Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking for advice on learning a trade builder/labourer/flooring etc 21:53 - May 31 with 7544 viewsskyblue23

So when I left school I was released from the Ipswich academy and my world came crashing down after believing I would make it as a footballer, joined Colchester for a year and that didn’t go anywhere either.

I ended up in customer service and selling as a lot of people do who didn’t know what they wanted to do at the time and have struggled to get out of it. In March I was made redundant and it’s given me time to think what I actually want to do with my life.

I’ve always liked the idea of getting into a physical role like the titles mentioned above but I’ve never known how you even start things off?

Do I need to go to college, do an apprenticeship, or can you just go straight in?

I’m used to earning around £24k per year, is that possible once you’ve qualified?

I’m in a position where I can earn less than what I’m used to for a short period to learn a trade, but I have no idea where to start.

Also I see CSCS mentioned a lot?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Looking for advice on learning a trade builder/labourer/flooring etc on 13:43 - Jun 7 with 257 viewsRyorry

Looking for advice on learning a trade builder/labourer/flooring etc on 13:28 - Jun 7 by skyblue23

Just thought I’d let you all know as you’ve helped me out with advice and so on. I emailed around a few building companies and 1 garden landscaping company explaining I have no experience and want to learn etc.

I’ve been given a trial day tomorrow for the landscape gardening company so fingers crossed everything goes well! I didn’t want to close my options when I originally wrote on here but I’ve been saying to my family for years I’d love to get into garden landscaping so this is my big chance!

Thanks everybody!

Great to hear that, fingers crossed for you tomorrow (and don't forget to offer to make the tea - and wash up! )

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024