Quantcast
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All round fire extinguisher 12:25 - Sep 9 with 382 viewsjeera

for the home.

Any quick answers anyone?

I don't have space for 4 or 5 for specific types of fire, not that I'm planning on having one anytime soon anyway, but think it's not a bad idea to have one knocking about.

I just want a simple kit of an extinguisher and blanket in case.

Well it looks like a duck, it sounds like a duck. Nope, dunno what it is.
Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

All round fire extinguisher on 12:41 - Sep 9 with 337 viewsNewcyBlue

I have a fire blanket in my galley at home and a dry powder (ABC) extinguisher in the hallway. These can also be used on electrical equipment. They do make a lot of mess, and are a diuretic. But considering there is a very small chance I will need to use it, I will take my chances.

I have some snap lights dotted around the house too in case we lose power. They make good low level lighting.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

All round fire extinguisher on 12:46 - Sep 9 with 326 viewsNewcyBlue

All round fire extinguisher on 12:41 - Sep 9 by NewcyBlue

I have a fire blanket in my galley at home and a dry powder (ABC) extinguisher in the hallway. These can also be used on electrical equipment. They do make a lot of mess, and are a diuretic. But considering there is a very small chance I will need to use it, I will take my chances.

I have some snap lights dotted around the house too in case we lose power. They make good low level lighting.

Also with a dry powder extinguisher you do need to turn it upside down a few times every month. Otherwise the powder settles and it becomes useless.

As anything it’s good to have a little monthly routine. Extinguisher, alarms and detectors, etc.

All round fire extinguisher on 12:47 - Sep 9 with 323 viewsjeera

All round fire extinguisher on 12:41 - Sep 9 by NewcyBlue

A diuretic?

I wasn't planning on getting intimate with it!

Ok mate, ta.

I live in a flat and feel it's rather irresponsible towards my immediate neighbours that i'm not currently kitted out.

I didn't like the last tenant who lived above me so wasn't too concerned if I took her with me but some nicer people have moved now in so I should make an effort not to kill them if anything happens.

All round fire extinguisher on 13:07 - Sep 9 with 292 viewsNewcyBlue

All round fire extinguisher on 12:47 - Sep 9 by jeera

A diuretic?

I wasn't planning on getting intimate with it!

Ok mate, ta.

I live in a flat and feel it's rather irresponsible towards my immediate neighbours that i'm not currently kitted out.

I didn't like the last tenant who lived above me so wasn't too concerned if I took her with me but some nicer people have moved now in so I should make an effort not to kill them if anything happens.

Don’t get anything more than 5kg ABC dry powder extinguisher.

They have service dates on them. The metal body also needs to be pressure tested at certain intervals (10 years followed by every 5 thereafter). I normally donate mine to the local fire brigade and buy a new one.

They can use them for training purposes etc

All round fire extinguisher on 13:24 - Sep 9 with 276 viewshoppy

Why do you want a round one? Would a standard cylinder one not be a better option?

Poll: Leftover pizza... Do you...
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

All round fire extinguisher on 20:35 - Sep 9 with 192 viewsjeera

All round fire extinguisher on 13:24 - Sep 9 by hoppy

Why do you want a round one? Would a standard cylinder one not be a better option?

I wonder which is best for killing flies.

All round fire extinguisher on 21:10 - Sep 9 with 182 viewshoppy

All round fire extinguisher on 20:35 - Sep 9 by jeera

I wonder which is best for killing flies.

Depends if the fly is fire resistant.

Poll: Leftover pizza... Do you...
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2020