is now working from home taking calls, so her employer sent out a new laptop (due to gape she couldn’t use her own) with with the required software and headset. She was asked if she wanted an office stair which she declined but they were obliged to offer due to h & s.

This cost is covered by her employer. MP’s are employed by Parliament.

So taking Jess Phillps as an example. She will have five case workers dealing with people who are victims of domestic abuse, people who have relatives dying alone, business people closing their businesses, people struggling to cope financially after losing their jobs etc etc. They won’t be allowed to used their own personal computers to hold this information. I don’t understand why some people can’t see this? It looks like a general dislike of politicians is clouding this really thinking.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Decent Reuters article* on 13:17 - Apr 10 with 680 viewsBrixtonBlue

Decent Reuters article* on 10:45 - Apr 10 by GlasgowBlue

As stated. It’s not for a single MP. It’s to cover extra costs for the four or five staff they have who are now working from home.

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. by GlasgowBlue 10 Apr 2020 7:44
Constituency offices are obviously closed due to social distancing. Most constituency offices will have 4 to 5 workers sharing a couple of computers and a printer.

These people are now working from home. People are losing their jobs, their businesses and their loved ones. The workload of a constituency mp and their has increased considerable because of this.

I follow Jess Phillips in Twitter. She and her staff are working tirelessly to help people out during this crisis. Obviously this money is to be used to enable an MO and their staff to work from home in extraordinary circumstances whilst trying to help those most vulnerable. To put people in touch with the relevant agencies who can help their situation.

The money will be accounted for and not everybody will be claiming it.

Constituency workers are already complaining that they are inundated with emails and phone calls given them dogs abuse because if people like abb pushing fake news all over social media.

MP’snare not pocketing an additional £10k.

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. by GlasgowBlue 10 Apr 2020 8:04
ABB’s post title is “ MP's trousering an additional £10k then“.

One of my 17 year old daughters started an after school job at a school centre just before we went into lockdown. She deals with sensitive information that is covered by the new data protection laws.

She is now working from home taking calls, so her employer sent out a new laptop (due to gape she couldn’t use her own) with with the required software and headset. She was asked if she wanted an office stair which she declined but they were obliged to offer due to h & s.

This cost is covered by her employer. MP’s are employed by Parliament.

So taking Jess Phillps as an example. She will have five case workers dealing with people who are victims of domestic abuse, people who have relatives dying alone, business people closing their businesses, people struggling to cope financially after losing their jobs etc etc. They won’t be allowed to used their own personal computers to hold this information. I don’t understand why some people can’t see this? It looks like a general dislike of politicians is clouding this really thinking.

Excellent answer, thanks.

I'm working from home with my own laptop and the kitchen table (or an A3 pad, a pen, and a comfy chair in the hallway with the vacuum cleaner box to put my feet up on). So I did wonder what the £10k was going on. These two posts explain it. I wouldn't have thought of the sensitive information aspect on your own computer.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024