Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Butcher and Dyer? 07:12 - Jan 12 with 4940 viewsharlingblue

Two Ipswich Town ex players, probably hurting as us Supporters, both International performers, perhaps they should be at the helm?
Butcher and Dyer? on 11:16 - Jan 19 with 231 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:42 - Jan 19 by farkenhell

Sorry, just seen this.

John Duncan is, in fact, near our 3rd best manager - if you count the fact that both are Scottish!

Were you serious in your assertion that Lyall was more successful at Town than Burley? Lyall did well and turned us around after the rudderless years under Duncan, but surely Burley surpasses his achievements due to achieving a much higher finish (and qualification for Europe) in the PL?

To be honest, I briefly forgot about Burley. Shame on me! But that puts Duncan even further down the list.

And anyway, stop deflecting, what's this about John Duncan spending all his playing career with us?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Butcher and Dyer? on 12:45 - Jan 19 with 194 viewsfarkenhell

Butcher and Dyer? on 11:16 - Jan 19 by The_Flashing_Smile

To be honest, I briefly forgot about Burley. Shame on me! But that puts Duncan even further down the list.

And anyway, stop deflecting, what's this about John Duncan spending all his playing career with us?

Ha - to be fair, I couldn't think of any manager other than Burley who played for us? If you ignore the brief interim stints from Klug (also, I don't think he ever played for the 1st team) and Walk/Goddard. Not sure whether this supports or weakens the case for a Dyer/Butcher partnership. Personally, I would love to see them given a chance, but that's mainly because I am a sentimental fool!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024