Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? 14:22 - May 13 with 2451 viewsAsh1987

Some people will disagree entirely, but if you cannot finish the season then there has to be other things to consider as it is not a fair and complete competition. There are loads of proposals, points per game, playoffs, end the season in current position, even weighting of your home and away form. The amount of fans turning up has to play a part, you cannot promote a team and end the season now for a team who is 1 point ahead of another club yet they get 15,000 less fans at home. The home support for the club who get thousands more will likely play a big part near the end of the season.

The top 3 average attendances in the league are Portsmouth, Sunderland and Ipswich. For example, look at the league table, Portsmouth average 11,000 more at home than Oxford do, Oxford are directly above them in the league, so for every thousand more fans Portsmouth get they 0.5 points added to their current total if the season cannot be completed. Do this for every club in the league for the team above you. If they have a higher attendance above you then you don't get any points. The team at the top of the league will compare to the team 2nd as no one above them.

There has to be alternative proposals than some of those on the team currently.
Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 21:07 - May 13 with 268 viewsblueprint

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 20:51 - May 13 by Ash1987

I said a very similar level. It could be argued either way.

Clubs such as:

Big 6 then..
Tier 1: Portsmouth, Villa, Leeds, Everton, Newcastle, Sheff Utd.
Tier 2: Forest, Sheff Wed, Ipswich.
Tier 3: Norwich, Southampton, Brighton
Tier 4: Reading, Watford, Palace, Fulham
Tier 5: Orient, Walsall etc

Forest are bigger than Portsmouth.
Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 21:07 - May 13 with 268 viewsgainsboroughblue

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 21:05 - May 13 by DinnernotTea

Have you got a link to back that up? There are so many games of yours I've seen on highlights whereby the away support is small so half the stand is home, never has the home side half been sold out.

You aren't even the biggest club in Hampshire chap.

Indeed. Good old Eastleigh.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 21:11 - May 13 with 258 viewsAsh1987

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 21:05 - May 13 by DinnernotTea

Have you got a link to back that up? There are so many games of yours I've seen on highlights whereby the away support is small so half the stand is home, never has the home side half been sold out.

You aren't even the biggest club in Hampshire chap.

Absolute garbage. Portsmouth is a massive club. We have soldout every away game since April 2018. Over 2 years.

We are bigger than Ipswich and Norwich combined.

Goodnight folks.
Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 21:12 - May 13 with 252 viewsAsh1987

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 21:07 - May 13 by blueprint

Forest are bigger than Portsmouth.

No they're not.

I'm not bothered though. Goodnight.
Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 21:13 - May 13 with 245 viewsSpruceMoose

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 21:12 - May 13 by Ash1987

No they're not.

I'm not bothered though. Goodnight.

You seem bothered. Very bothered. Bothered to the point of insecurity.

Oh well. Sweet dreams petal.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 21:33 - May 13 with 237 viewsPJH

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 21:11 - May 13 by Ash1987

Absolute garbage. Portsmouth is a massive club. We have soldout every away game since April 2018. Over 2 years.

We are bigger than Ipswich and Norwich combined.

Goodnight folks.

Strange that the average away Ipswich following seems to be higher than Portsmouth's then-I suppose Ipswich get more tickets.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024