Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dear TWTDers 00:46 - Dec 28 with 543 viewsCotty

Much love to you all and your families and friends. It's been a difficult old year as we all know, and we've all faced extremely different challenges.It seems to me that people are either much much more busy or much much less busy this year, with the full spectrum of impacts on all of our lives. I dearly wish that I'd had more time to pop on here and talk about football, but sadly that has not been the case. It deeply saddens me that I've not been able to debate with all of you about who our worst manager of recent times has been (it's definitely, definitely Hurst btw. One word - McGoldrick). And it saddens me even more that our club has chosen to symbolically bar Phil, who really does represent us more than the supporters club or any other group.

This said, I truly hope that Lambert, despite all of his obvious failings (OK cue rant. The man is not capable of nuance. Season 1: "we're going down, don't blame me". Season 2: "I'm going to change the team as much as humanly possible so that we have the advantage later in the season (when we will have more chance of going down than up)". Season 3: "I'm going to keep the team the same as much as humanly possible (ignoring the fact that occasionally changing the personnel or tactics might give you an advantage over different opponents)". It's like he feels he needs each season to have it's own story arc, but where there is a damning inevitability about his failure to get the best out of his players), has success at the club, and all will be forgiven if he gets us into the Promised Land of Division 2 (sorry Phil).

I've completely lost the point of this post, and undoubtedly nobody will read this far. But all the best to you and your kin.

Happy new thingy when it comes.

X
Dear TWTDers on 05:59 - Dec 28 with 413 viewsCoastalblue

Same to you

That's how you do concise

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Dear TWTDers on 06:32 - Dec 28 with 402 viewsKeno

Lambert out

miss you on here Cotty, stay well mate

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024