Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Folami 12:37 - Jul 4 with 4215 viewsclive_baker

How likely is he to stake a claim next season do we think? With the purse strings no doubt being tightened for obvious reasons, I was giving some thought to our forward options on my morning bike ride today. Absolutely key that we get Norwood fit, he looked off the pace for a lot of last season, but I still think he and Jackson could strike up a decent partnership. With Keane gone, not a decision I disagree with FWIW, that only really leaves Freddie as another senior striker, and he's as likely to be deployed wider. He's also had injuries of his own so it'll be interesting to see if he can find anything close to his pre injury form.

Potentially leaves a decent amount of football for Simpson, Folami, Morris. Tyreece has the physical advantage in that he really is what we lacked at times last season, but I wondered which of these is most likely to stake a claim do we think? Morris and Folami are 21 now, they're young but they're not kids. It feels like a great opportunity for them.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Ben Folami on 12:51 - Jul 4 with 3254 viewsMullet

I am worried that Norwood is not a top end striker for this level. I like him, but he's got a big question mark over his head for me. I'd also consider selling Jackson if we can, as he seems unsuited to being a lone striker, isn't a winger and muddles Lamberts' thinking.

That leaves big holes for Folami, Morris and Simpson to all find games up top and out wide respectively in a 3. You'd think that Simpson is the natural understudy/super sub to Norwood and the other two will have a big duel to get game time and goals especially via the cups.

Could all work to Lambert's advantage this necessary promotion of youth.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Ben Folami on 12:58 - Jul 4 with 3223 viewsbournemouthblue

Ben Folami on 12:51 - Jul 4 by Mullet

I am worried that Norwood is not a top end striker for this level. I like him, but he's got a big question mark over his head for me. I'd also consider selling Jackson if we can, as he seems unsuited to being a lone striker, isn't a winger and muddles Lamberts' thinking.

That leaves big holes for Folami, Morris and Simpson to all find games up top and out wide respectively in a 3. You'd think that Simpson is the natural understudy/super sub to Norwood and the other two will have a big duel to get game time and goals especially via the cups.

It's a very good opportunity for them with money likely to be tight

The same will apply for Lankester and Dobra who really have a chance to stake a claim with Rowe leaving

Then you can throw into the mix El Miz, Dozzell, McGavin etc
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 16:00]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Ben Folami on 13:09 - Jul 4 with 3185 viewscatch74

Just get Murphy back for a farewell season, think he’s on his way to Waterford as things stand.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Ben Folami on 13:12 - Jul 4 with 3169 viewsPhilTWTD

Ben Folami on 13:09 - Jul 4 by catch74

Just get Murphy back for a farewell season, think he’s on his way to Waterford as things stand.

Funny you should say that but we had the chance to sign him last summer but PL opted against it.
Ben Folami on 13:14 - Jul 4 with 3153 viewscatch74

Ben Folami on 13:12 - Jul 4 by PhilTWTD

Funny you should say that but we had the chance to sign him last summer but PL opted against it.

Hindsight and all that but he’d have been a better option than Keane.

Ben Folami on 13:20 - Jul 4 with 3145 viewsPhilTWTD

Ben Folami on 13:14 - Jul 4 by catch74

Hindsight and all that but he’d have been a better option than Keane.

I'd have snapped him up. Like Tommy Smith, I'm not sure PL wanted what might be perceived as another Town manager's player here.
Ben Folami on 13:24 - Jul 4 with 3119 viewscatch74

Ben Folami on 13:20 - Jul 4 by PhilTWTD

I'd have snapped him up. Like Tommy Smith, I'm not sure PL wanted what might be perceived as another Town manager's player here.

24 games and 8 goals for Bolton - did he join later on in the season?

Ben Folami on 13:24 - Jul 4 with 3129 viewsPhilTWTD

Heard some very positive things re Morris's form in training in the spell after he recovered from his injury and the season being brought to an early close. Could be one to watch when it all starts again.

Re other youngsters, someone else in the know said they expect Tommy Hughes to make a big impression next season.
Login to get fewer ads

Ben Folami on 13:26 - Jul 4 with 3109 viewsPhilTWTD

Ben Folami on 13:24 - Jul 4 by catch74

24 games and 8 goals for Bolton - did he join later on in the season?

September: https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=41274
Ben Folami on 13:48 - Jul 4 with 3047 viewsParisBlue

Ben Folami on 13:24 - Jul 4 by PhilTWTD

Heard some very positive things re Morris's form in training in the spell after he recovered from his injury and the season being brought to an early close. Could be one to watch when it all starts again.

Re other youngsters, someone else in the know said they expect Tommy Hughes to make a big impression next season.

Good to hear I really hope Morris is given a chance. Strikes me as someone who could grab an opportunity if it's given and has a decent pedigree. Was a kid when first played but has a decent pedigree and league 1 could be a good level for him to learn.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Ben Folami on 14:10 - Jul 4 with 2992 viewsBasuco

I think Brett McGavin could push into the first team next season as well, I hope so anyway he looks a good prospect if he can continue his progression.
Ben Folami on 14:47 - Jul 4 with 2924 viewsMullet

He was on the cusp of the first team in the Championship under Mick wasn't he in fairness, so it's good that he is making strides after a big injury.

I like the idea that we could employ Dobra, Sears, Lankester, Morris out wide in any combination. If Lambert can go back to his better 4-3-3 and allow the flexibility to be coming from the players instead it will come together nicely.

Hopefully there's an Ambrose/Bent somewhere in this squad coming through this time.

Ben Folami on 14:51 - Jul 4 with 2912 viewstractorboy1978

I think El Mizouni will be the big breakthrough this season. Very impressed with the glimpses we saw last season and was apparently very good at Cambridge. He makes things happen.
Ben Folami on 14:55 - Jul 4 with 2881 viewsSpruceMoose

Ben Folami on 13:20 - Jul 4 by PhilTWTD

Good to know we have an overly sensitive emotionally stunted fanny in charge.

Edit - Lambert, not Phil!
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 16:50]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ben Folami on 15:11 - Jul 4 with 2840 viewsIpswichKnight

Is it true we had Tyler Walker lined up? If so would we go back for him?
Ben Folami on 15:34 - Jul 4 with 2792 viewsmonty_radio

While you might be right that having the possibility of Jackson muddles Lambert's thinking, why sell a player who contributed to 18 goals in a poor team? The better managers find a way to deploy their available resources when spending big is not an option for a club.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Ben Folami on 15:37 - Jul 4 with 2791 viewsPhilTWTD

Ben Folami on 15:11 - Jul 4 by IpswichKnight

Is it true we had Tyler Walker lined up? If so would we go back for him?

Heard whispers we were interested in him but I think Forest recalled him from Lincoln to add their their options up front.
Ben Folami on 15:47 - Jul 4 with 2758 viewsMullet

Ben Folami on 15:34 - Jul 4 by monty_radio

While you might be right that having the possibility of Jackson muddles Lambert's thinking, why sell a player who contributed to 18 goals in a poor team? The better managers find a way to deploy their available resources when spending big is not an option for a club.

Lambert isn't one of the better managers unfortunately.

It's only one solution to the issue as the squad is still woefully unbalanced across the back four and that needs serious attention.

Ben Folami on 16:22 - Jul 4 with 2705 viewsJDB23

If we rely on our youth team next season we're in big trouble. This is a shthouse league and we got shthoused on many occasions last season, imagine what we'll look like with even less experience and Paul Lambert's 'coaching'.

While some of our prospects look promising, we need a lot more of a physical presence in the team. I can just see us ending up with a team including Nydam, Dozzell, Dobra, Lankester, El Miz etc and end up getting bullied. I hope we only use 2/3 of those at a time and get a bit more steel around them. Sorry, I know this thread was only really talking about the striking options!
Ben Folami on 19:12 - Jul 4 with 2543 viewsbournemouthblue

Ben Folami on 16:22 - Jul 4 by JDB23

If we rely on our youth team next season we're in big trouble. This is a shthouse league and we got shthoused on many occasions last season, imagine what we'll look like with even less experience and Paul Lambert's 'coaching'.

While some of our prospects look promising, we need a lot more of a physical presence in the team. I can just see us ending up with a team including Nydam, Dozzell, Dobra, Lankester, El Miz etc and end up getting bullied. I hope we only use 2/3 of those at a time and get a bit more steel around them. Sorry, I know this thread was only really talking about the striking options!

I'd certainly like to see a physical spine added to this side

It's exactly what Rotherham had and We certainly didn't

There must be some freebies out there who can add some size and physicality to us

There's even a few ex-Town players knocking about like Smith and Trotter. If we were really desperate, you could even redraft Nouble and Hyam (which I'm sure would be too much for most of our fans to handle).

Ben Folami on 19:41 - Jul 4 with 2477 viewsLibero

Ben Folami on 13:12 - Jul 4 by PhilTWTD

FFS, Lambert really is a clown.
Ben Folami on 20:15 - Jul 4 with 2425 viewsBlueBadger

Ben Folami on 19:41 - Jul 4 by Libero

FFS, Lambert really is a clown.

You say that, be he's no Will Keane.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ben Folami on 20:57 - Jul 4 with 2369 viewsistanblue

Simpson needs to go out on loan as, although he looked promising, he also looked well off the pace of a League 1 standard player whenever he came on. A solid season in the National League to get him used to the demands of weekly football and to enable him to develop the use of his physical presence would be ideal.
Morris, Folami and Drinan (who you forgot to mention) are past the point of development loans in my opinion. Drinan's uninspiring loan spells at GAIS and Ayr United last season don't exactly suggest a player banging down the door for a place in the squad here. He's clearly not up to it and we should get rid.
Folami seems a bit of a meh player imo. Whenever I've seen him play he's looked average at best and doesn't really fit in to the type of striker we need.
Morris is a player I'm excited about however, and was hoping this season would be a real breakthrough for him, but alas he had sustained a horrible injury. I saw him come on against Blackburn during Paul Hurst's first game in charge and he looked a real threat. After that he was sent out on loan to Forest Green Rovers and was a bit part player there, before rupturing his ACL.
Whether any of these players are actually good enough and make it here I don't know, but out of all of them I think Ben Morris is most likely.
Ben Folami on 22:14 - Jul 4 with 2279 viewstractorboy1978

Ben Folami on 16:22 - Jul 4 by JDB23

We lost games because we had no creativity or real pattern of play. We didn't get sh!thoused or bullied, we just weren't good enough and often got out played. The experienced pros like Nolan, Huws and Judge offered virtually nothing all season.

We need to play with more intensity and energy and that's what the kids bring. You obviously need to balance that with some nous and physicality but Downes (if he's here) and Norwood provide that.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 22:16]
Ben Folami on 23:09 - Jul 4 with 2220 viewsbournemouthblue

Ben Folami on 22:14 - Jul 4 by tractorboy1978

We lost games because we had no creativity or real pattern of play. We didn't get sh!thoused or bullied, we just weren't good enough and often got out played. The experienced pros like Nolan, Huws and Judge offered virtually nothing all season.

We need to play with more intensity and energy and that's what the kids bring. You obviously need to balance that with some nous and physicality but Downes (if he's here) and Norwood provide that.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 22:16]

I still think we need a bit more, we have no plan b against the more physical organised sides

How many goals did we score from free kicks or corners?

Yes Garbutt banged a few in but with his delivery, we should have been scoring a lot more headers than we did

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024