Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Games behind closed doors 06:55 - May 9 with 1053 viewsEly_Blue

A silly question maybe but surely if the L1 & L2 clubs are concerned at costs etc because of playing in stadia costs to use the facility etc then surely why not do the same as many clubs do for U23 games and play them at the training grounds? No need for a game to be played inside an empty stadium when surely the only reason for the stadium in the first place is for fans?

Most training grounds have a way/place in which to record or broadcast the game so it could still easily be done.

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Games behind closed doors on 07:40 - May 9 with 1012 viewsGuthrum

Stadiums have all the recording/broadcast infrastructure in place, rather than having to send camera crews out to locations where the only view is at ground level (unless you start hiring cherry-pickers) and nothing is under cover. Plus all the matchday facilities for players, medical staff, etc. are there.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Games behind closed doors on 10:11 - May 9 with 916 viewsEly_Blue

Games behind closed doors on 07:40 - May 9 by Guthrum

Stadiums have all the recording/broadcast infrastructure in place, rather than having to send camera crews out to locations where the only view is at ground level (unless you start hiring cherry-pickers) and nothing is under cover. Plus all the matchday facilities for players, medical staff, etc. are there.

Given we play u18 & u23 games at the training grounds surely the medical facilities are all there too?
To be honest I’d be happier if all the games were played like that with no tv coverage than to have no proper end to the season

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Games behind closed doors on 10:19 - May 9 with 903 viewsSwansea_Blue

Games behind closed doors on 10:11 - May 9 by Ely_Blue

Given we play u18 & u23 games at the training grounds surely the medical facilities are all there too?
To be honest I’d be happier if all the games were played like that with no tv coverage than to have no proper end to the season

I suspect the only reason they're entertaining playing them is because they need the TV money.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Games behind closed doors on 13:38 - May 9 with 834 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't see why every league, including the Premier League, aren't looking at a selection of lower league grounds. Why play games at big stadiums when there are no crowds? If there are lower league grounds with suitable facilities what is to stop each league choosing 3-4 grounds throughout the country? Small stadiums with reduced costs which need less security etc. Even set up rings of steel around the grounds as a security precaution. Seems daft the Prem talking about the likes of Wembley which will just expose the lack of fans even more.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Games behind closed doors on 17:15 - May 9 with 783 viewsstrikalite

Games behind closed doors on 13:38 - May 9 by J2BLUE

I don't see why every league, including the Premier League, aren't looking at a selection of lower league grounds. Why play games at big stadiums when there are no crowds? If there are lower league grounds with suitable facilities what is to stop each league choosing 3-4 grounds throughout the country? Small stadiums with reduced costs which need less security etc. Even set up rings of steel around the grounds as a security precaution. Seems daft the Prem talking about the likes of Wembley which will just expose the lack of fans even more.

As long as the surfaces are good enough and right now you'd expect they should be, MK Dons would be one imo, there are a fair few more...
Games behind closed doors on 08:05 - May 10 with 654 viewsWeWereZombies

Games behind closed doors on 13:38 - May 9 by J2BLUE

The security aspect is another mitigating circumstance against training grounds, main stadia have the security infrastructure but I expect there would be some supporters who have wandered along and found a way to watch training sessions in the past who would have a go at getting into games held at a training ground.

There again I do get nostalgic for the FA Cup coverage of a potential giant killing where the locals were hanging out of trees or perched on rooftops overlooking the ground because they couldn't get in.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Games behind closed doors on 08:47 - May 10 with 619 viewsLeaky

Games behind closed doors on 17:15 - May 9 by strikalite

As long as the surfaces are good enough and right now you'd expect they should be, MK Dons would be one imo, there are a fair few more...

Plus could add some badly needed finance to lower league teams
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024