Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Care Workers 10:53 - May 10 with 648 viewsBasuco

My neighbour who is in her 80's was struggling to look after herself after illness, so got herself a live in carer to help out, another neighbour was chatting to the carer and asked where she came from, Zimbabwe was the reply. OK, no not originally, where do you live before moving in with the neighbour? The carer replied I arrived from Zimbabwe two days ago, spent a day in London where I joined an agency and the next day was sent to live with your neighbour.
If this level of allowing anyone from around the World with no regard for possible infection into care homes and looking after the most vulnerable has been the norm during the UK lock down, is it any wonder care homes have such a high infection rate!
I suspect this is why my Mothers care home has not employed any agency staff since they locked the home down to visitors in early March.
Care Workers on 10:57 - May 10 with 630 viewssparks

Sounds apocryphal- but if true troubling. That said, you are more likely to catch the virus here one imagines...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Care Workers on 14:27 - May 10 with 516 viewsBasuco

Care Workers on 10:57 - May 10 by sparks

Sounds apocryphal- but if true troubling. That said, you are more likely to catch the virus here one imagines...

As my neighbour was re-admitted to hospital after one day and night of live in care I do not know if the lady was a social services employed carer or a private care provider. The carer called an ambulance that took my neighbour into hospital. I can see no reason why she would lie about her past, but maybe she did.
Care Workers on 15:04 - May 10 with 485 viewsBluearmy71

My niece worked for basically an agency that provides carers and live in carers, 90% of them were sourced from other parts of Europe, I can't recall her mentioning any from further afield, it all boils down to cost and a lack of interest with people from the UK wishing to do the job, it was common practice for them to fly over from lets say Spain and either start work later that day or the next day.

A little story of a clients expectation of what a live in cares duties consist of, a live in career was at this couples home to look after an elderly and infirm husband which is her job description, the wife amongst a few other things that I can not recall had the audacity to insist that the carer wash their dogs!

Like our NHS staff carers should get higher pay for the job they do imo, don't even get me started on what spousal carers get, totally unfair on them!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024