Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 defeats from the last 7/8 games now 07:12 - Nov 11 with 1758 viewsdavblue

It’s not a good sign, I know people will say a couple of them were cup games without the 1st team and we had a few contentious decisions against us.

But it’s still worrying, the same old issues are starting to show, not really creating huge amounts. It’s going to be an interesting 6 weeks or so, starting to get to make or break time for Lambert.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2020 8:53]
5 defeats from the last 7/8 games now on 16:00 - Nov 11 with 203 viewsdavblue

5 defeats from the last 7/8 games now on 13:46 - Nov 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

What an odd comment. No-one said they're going to be changed. You can't just pretend they never happened to suit your agenda though.

If it weren't for bizarre refereeing decisions you wouldn't have even started this thread, and Lambert can hardly be blamed for them!

No agenda.

As i said in the first post

'It’s not a good sign, I know people will say a couple of them were cup games without the 1st team and we had a few contentious decisions against us.'

The decisions happened and we lost the games that's a fact, i would rather they didn't but what are they in your head draws, because the league table says 2 losses.

I don't have an agenda, i want us to be the best we can be and 5 defeats in 8 games isn't good, yes there were some circumstances in the games but at the end of the day we lost the games.

It wouldn't bother me 1 bit if Lambert got us promoted, im looking at things objectively and what i see on the pitch, which albeit i've enjoyed us more this year we are still not creating alot of chances and that has been our Achilles heal over the last 2 years since Lambert has been in charge.
5 defeats from the last 7/8 games now on 16:21 - Nov 11 with 195 viewsgordon

5 defeats from the last 7/8 games now on 08:51 - Nov 11 by braveblue

Bit unfair. Two games were reserve sides. Ref cost us big time at a Sunderland. We went there and outplayed them. Also at Lincoln. With a bit of luck it would be a really good position. As it stands we are second. Too much gloom on here.

We definitely didn't outplay Lincoln, they were much better in the first half, came close on quite a few occasions while we offered pretty much nothing. In the second half we did much better and it was pretty even, but I don't think we really made any decent chances did we?

We also definitely didn't 'outplay' Sunderland. Was fairly even, although we were second best first half, and then better in the second half again.

And against Doncaster we were definitely awful.
5 defeats from the last 7/8 games now on 16:27 - Nov 11 with 187 viewsgordon

5 defeats from the last 7/8 games now on 13:33 - Nov 11 by itfcjoe

We simply create more chances if he is on the pitch

Yes, definitely seeing how we do with Norwood or even Jackson as the central striker - Hawkins just doesn't offer any kind of threat from open play.

The other issue is the slow build-up - if you make ten pointless passes before you go for a forward pass, your forwards can't be spending that whole time trying to get into space, making runs etc., because they'd be knackered after 30 minutes - so they have to just stand around and wait until we're ready to play a forward pass - but that means that when the ball does eventually go forward, everyone is static, and it's easy to defend against.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024