Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else got shares in Tesla? 15:54 - Jul 13 with 9891 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 22:25 - Jul 16 with 2182 viewsmidastouch

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 22:19 - Jul 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

My point was more general rather than specific to this thread...I wasn't even aware of anybody suggesting buying Tesla tbh. I think we may have discussed Max Keiser and silver....as I do not understand Bitcoin I have no opinion on it....how easy is it to convert into standard currency if you want to cash out?
Why do people defend these 100 and 200 day moving averages or is it all down to algorithms...all flies over my head tbf.

It's easy enough to cash out BTC but there are definite dangers with BTC too (it's like the wild west!).  There are even BTC ATMs in certain parts of the country although they charge quite high commission as I understand it.  Another popular way is to convert BTC into vouchers (such as Tesco, Amazon or Argos) using a voucher exchange site.  There is even one located in Norwich I believe.  
Here's a link which gives a little insight into moving averages:
https://www.dailyfx.com/forex/education/trading_tips/daily_trading_lesson/2019/0
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 13:40]

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 10:44 - Jul 17 with 2128 viewsBryanPlug

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 18:04 - Jul 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

When people on a football forum are saying to buy a stock then it is probably time to sell would be my mantra if I had any shares.

[content removed at owner's request]

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 15:38 - Jul 21 with 2098 viewsBryanPlug

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 16:05 - Jul 21 with 2073 viewsmidastouch

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 15:38 - Jul 21 by BryanPlug

Good luck with your buying and selling. Whatever happens going forwards, you really shouldn't beat yourself up after taking 84% profit. 84% profit in the hand is better than triple digits in the bush! Nobody has a crystal ball which allows them to pick the perfect high and low entry and exit points.

Here is a chart of Tesla. The reason it's gone down a bit today is because it's hitting resistance at the black line I've drawn (previous closing price high).

If the price could break and close above there and then hold that level, things could get very interesting. The only thing that worries me about the chart (from a technical stance) is how far above the moving averages the price currently is. At some point those will close up and be tested. But hey, you don't need to worry about that now, you've got your money in the bank. Better to exit with some big gains rather than risking getting too greedy and not taking profits before the music stops! Trying to exit the market 2 minutes before midnight is way too risky in my opinion, better to get out well before everybody starts scrambling for the exits without the risk of getting crushed.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 16:10]

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 16:25 - Jul 21 with 2055 viewsmidastouch

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 16:05 - Jul 21 by midastouch

Good luck with your buying and selling. Whatever happens going forwards, you really shouldn't beat yourself up after taking 84% profit. 84% profit in the hand is better than triple digits in the bush! Nobody has a crystal ball which allows them to pick the perfect high and low entry and exit points.

Here is a chart of Tesla. The reason it's gone down a bit today is because it's hitting resistance at the black line I've drawn (previous closing price high).

If the price could break and close above there and then hold that level, things could get very interesting. The only thing that worries me about the chart (from a technical stance) is how far above the moving averages the price currently is. At some point those will close up and be tested. But hey, you don't need to worry about that now, you've got your money in the bank. Better to exit with some big gains rather than risking getting too greedy and not taking profits before the music stops! Trying to exit the market 2 minutes before midnight is way too risky in my opinion, better to get out well before everybody starts scrambling for the exits without the risk of getting crushed.

Silver is having a good day.  It's trying to break out and hold above a level it's not been above since 2016.  See here:

When silver (a safe haven hedge type investment just like gold) is making a move like that, it suggests to me the worldwide economy is in danger of going in the opposite direction! 

The Dow to Gold ratio is always worth keeping an eye on in that regard.  See here: https://www.macrotrends.net/1378/dow-to-gold-ratio-100-year-historical-chart.ÂÂ

When the ratio is too high in favour of stocks it's time to sell your stocks and load up on gold (so anything approaching 30 is serious bubble territory for stocks). And when things travel in the opposite direction (so say when the Dow to Gold ratio is around 2.5 or 3) then it's time to sell your gold and buy stocks instead.  Just keep on riding those wealth cycles in the opposite direction to the herd (i.e. when one is dangerously overbought and the other is dangerously oversold) as that's a long-term way of making big gains (all by being a contrarian).
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 16:42]

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 16:33 - Jul 21 with 2043 viewsBryanPlug

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 16:05 - Jul 21 by midastouch

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 16:52 - Jul 21 with 2009 viewsBryanPlug

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 16:25 - Jul 21 by midastouch

Silver is having a good day.  It's trying to break out and hold above a level it's not been above since 2016.  See here:

When silver (a safe haven hedge type investment just like gold) is making a move like that, it suggests to me the worldwide economy is in danger of going in the opposite direction! 

The Dow to Gold ratio is always worth keeping an eye on in that regard.  See here: https://www.macrotrends.net/1378/dow-to-gold-ratio-100-year-historical-chart.ÂÂ

When the ratio is too high in favour of stocks it's time to sell your stocks and load up on gold (so anything approaching 30 is serious bubble territory for stocks). And when things travel in the opposite direction (so say when the Dow to Gold ratio is around 2.5 or 3) then it's time to sell your gold and buy stocks instead.  Just keep on riding those wealth cycles in the opposite direction to the herd (i.e. when one is dangerously overbought and the other is dangerously oversold) as that's a long-term way of making big gains (all by being a contrarian).

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 17:03 - Jul 21 with 2002 viewsmidastouch

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 16:52 - Jul 21 by BryanPlug

The old investing advice used to be something like keep 10% of your portfolio in gold (as a safe haven hedge).  Personally I'd prefer at least 20%.  There are obvious advantages and disadvantages to having physical gold or silver say compared to buying gold or silver mining shares or investing in a gold or silver ETF.  It's definitely worth doing some research on this subject.  I would certainly consider putting at least 10% of your portfolio in precious metals although I'm not sure if I'd prefer physical or non-physical.  I think if I had to pick I'd probably opt for physical but it's a tough call.  It's certainly worth doing some research on the pros and cons of each option. 

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 17:08 - Jul 21 with 1990 viewsBryanPlug

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 17:03 - Jul 21 by midastouch

The old investing advice used to be something like keep 10% of your portfolio in gold (as a safe haven hedge).  Personally I'd prefer at least 20%.  There are obvious advantages and disadvantages to having physical gold or silver say compared to buying gold or silver mining shares or investing in a gold or silver ETF.  It's definitely worth doing some research on this subject.  I would certainly consider putting at least 10% of your portfolio in precious metals although I'm not sure if I'd prefer physical or non-physical.  I think if I had to pick I'd probably opt for physical but it's a tough call.  It's certainly worth doing some research on the pros and cons of each option. 

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 17:14 - Jul 21 with 1983 viewsmidastouch

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 17:03 - Jul 21 by midastouch

If you did ever decide to buy any physical gold or silver precious metals, please be sure to research what the current spot price is, in order to ensure you don't pay over the odds per troy ounce or kilo.  If you do ever decide to get any, drop me a PM and I'll do what I can to help.  There are other things to consider such as VAT and capital gains etc.  This is an even bigger issue with silver than it is gold as I think certain silver coins are capital gains exempt.

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 17:14 - Jul 21 with 1982 viewsmidastouch

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 17:08 - Jul 21 by BryanPlug

You should take up darts then mate! :-)

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 18:03 - Jul 22 with 1900 viewsmidastouch

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 16:25 - Jul 21 by midastouch

This is the gold / silver ratio:

The gold / silver ratio is simply the amount of silver it takes to purchase one ounce of gold.

Just did a quick Google search and it said the following:
"The average gold/silver price ratio during the 20th century, however, was 47:1. Over the past 20 years, the ratio has averaged right around 60:1. Thus, the current ratio of 85 is very high historically and nearly 60% above the 20-year average."

I drew a horizontal line at the 120 ratio level as I knew that was an absolutely insane (i.e. extreme) ratio in favour of silver over gold. Since then silver has been on the rise. Gold has actually also been going up, but recently silver has been going up even quicker and thus making up some of the lost ground on gold. Market ratios are a great way of identifying potential wealth transfer opportunities (providing you study the historical averages and work from those). When you spot a ratio that is well beyond the norm of the historical average (say 2 or 2.5, or even 3 times higher) then you know you have a potential setup that is well out of historical alignment and worth paying attention to. When you have one that is well above the historical average you know it might be time to exit your position (and load up on the other side of the fence) and ride the wealth cycle in the opposite direction. This isn't a get-rich quick scheme, rather it's a long-term method of wealth accumulation that takes plenty of patience. But it is well worth learning for anybody that is looking to build their own pension pot over a period of time (especially if they haven't got their own private pension or don't trust others to manage their pension for them).

It says online: "Historical gold / silver ratio charts allow you to determine which of the metals may be a stronger investment by comparing the current ratio with its historical position. When the ratio widens or narrows to levels that are considered extreme, trading opportunities are created. If the gold/silver ratio widens to 100 then a consumer who owns one ounce of gold could sell it and buy 100 ounces of silver. When the ratio widens silver becomes more favourable because, relative to the ratio, silver is somewhat inexpensive."

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 15:56 - Aug 18 with 1761 viewsBryanPlug

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 15:57 - Aug 18 with 1757 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 15:56 - Aug 18 by BryanPlug

Great effort mate.
Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 22:08 - Aug 20 with 1677 viewsBryanPlug

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 22:37 - Aug 20 with 1641 viewsflimflam

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 15:56 - Aug 18 by BryanPlug

Im up over 300% with SYME. Dropped last couple of days as was was 450%.

Madness.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 22:37 - Aug 20 with 1640 viewsTIB

Top stuff Plug. I'm fairly new to trading and am mostly invested in IAG and an Australian exploration company. I've been toying with putting some of my SIPP into Tesla just to leave longterm but unsure whether to get in before or after the split next Friday.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 22:41 - Aug 20 with 1636 viewsflimflam

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 22:37 - Aug 20 by TIB

Top stuff Plug. I'm fairly new to trading and am mostly invested in IAG and an Australian exploration company. I've been toying with putting some of my SIPP into Tesla just to leave longterm but unsure whether to get in before or after the split next Friday.

Silver is the place to head right now. UFO doing me well last few weeks.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 15:24 - Aug 21 with 1520 viewsBryanPlug

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 22:37 - Aug 20 by flimflam

Im up over 300% with SYME. Dropped last couple of days as was was 450%.

Madness.

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 15:29 - Aug 21 with 1519 viewsBryanPlug

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 22:37 - Aug 20 by TIB

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 15:47 - Aug 21 with 1502 viewshype313

Could you explain in laymans terms to a thicko on this the term Bear and Bull in markets? Im reading that the bull market is high, which apparently, historically would be good for Trumps chances (unfortunate) as whenever it hits a certain level 3 months out from an election, then it gives a strong indication on the next president.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 15:50 - Aug 21 with 1500 viewsmidastouch

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 22:08 - Aug 20 by BryanPlug

Currently worth more than an ounce of gold.

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 15:59 - Aug 21 with 1486 viewsmidastouch

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 15:47 - Aug 21 by hype313

Could you explain in laymans terms to a thicko on this the term Bear and Bull in markets? Im reading that the bull market is high, which apparently, historically would be good for Trumps chances (unfortunate) as whenever it hits a certain level 3 months out from an election, then it gives a strong indication on the next president.

https://www.investopedia.com/insights/digging-deeper-bull-and-bear-markets/

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 16:00 - Aug 21 with 1482 viewshype313

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 15:59 - Aug 21 by midastouch

https://www.investopedia.com/insights/digging-deeper-bull-and-bear-markets/

That's great cheers!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 16:01 - Aug 21 with 1482 viewsBryanPlug

Anyone else got shares in Tesla? on 15:50 - Aug 21 by midastouch

Currently worth more than an ounce of gold.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024