Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CHOICES 19:23 - Aug 19 with 1541 viewscressi

NORWOOD, RHODES OR ONE OTHER

if you was giving a choice
CHOICES on 19:30 - Aug 19 with 1523 viewsxrayspecs

Rhodes is not an option as we can only offer him a nominal wage under the new rules. He will have better options in the Champ.
CHOICES on 20:10 - Aug 19 with 1432 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

CHOICES on 19:30 - Aug 19 by xrayspecs

Rhodes is not an option as we can only offer him a nominal wage under the new rules. He will have better options in the Champ.

It's an unlikely transfer, but a loan deal would work around the wage issue.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

CHOICES on 20:33 - Aug 19 with 1390 viewsBLUEBEAT

Would like to give Norwood one fully fit season to see if he’s worthy. Goal tally was OK last season considering how many games he missed (and sitters he missed).

But will he be fit in time for our first league game...?

Poll: W or W

CHOICES on 20:38 - Aug 19 with 1375 viewsxrayspecs

CHOICES on 20:10 - Aug 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's an unlikely transfer, but a loan deal would work around the wage issue.

Can you honestly see SW paying £39k per week and us £1k? No.

There will be someone in the Champ who will pay a bigger percentage.
CHOICES on 20:41 - Aug 19 with 1365 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

CHOICES on 20:38 - Aug 19 by xrayspecs

No, I can't see that happening and I didn't say it would.

Hypothetical example;

The cost to SW of Rhodes wages is £2m per year.

We pay a £1m loan fee (for arguments sake).

It halves SW's liability for the next year, and has zero impact on or salary cap limitations.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 20:41]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

CHOICES on 20:44 - Aug 19 with 1352 viewsHorsham

CHOICES on 20:38 - Aug 19 by xrayspecs

We would pay them a big loan fee say £1m accounting for 50 % of the cost of his wages and they would continue to pay his contract. Doubt we’d be in a position to do that but that is the potential work around.
CHOICES on 20:45 - Aug 19 with 1341 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

CHOICES on 20:44 - Aug 19 by Horsham

We would pay them a big loan fee say £1m accounting for 50 % of the cost of his wages and they would continue to pay his contract. Doubt we’d be in a position to do that but that is the potential work around.

This.

CHOICES on 20:45 - Aug 19 with 1340 viewsHorsham

CHOICES on 20:41 - Aug 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Hypothetical example;

It halves SW's liability for the next year, and has zero impact on or salary cap limitations.

And this!
Login to get fewer ads

CHOICES on 20:46 - Aug 19 with 1331 viewsxrayspecs

CHOICES on 20:41 - Aug 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Hypothetical example;

The loan fee would be part of our £2.5m limit.
CHOICES on 20:47 - Aug 19 with 1326 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

CHOICES on 20:46 - Aug 19 by xrayspecs

The loan fee would be part of our £2.5m limit.

Nope, it wouldn't be.

Loan fee's do not form part of the salary cap.

CHOICES on 20:48 - Aug 19 with 1322 viewsHorsham

CHOICES on 20:45 - Aug 19 by Horsham

And this!

Although in theory if a wage cap comes into force in the championship then I suspect this kind of deal will get harder to do as clubs like Sheffield W will also want to shed wages off their books to keep under whatever limit they go for.
CHOICES on 20:51 - Aug 19 with 1309 viewsxrayspecs

CHOICES on 20:47 - Aug 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Nope, it wouldn't be.

Loan fee's do not form part of the salary cap.

I would be amazed if that was allowed under the new rules given it is not just wages but various sundry expenses (image rights, agents fees) that are also in scope.
CHOICES on 20:52 - Aug 19 with 1300 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

CHOICES on 20:51 - Aug 19 by xrayspecs

I would be amazed if that was allowed under the new rules given it is not just wages but various sundry expenses (image rights, agents fees) that are also in scope.

Prepare to be amazed my friend.

CHOICES on 20:53 - Aug 19 with 1291 viewsxrayspecs

CHOICES on 20:52 - Aug 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Prepare to be amazed my friend.

Can you prove this is true rather than wishful thinking? Over to you my friend.
CHOICES on 20:54 - Aug 19 with 1286 viewsHorsham

CHOICES on 20:51 - Aug 19 by xrayspecs

Don’t think there’s be been a definitive answer to this but looks much more likely to be allowed than not allowed. After all parent clubs regularly pay a contribution to wages and loaning clubs regularly pay loan fees.
CHOICES on 20:57 - Aug 19 with 1277 viewsxrayspecs

CHOICES on 20:54 - Aug 19 by Horsham

Don’t think there’s be been a definitive answer to this but looks much more likely to be allowed than not allowed. After all parent clubs regularly pay a contribution to wages and loaning clubs regularly pay loan fees.

"The EFL salary cap comes into effect immediately and covers wages, image rights, bonuses, taxes and agents’ fees.

It means League One clubs cannot pay over £2.5m on player expenses in a season, while League Two clubs are capped at £1m."

Loan fees would be a player expense in my opinion. Happy to be proven wrong but it will take something definitive for me to change my view.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/salary-cap-league-one-efl-sunderland-ipswich-
CHOICES on 21:01 - Aug 19 with 1260 viewsWestcountryblue

Jonson Clarke Harris would be a fantastic signing. Quick, aggressive, powerful and a great finisher. 26 with scope to improve.

I think selling Jackson for north of 1m would be a good deal, as would offloading Nolan if it enables us to bring in a striker more suited to playing the lone role up top and a winger.
CHOICES on 21:04 - Aug 19 with 1251 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

CHOICES on 20:57 - Aug 19 by xrayspecs

"The EFL salary cap comes into effect immediately and covers wages, image rights, bonuses, taxes and agents’ fees.

It means League One clubs cannot pay over £2.5m on player expenses in a season, while League Two clubs are capped at £1m."

Loan fees would be a player expense in my opinion. Happy to be proven wrong but it will take something definitive for me to change my view.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/salary-cap-league-one-efl-sunderland-ipswich-

They are transfer fees in my opinion.

In theory they benefit the parent club, not the player.

Phil's view was as per mine, that's sensitive enough for me.

More than happy to agree to differ, I don't mind you being wrong .

CHOICES on 21:04 - Aug 19 with 1250 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

CHOICES on 20:53 - Aug 19 by xrayspecs

Can you prove this is true rather than wishful thinking? Over to you my friend.

I don't need to.

CHOICES on 21:06 - Aug 19 with 1238 viewsHorsham

CHOICES on 20:57 - Aug 19 by xrayspecs

It’s been widely reported transfer fees don’t count, so don’t see a difference between that and a loan fee. After all it’s an arrangement between the clubs which has nothing to do with payments to the player (other than it obviously does in this scenario). I think the bigger problem for the Rhodes deal isn’t the regulations, it is we almost certainly don’t have a budget to do the deal.
CHOICES on 21:16 - Aug 19 with 1209 viewsxrayspecs

CHOICES on 21:04 - Aug 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

They are transfer fees in my opinion.

In theory they benefit the parent club, not the player.

Phil's view was as per mine, that's sensitive enough for me.

More than happy to agree to differ, I don't mind you being wrong .

Very generous of you sir.

As I said earlier, I am not convinced but equally open to be proven wrong.
CHOICES on 08:29 - Aug 20 with 908 viewsSamWhiteUK

CHOICES on 21:16 - Aug 19 by xrayspecs

Very generous of you sir.

As I said earlier, I am not convinced but equally open to be proven wrong.

Erm, MM said he doesn't mind you being wrong
[Post edited 20 Aug 2020 8:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024