Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I may be out of line here, or missing something, and this is a tragic story 09:40 - Dec 22 with 3939 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

But where does parental responsibility come into this? They're blaming their child's murder on the fact he was excluded from school, ended up going down the wrong path and getting in with the wrong crowd, lost any sense of self discipline, and was then murdered as thought to be part of a gang. But all this is the fault of the school for excluding him in the first place?!?

They don't really go into what he was excluded for, but should kids NEVER be excluded, no matter what they do, because of the path they might end up on? Am I wrong to think the parents are looking for someone to blame while covering up their own failings as parents? Not really sure you can blame the school for this chain of events.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-55353958

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I may be out of line here, or missing something, and this is a tragic story on 22:27 - Dec 22 with 442 viewsRyorry

I may be out of line here, or missing something, and this is a tragic story on 20:23 - Dec 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

I totally agree with you on all this. I notice "Passionnotanger" is downvoting everything I say (Ryorry's alter ego) but we agree on what you've posted here.

You say "I strongly believe parenting is rooted in the home" which is what I've been saying here, but maybe I've been a bit clumsy with it and the point that others do have a huge influence.

My point was that the parents are accusing the school of causing this. That's what got my goat. Everyone is to blame for this. Including themselves - which is why it's galling that they are pointing the finger at the school.

I appreciate this may have been made to look worse by the editorial of the article. But the quotes, by the stepdad, of the school being the catalyst seem off to me. It's true I don't know what else they think. I can only go by what they've been quoted as saying here.

Come on Jeera, you're a reasonable chap, you can see my point here? Everyone seems to be blaming the school, and on the face of it the parents seem to think their child's upbringing is nothing to do with them.

My "alterego"?? What?

That is exactly why, much as I'd like to, I can't put you on ignore. I hadn't been involved in this thread in any way, but I go off-site for a few hours and you come up with yet another wild, malign, untrue dig at me. FFs

No idea who 'passionnotanger' is, but good luck to them if they've been sucked into an argument by you, they have to meet your expectations of being glued to their screens 24/7 for the next week in case you reply & demand an answer within 30 minutes or else be accused of "running away".
[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 22:41]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I may be out of line here, or missing something, and this is a tragic story on 10:05 - Dec 23 with 362 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I may be out of line here, or missing something, and this is a tragic story on 22:27 - Dec 22 by Ryorry

My "alterego"?? What?

That is exactly why, much as I'd like to, I can't put you on ignore. I hadn't been involved in this thread in any way, but I go off-site for a few hours and you come up with yet another wild, malign, untrue dig at me. FFs

No idea who 'passionnotanger' is, but good luck to them if they've been sucked into an argument by you, they have to meet your expectations of being glued to their screens 24/7 for the next week in case you reply & demand an answer within 30 minutes or else be accused of "running away".
[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 22:41]

My last load of points to you you just downarrowed and left (again). You couldn't answer them. I even offered an olive branch.

You were an @rse to me so I'm going to be one back to you. You caused this.

I may be out of line here, or missing something, and this is a tragic story on 10:44 - Dec 23 with 350 viewsRyorry

I may be out of line here, or missing something, and this is a tragic story on 10:05 - Dec 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

My last load of points to you you just downarrowed and left (again). You couldn't answer them. I even offered an olive branch.

You were an @rse to me so I'm going to be one back to you. You caused this.

I made it abundantly clear numerous times that I want nothing whatsoever to do with you, even to the extent of twice pleading with you to please leave me alone.

Beause, in summary, you repeatedly fail to read things carefully, then when people eventually lose patience with that and reply with slight tetchiness "what is it about xyz that you don't get?" you fly into a total tizz, escalate it into a row of epic proportions (all the while either unintentionally or wilfully continuing to misread replies & consequently building either distortions or downright lies into your own replies because You Must Always Be Right).

I didn't reply listing all your distortions, misrepresentations & downright lies on that thread because there were about 50 of them and it'd have taken me an hour+. I'd explained at least twice that I'd downarrowed in lieu, but you concluded, rather bizarrely, that the time it takes to downvote (1 second) is somehow the same as the time it takes to write a 2-5 paragraph reply.

You are as thinskinned as a butterfly's wing, but expect anyone disagreeing with you to have a skin like a rhinocerous when you come up with your deliberate & repeated baiting and sh1tstirring. For years you've picked up & run with the endless jibes about "running away" - even after several other posters have told you it's ridiculous & to lay off, and even after on the 12-pager of 2 days ago, I patiently eplained to you that I'd simply gone to research the twitter thread - and came back to reply 30 mins later. Even Benters, who started that phrase, admitted he only started it as a joke to push my buttons.

What have I got to do to get rid of you - leave the site? I'm in my 70s & life is too short to spend any more of it on you. I have enough sh1t & stress going on irl right now without you endlessly hounding me, even to the extent now of baiting me on a thread I hadn't even been on in any way. It has taken me 40 mins of daylight on on of the shortest days of the year to write this, time that I'm never going to get back.

You know what to do now - Leave. Me. Alone.

I may be out of line here, or missing something, and this is a tragic story on 10:56 - Dec 23 with 341 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I may be out of line here, or missing something, and this is a tragic story on 10:44 - Dec 23 by Ryorry

I made it abundantly clear numerous times that I want nothing whatsoever to do with you, even to the extent of twice pleading with you to please leave me alone.

Beause, in summary, you repeatedly fail to read things carefully, then when people eventually lose patience with that and reply with slight tetchiness "what is it about xyz that you don't get?" you fly into a total tizz, escalate it into a row of epic proportions (all the while either unintentionally or wilfully continuing to misread replies & consequently building either distortions or downright lies into your own replies because You Must Always Be Right).

I didn't reply listing all your distortions, misrepresentations & downright lies on that thread because there were about 50 of them and it'd have taken me an hour+. I'd explained at least twice that I'd downarrowed in lieu, but you concluded, rather bizarrely, that the time it takes to downvote (1 second) is somehow the same as the time it takes to write a 2-5 paragraph reply.

You are as thinskinned as a butterfly's wing, but expect anyone disagreeing with you to have a skin like a rhinocerous when you come up with your deliberate & repeated baiting and sh1tstirring. For years you've picked up & run with the endless jibes about "running away" - even after several other posters have told you it's ridiculous & to lay off, and even after on the 12-pager of 2 days ago, I patiently eplained to you that I'd simply gone to research the twitter thread - and came back to reply 30 mins later. Even Benters, who started that phrase, admitted he only started it as a joke to push my buttons.

What have I got to do to get rid of you - leave the site? I'm in my 70s & life is too short to spend any more of it on you. I have enough sh1t & stress going on irl right now without you endlessly hounding me, even to the extent now of baiting me on a thread I hadn't even been on in any way. It has taken me 40 mins of daylight on on of the shortest days of the year to write this, time that I'm never going to get back.

You know what to do now - Leave. Me. Alone.

EDIT: Changed my mind about what I'm going to post. I'm sorry, for everything. I hope you have a safe Christmas.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2020 10:58]

I may be out of line here, or missing something, and this is a tragic story on 11:06 - Dec 23 with 331 viewsRyorry

I may be out of line here, or missing something, and this is a tragic story on 10:56 - Dec 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

EDIT: Changed my mind about what I'm going to post. I'm sorry, for everything. I hope you have a safe Christmas.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2020 10:58]

Edited to reflect your own edit, but I will let one thing remain - the most important thing in life to me is to be able to lay my head on the pillow with a clear conscience. I'll never knowingly do anything to jeopardise that.

Thanks for your apology, have a safe Christmas too 👍 Petty stuff on here pales into insignificance compared with the sh1tstorm out there.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2020 11:16]

I may be out of line here, or missing something, and this is a tragic story on 11:32 - Dec 23 with 314 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I may be out of line here, or missing something, and this is a tragic story on 11:06 - Dec 23 by Ryorry

Edited to reflect your own edit, but I will let one thing remain - the most important thing in life to me is to be able to lay my head on the pillow with a clear conscience. I'll never knowingly do anything to jeopardise that.

Thanks for your apology, have a safe Christmas too 👍 Petty stuff on here pales into insignificance compared with the sh1tstorm out there.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2020 11:16]

That's exactly what I thought. We're all going through sh!t in some way or another, there's no need to take it out on anyone on here (especially petty stuff).

Here's to a better 2021

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024