Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please seek help for any mental health worries 13:05 - Oct 17 with 817 viewsnewcastlefan1984

I just want to say that football means the world to me and living in Ipswich I am lucky to have Ipswich Town as my local team due to them employing me from 2005 to 2019 and giving me 14 of the most happiest years as an employee. I was lucky enough during my shift to watch Ipswich play and take in 20 minutes in the first half and sometimes 10 at the end and I miss football live, I really do. The passion and excitement.

My first love is Newcastle United and I love Newcastle. I know we share some heroes such as Sir Bobby Robson, Jackie Milburn, Kieron Dyer and Titus Bramble and Darren Ambrose.

I just wanted to say that mental health for men and woman during this pandemic is starting to get worse due to isolation and the feeling that you have to keep yourself positive.

It is okay not to be okay and it is okay to reach out when you need a helping hand. This song is helping me at the moment:
Carole King, You've Got A Friend

I am always a private message away if you need any well being help.
Please seek help for any mental health worries on 13:16 - Oct 17 with 777 viewsDebsyAngel

Thank you for posting that. I have been struggling with this whole thing since March. No help that I seem to have all the symptoms of long covid - but had them since March 2019. I am gutted about Xmas and not being able to do what I would normally. I am trying to carry on with jobs and stuff and listening to a lot of music and reaching out to my friends on Facebook but I feel like this hell is never going to end.
Please seek help for any mental health worries on 13:22 - Oct 17 with 765 viewsOldsmoker

I have suffered from a mild depression in the past few months.
Something that has helped me in keeping me sane during my self-isolation is my pet cat.
She's a botherer and very good at it.
She creates chores that I have to do and I think this has helped to break up the boredom.
"When Saturday comes" has become a really significant mantra for me now and the football really keeps me rooted and able to remember what day of the week it is.
TWTD has also been a great help. I value those who disagree with me because without the challenges to my world view I'd probably think that everything is OK and it isn't.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Please seek help for any mental health worries on 13:24 - Oct 17 with 755 viewsMonkeyAlan

Please seek help for any mental health worries on 13:16 - Oct 17 by DebsyAngel

Thank you for posting that. I have been struggling with this whole thing since March. No help that I seem to have all the symptoms of long covid - but had them since March 2019. I am gutted about Xmas and not being able to do what I would normally. I am trying to carry on with jobs and stuff and listening to a lot of music and reaching out to my friends on Facebook but I feel like this hell is never going to end.

Until we get a decent track and trace and a vaccine lm afraid it wont end. Neither of those seem to be happening, so we all have to hang in there. The only tiny comfort you can take, although it's not really, is that there are thousands probably millions in exactly the same boat. Life is on hold for an awful lot of people at the moment.
Please seek help for any mental health worries on 10:13 - Oct 18 with 635 viewsnewcastlefan1984

Please seek help for any mental health worries on 13:24 - Oct 17 by MonkeyAlan

Until we get a decent track and trace and a vaccine lm afraid it wont end. Neither of those seem to be happening, so we all have to hang in there. The only tiny comfort you can take, although it's not really, is that there are thousands probably millions in exactly the same boat. Life is on hold for an awful lot of people at the moment.

I agree there mate.

It feels like that everything has stopped and we are not allowed to do what we used to do or we are heavily restricted in what we can do.

My best advice is to take each day as it comes and if you live in an area where it is tier 2 or tier 3 where you cannot visit your friends indoors, then please keep in contact on the phone or if you have the Internet, make a time to do a Zoom or Skype or Facebook Messenger, you can do audio calls if you have a microphone.

Please keep in touch and we will get through this. We will all be back at the football one day soon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024