Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Appaulled by one's own. 13:45 - Jul 4 with 4037 viewshampstead_blue

Am a member of a few veteran type fv groups. Mainly linked to my old units and Corps.

In one group, Ex-Army or something like that, someone posted a video of a black chap gobbing off to a group of white blokes. He got his head bashed about. Nothing particularly edifying for either party in the video.

What hurt me was the comments. I'm not going to repeat as I don't want to be any way linked but......
I did report it and left the group.

It's sad and shameful that a bunch of Phil Mitchell lookeelikeees, and that was pretty much the demographic, are out there and spouting off in the name of 'veterans'.

Happy to share good and bad and this is utterly shameful.

Context before someone disappears into the kuiper belt........These are only my 'own' in that they are veterans. Nowt else links me to those utter morons. Let's just make that clear. Sorry Herbivore to ruin that one for you.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 13:47]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Appaulled by one's own. on 08:25 - Jul 6 with 333 viewshampstead_blue

Appaulled by one's own. on 00:18 - Jul 5 by jeera

Good to hear you took the right side of this.

I do still wonder when, if ever, someone associates themselves less with the forces once they have left. I mean with time.

I may be mistaken but I thought you said you work a straight job and left some 20 odd years ago.

I guess some people will always identify if they had served a number of years.

Bit like most ex-service of anything really.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 1:59]

If you go to the annual Army v Navy rugby game you get to see a really interesting set of social groups and interactions.

I remember reading a book before I joined, 1991, called 'squaddies, portrait of a subculture'. Someone's thesis I think.
The main point I remember is the lasting nature of the culture.

I did leave a while back, medical discharge and was treated incredibly badly by my last unit. Left a taste which took a long time to go away.
It's the type of environment which can mould you and define you. Some can't leave even when they have left. The rugby game is a great example.

Each Corps/Regiment has a tent or series of bars at Twickenham. The largest is the Royal Engineers. Proper blue collar, hard environment (from my limited experience of working with them), and they all seem to look the same at 50! It's a bond and over the past 20 years there has been so much combat these people have been pushed closer together.

I like keeping in touch with a small few, no more, and enjoy the rugby once in a while.

It's a lot better now.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Appaulled by one's own. on 08:56 - Jul 6 with 298 viewsLibero

Appaulled by one's own. on 08:25 - Jul 6 by hampstead_blue

If you go to the annual Army v Navy rugby game you get to see a really interesting set of social groups and interactions.

I remember reading a book before I joined, 1991, called 'squaddies, portrait of a subculture'. Someone's thesis I think.
The main point I remember is the lasting nature of the culture.

I did leave a while back, medical discharge and was treated incredibly badly by my last unit. Left a taste which took a long time to go away.
It's the type of environment which can mould you and define you. Some can't leave even when they have left. The rugby game is a great example.

Each Corps/Regiment has a tent or series of bars at Twickenham. The largest is the Royal Engineers. Proper blue collar, hard environment (from my limited experience of working with them), and they all seem to look the same at 50! It's a bond and over the past 20 years there has been so much combat these people have been pushed closer together.

I like keeping in touch with a small few, no more, and enjoy the rugby once in a while.

It's a lot better now.

Ah, yep, confirmation that you’re going to try and just Ignore the fact that you made a disgusting derogatory comment about the disabled and weren’t big enough to humbly accept that you’d dropped a b0llock.

Noted.

Bonus points for the tasty irony of proving yourself no better than the ignorant individuals you’re quite rightly criticising in your original post on this thread.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024