Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People comparing this to the People's vote campaign 21:44 - Jan 6 with 736 viewstractordownsouth

Seeing way too much of this on Twitter. It's a perfectly legitimate viewpoint to have disagreed with Labour and the Lib Dems on this, but to compare a confirmatory vote on a trade deal with the scenes on Capitol Hill is one of the worst examples of false equivalence I've seen for a while.

Despite the flaws of the People's vote campaign, it was conducted through peaceful marches and a policy in the 2019 manifesto, not gangs of extremists pepper spraying the police, carrying weapons and storming into COngress/Parliament. Sure there were some unsavoury tweets from the remain side, but that's nothing like what the MAGA lot are doing.

Elected politicians doing this are just making things worse.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

People comparing this to the People's vote campaign on 21:47 - Jan 6 with 693 viewsSwansea_Blue

Chalk and cheese innit. Look at the wazzocks who are drawing the comparison and it tells you all you need to know; Tories who can’t bring themselves to condemn the violence (although to be fair many other prominent Tories have publicly condemned the protests).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

People comparing this to the People's vote campaign on 21:49 - Jan 6 with 674 viewsStokieBlue

Frankly, that tweet is b*llocks.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

People comparing this to the People's vote campaign on 21:53 - Jan 6 with 649 viewstractordownsouth

People comparing this to the People's vote campaign on 21:49 - Jan 6 by StokieBlue

Frankly, that tweet is b*llocks.

SB

The bloke used to be Welsh Tory leader. The group of them in the Senedd have been a joke during Covid. They slag off Mark Drakeford for implementing restrictions in Wales, then mysteriously go missing whenever Johnson has to do the same thing in England a few days later.

People comparing this to the People's vote campaign on 21:59 - Jan 6 with 625 viewsSwansea_Blue

People comparing this to the People's vote campaign on 21:53 - Jan 6 by tractordownsouth

The bloke used to be Welsh Tory leader. The group of them in the Senedd have been a joke during Covid. They slag off Mark Drakeford for implementing restrictions in Wales, then mysteriously go missing whenever Johnson has to do the same thing in England a few days later.

He was my AM until a couple of years ago. A bit of an arse apparently.

Edited - meant Assembly Member, not MP
[Post edited 6 Jan 2021 22:07]

People comparing this to the People's vote campaign on 22:02 - Jan 6 with 613 viewstractordownsouth

People comparing this to the People's vote campaign on 21:59 - Jan 6 by Swansea_Blue

He was my AM until a couple of years ago. A bit of an arse apparently.

Edited - meant Assembly Member, not MP
[Post edited 6 Jan 2021 22:07]

He was on Darren Grifter Grimes' Youtube channel a few months back.

People comparing this to the People's vote campaign on 22:06 - Jan 6 with 597 viewsSwansea_Blue

People comparing this to the People's vote campaign on 22:02 - Jan 6 by tractordownsouth

He was on Darren Grifter Grimes' Youtube channel a few months back.

I’m not surprised. Big Brexit fan. Also got in a bit of trouble for giving his wife a well paid job as his PA to do very little.

People comparing this to the People's vote campaign on 22:13 - Jan 6 with 554 viewstractordownsouth

People comparing this to the People's vote campaign on 22:06 - Jan 6 by Swansea_Blue

I’m not surprised. Big Brexit fan. Also got in a bit of trouble for giving his wife a well paid job as his PA to do very little.

His wikipedia suggests that he took EU subsidies for his business too

People comparing this to the People's vote campaign on 22:21 - Jan 6 with 526 viewsSwansea_Blue

People comparing this to the People's vote campaign on 22:13 - Jan 6 by tractordownsouth

His wikipedia suggests that he took EU subsidies for his business too

He’s a big farming type, so I wouldn’t be surprised. I don’t think he’s the worst in Wales though - David Davies, MP for Monmouth, probably has that crown. A Brexiteer and long-term, very vocal climate change denier. An utter bellend.

Login to get fewer ads

People comparing this to the People's vote campaign on 22:24 - Jan 6 with 514 viewstractordownsouth

People comparing this to the People's vote campaign on 22:21 - Jan 6 by Swansea_Blue

He’s a big farming type, so I wouldn’t be surprised. I don’t think he’s the worst in Wales though - David Davies, MP for Monmouth, probably has that crown. A Brexiteer and long-term, very vocal climate change denier. An utter bellend.

If we're including all parties here then I think Neil Hamilton is the worst. Closely followed by Mark Reckless (although he could count in the Tory category, I haven't checked to see which party he's in this week.)

People comparing this to the People's vote campaign on 22:33 - Jan 6 with 489 viewsSwansea_Blue

People comparing this to the People's vote campaign on 22:24 - Jan 6 by tractordownsouth

If we're including all parties here then I think Neil Hamilton is the worst. Closely followed by Mark Reckless (although he could count in the Tory category, I haven't checked to see which party he's in this week.)

Agreed. Hamilton’s horrendous.

There’s been a development -arf!

People comparing this to the People's vote campaign on 23:25 - Jan 6 with 435 viewstractordownsouth

People comparing this to the People's vote campaign on 22:33 - Jan 6 by Swansea_Blue

Agreed. Hamilton’s horrendous.

There’s been a development -arf!

They dismissed my complaint about Nadine Dorries for sharing that doctored video of Starmer, implying he turned a blind eye to child abuse. If she can keep her job as minister for mental health (of all jobs) then RT will probably get a promotion for this. Expect the Welsh Tory front bench to all send rallying tweets accusing Bryant of political point scoring tomorrow morning

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024