Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorry but imo. Defenders shouldn't be doing this 18:38 - Dec 16 with 3857 viewsFrimleyBlue

One slip and it's a goal conceded.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Sorry but imo. Defenders shouldn't be doing this on 14:47 - Dec 17 with 403 viewsDyland

The first one made me wince. Only because it reminded me of spraining my ankle so badly a couple of years ago treading on the ball, I ended up in hospital. Not because I was worried we'd concede, which I'm used to so whatever. In fact, if it comes from comedy fook ups so what, at least we can laugh.

Kenlock tries this kind of play all the time. It succeeds roughly 50% of the time.

Tbf if this had led to a goal the lad McG would still be getting pelters for it.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2020 14:52]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Sorry but imo. Defenders shouldn't be doing this on 14:56 - Dec 17 with 390 viewsjayessess

Sorry but imo. Defenders shouldn't be doing this on 14:47 - Dec 17 by Dyland

The first one made me wince. Only because it reminded me of spraining my ankle so badly a couple of years ago treading on the ball, I ended up in hospital. Not because I was worried we'd concede, which I'm used to so whatever. In fact, if it comes from comedy fook ups so what, at least we can laugh.

Kenlock tries this kind of play all the time. It succeeds roughly 50% of the time.

Tbf if this had led to a goal the lad McG would still be getting pelters for it.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2020 14:52]

"Kenlock tries this kind of play all the time"

Like when?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Sorry but imo. Defenders shouldn't be doing this on 15:01 - Dec 17 with 390 viewsDyland

Sorry but imo. Defenders shouldn't be doing this on 14:56 - Dec 17 by jayessess

"Kenlock tries this kind of play all the time"

Like when?

Whenever he plays ;)

He tries to dribble his way out rather than immediately kick the ball out or long. More often than not. To my memory anyway.

Sorry but imo. Defenders shouldn't be doing this on 15:03 - Dec 17 with 390 viewsDyland

Sorry but imo. Defenders shouldn't be doing this on 08:14 - Dec 17 by Garv

Well we don't see midfielders or attackers doing this sort of thing, so why not a defender. Can't remember the last time someone tried to beat a man with a bit of skill.

Lighten up. Great stuff.

"Can't remember the last time someone tried to beat a man with a bit of skill."

Bishop and Dozzell, every time they play. Or did you mean last time a defender did it?

Sorry but imo. Defenders shouldn't be doing this on 15:34 - Dec 17 with 376 viewsjayessess

Sorry but imo. Defenders shouldn't be doing this on 15:01 - Dec 17 by Dyland

Whenever he plays ;)

He tries to dribble his way out rather than immediately kick the ball out or long. More often than not. To my memory anyway.

Think your memory is playing tricks on you!

Whoscored has Kenlock on 0.3 dribbles per 90 minutes this season and none of the goals we've conceded this season featured Kenlock trying and failing to dribble past someone.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Sorry but imo. Defenders shouldn't be doing this on 16:46 - Dec 17 with 351 viewsWickets

Sorry but imo. Defenders shouldn't be doing this on 20:53 - Dec 16 by Seablu

In about 25 years time, the hall of fame is going to have to make some retrospective additions.

The fact that Chambers is the nearest thing we’ve had to a legend since Counago, Bent & Kuqi is a damning indictment on the mediocrity that’s crawled through here in the last decade or so.

OK but what about the drag backs ?
Sorry but imo. Defenders shouldn't be doing this on 16:57 - Dec 17 with 352 viewsDyland

Sorry but imo. Defenders shouldn't be doing this on 15:34 - Dec 17 by jayessess

Think your memory is playing tricks on you!

Whoscored has Kenlock on 0.3 dribbles per 90 minutes this season and none of the goals we've conceded this season featured Kenlock trying and failing to dribble past someone.

Yeh I guess "dribble" as in skills run isn't quite what I meant, rather try and keep possession with some decent close control and a turn before offloading. And yeh, certainly don't think he's at fault for goals from doing this. His main problem imo is positioning, and his football brain is not very quick. I like Kenlock! Even though he looks like an ugly ancient Egyptian woman.

Sorry but imo. Defenders shouldn't be doing this on 17:33 - Dec 17 with 341 viewsTractorCam

Sorry but imo. Defenders shouldn't be doing this on 09:35 - Dec 17 by DinDjarin

I love seeing players being brave although if you lose it on the edge of your box then you will look like a numpty but the lad is obviously confident to try these things and should be encouraged.

The issue I have is that he is at fault for goals. Their goal Tuesday was a result of his long pass being intercepted. They almost equalized when he sold himself trying to win the ball in their half near the touchline. Should never have been that far up the pitch when winning 2 - 1 with minutes to go.

Exactly, if it doesn't come off then everyone hates you, check Will Norris v Peterborough last year, a man who has probably never done that and made it very obvious what he was about to do.

With McGuinness it's probably second nature, natural talent on the ball.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024