Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
would you rather 12:30 - Dec 4 with 2014 viewspositivity

be promoted with lambert
or get rid and stay down for another year?

(and i know the first part is highly unlikely!)

normally i'd look to the future and say get rid, but given the salary cap and the likelihood of losing our better (and younger) players, i'd go for promotion.

it's a tough one though

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

would you rather on 17:01 - Dec 4 with 190 viewsSwansea_Blue

would you rather on 13:29 - Dec 4 by hoppy

If he got us promoted, I don't think it would be a case of being very quickly back down, personally. There are many other poor Championship sides, and we should never have been in the position we were for us to get relegated.

I think if we were to go up, we would have enough to consolidate and push on, rather than become a L1/Championship yoyo side - I really don't think we would be.

Exactly! The sky's the limit.

Well, 15th in the Championship maybe. But that feel like the sky right now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

would you rather on 17:04 - Dec 4 with 188 viewshoppy

would you rather on 17:01 - Dec 4 by Swansea_Blue

Exactly! The sky's the limit.

Well, 15th in the Championship maybe. But that feel like the sky right now.

I dream of 15th in the Championship... AKA the holy grail...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

would you rather on 17:35 - Dec 4 with 165 viewsSuffolktractor

would you rather on 17:04 - Dec 4 by hoppy

I dream of 15th in the Championship... AKA the holy grail...

15th in the Championship seems like a distant dream at the moment.
But I would love Lambert to succeed and get us promoted.
Credit for playing a consistant style of play, hopefully it will bear fruit as we get players back from injury. But he needs to be able to adapt during a game if things aren’t going so well. One of my Narwich supporting friends when we got Lambert said that one thing is for sure if we need a goal to win a game with 15 minutes to go, he will throw on as many strikers as it takes to get it. In his Narwich time to be fair that was his style, and they won many games late on. He seems now to be so dogmatic, he will not alter the style or push people forward to help the lone striker even when we are losing.
Please, if you are reading this PAUL, although we know you take no notice of the media or fans opinions! If we play poorly, just admit it. We know when we have been poor so to here how fantastic we were against teams that have just beaten us is just ridiculous. We can accept honesty, we are not expecting to play like champions every week.
Dont accuse the fans of knocking young players. Ipswich fans support the young players coming through and long for them to do well. It was Lambert who decided to single out Jack Lancaster for one bad pass against Hull, not Brennan, not the press and not the fans.
Finally, get over yourself regarding Phil and TWTD. If the team was leaked, then it was by someone in the club, Phil had no way of stopping it. This website is a vital lifeline to thousands of Town followers and I feel what the club has done is a personal slight on all of us. Lee O’Neil has said it will be sorted in the next few weeks. A message to ITFC: this shouldn’t have happened in the first place, it was petty and has only served to alienate many of us. Sort it NOW, before the Plymouth game. Apologise to Phil that you got the wrong end of the stick and went too far. Then tell us that you value the support of TWTD, the local press and media and all of thousands of Town fans. The only way forward is together. The present atmosphere between the club and supporters is decisive, unhealthy and can not continue.
I want to enjoy supporting my club that I have done for decades and feel part of it. At the moment that is very difficult.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024