Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No doubt this is utterly delusional and overly optimistic... 23:16 - Nov 3 with 457 viewsclive_baker

But could it be that 2020 is the year the world, or the western world at least 'bottoms out'?

Brexit finally put to bed on 31st December, and increasingly looking like there will be some sort of deal between the UK and EU. Not something I ever wanted or agreed with, but we need to move on from it now. The pain will continue to be felt, both economically and socially IMO, but at least we'll be able to move on with it hopefully occupying less of our attention.

Trump potentially out of the White House. No doubt it'll be messy and weeks of law suits, Trump wont leave without a fight, but fingers crossed Biden gets in.

BLM protests tearing through US and wider in 2020, and of course a global pandemic. But with a vaccine possible in early 2021, could it be that the new year brings a new dawn, one not of division but of unity and inclusion?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

No doubt this is utterly delusional and overly optimistic... on 23:28 - Nov 3 with 406 viewsBlueBadger

There's no way we'll be 'done' with Brexit in 7 weeks time. It will be a millstone round our necks until people finally realise what a short-sighted, poorly informed and ultimately xenophonic and narrow decision it was to take.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

No doubt this is utterly delusional and overly optimistic... on 23:29 - Nov 3 with 402 viewsHARRY10

I think you maybe a bit over optimistic with brexit, as currently whatever deal is agreed the UK does not have either the staff, the infrastructure or computer software to cope with the 4million extra firms any deal will cause freight traffic.

At some point, someone will have to pull the plug - whether that is dressed up as a further transition period will have to be seen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024