Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Butcher and Dyer? 07:12 - Jan 12 with 4937 viewsharlingblue

Two Ipswich Town ex players, probably hurting as us Supporters, both International performers, perhaps they should be at the helm?
Butcher and Dyer as Management Team? on 08:19 - Jan 18 with 1307 viewsharlingblue

Both top players at Ipswich, both England Internationals, one with knowledge in Management, the other getting the best out of our youth teams? Both local to Suffolk, know the Ipswich Town way of playing, which I am afraid our current Manager does not.
Time for Marcus Evans to give a long hard think about this, unless he is grinding us down to the ground, for a sell off?
Butcher and Dyer? on 09:08 - Jan 18 with 1265 viewsBABLUE

Butcher and Dyer? on 10:08 - Jan 12 by BlueForYou

"Butchers record in management isn’t great and Dyer is unproven".

The current position holder hasnt got a great record either & could be said he is unproven!

Oh Lambert is proven all right!!!!!!!!

Proven to be appalling
Butcher and Dyer? on 09:25 - Jan 18 with 1247 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Great footballers don't always make great managers, so would be wary of Butcher & Dyer. Another cheap Evans type option could be a Chambers & Skuse management team. Both love ITFC and the area, both near the end of their playing careers. Can't possibly do any worse than Lambert surely?
Butcher and Dyer? on 10:06 - Jan 18 with 1211 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:00 - Jan 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

When would be right? He's always likely to start somewhere where a club's been failing and just got shot of an inept previous incumbent. Now, with the feel good factor those two would bring, seems the perfect time to me!

Having said that, I quite like the sound of the Cowleys. They have a lot more experience too.

Not this season though. With the new salary cap, promotion this season is crucial so it’s not the time to go for a rookie manager imo.

Poll: Our final position

Butcher and Dyer? on 11:46 - Jan 18 with 1171 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Butcher and Dyer? on 10:06 - Jan 18 by southnorfolkblue

Not this season though. With the new salary cap, promotion this season is crucial so it’s not the time to go for a rookie manager imo.

Yeah fair point.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Butcher and Dyer? on 11:51 - Jan 18 with 1160 viewsmrfixit426

Butcher and Dyer? on 10:08 - Jan 12 by BlueForYou

"Butchers record in management isn’t great and Dyer is unproven".

The current position holder hasnt got a great record either & could be said he is unproven!

Butcher is a dinosaur in football terms, and Dyer would need to manage up as well as down in the club, and I'm not sure he would be able to do that. I can't see it being anything other than a complete disaster which would ruin the career prospects of a bright young talent, before it's even really got started.
Butcher and Dyer? on 12:18 - Jan 18 with 1144 viewsTieDyedIn95

I am sorry, but this idea would solve nothing. Might I add, our two best ever managers never kicked a ball for Town. I don't understand why our next manager has to be an ex-player, in the same way I didn't think having a "young and exciting" manager would do us any good either. It didn't. It didn't work for Bryan Gunn at Norwich, it will not work here.

We need a manager with some good experience of this league and football in general, someone with contacts who can bring players in who will want to play for him and someone who is tough and challenging with Evans.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/sport/nigel-clough-salutes-players-outstanding-

Nigel Clough is the ideal appointment. He can work with no money, has experience of playing with top clubs, managing clubs our size, has played as an international, has actually been promoted from this league, and has a playing style and ethos that fits Ipswich Town. Dyer might be passionate, but that counts for nothing, we need a leader to get us out of the mess and move us forward. Clough should be appointed here next season after Lambert fails to get us up. Clough is already working wonders at Mansfield. He should have replaced Mick.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Bluey and Crazee? (n/t) on 12:29 - Jan 18 with 1130 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

Butcher and Dyer? on 12:30 - Jan 18 with 1130 viewsDinDjarin

Whats are Venus and Herman up to these days?

That would be my dream team.
Butcher and Dyer? on 12:44 - Jan 18 with 1123 viewsNthQldITFC

Butcher and Dyer? on 12:30 - Jan 18 by DinDjarin

Whats are Venus and Herman up to these days?

That would be my dream team.

I'd settle for Venus and Serena.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Butcher and Dyer? on 12:57 - Jan 18 with 1109 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Butcher and Dyer? on 12:18 - Jan 18 by TieDyedIn95

I am sorry, but this idea would solve nothing. Might I add, our two best ever managers never kicked a ball for Town. I don't understand why our next manager has to be an ex-player, in the same way I didn't think having a "young and exciting" manager would do us any good either. It didn't. It didn't work for Bryan Gunn at Norwich, it will not work here.

We need a manager with some good experience of this league and football in general, someone with contacts who can bring players in who will want to play for him and someone who is tough and challenging with Evans.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/sport/nigel-clough-salutes-players-outstanding-

Nigel Clough is the ideal appointment. He can work with no money, has experience of playing with top clubs, managing clubs our size, has played as an international, has actually been promoted from this league, and has a playing style and ethos that fits Ipswich Town. Dyer might be passionate, but that counts for nothing, we need a leader to get us out of the mess and move us forward. Clough should be appointed here next season after Lambert fails to get us up. Clough is already working wonders at Mansfield. He should have replaced Mick.

Clough is a good shout

Poll: Our final position

Butcher and Dyer? on 13:06 - Jan 18 with 1099 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I'd probably prefer just Dyer as manager with somebody more experienced and successful next to him. A bit like Burley and Gorman.
Butcher and Dyer? on 13:07 - Jan 18 with 1092 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

He doesn't have a great managerial record, although his Sheff U stats look decent from this;

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nigel-clough/stationen/trainer/4374/plus/1

Butcher and Dyer? on 13:13 - Jan 18 with 1079 viewsfarkenhell

Some good points. Although I should point out that our 3rd best manager (and no disgrace being behind the two most successful England managers) spent most of his playing career with us. Also, all three were seen as "young and exciting" when they became our manager.

I don't think we should discount a rookie manager with the right credentials and support, based upon the disaster that Hurst became. Also, as has been pointed out elsewhere, the way things are going, we might not have much of a choice when Lambert finally leaves!
Butcher and Dyer? on 14:26 - Jan 18 with 1049 viewsitfcjoe

Clough has only recently taken the Mansfield job so just no chance.

And also just because there is one example of Bryan Gunn not working there are 50 examples of where it did work, and a further 50 where it didn't work

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Butcher and Dyer? on 14:31 - Jan 18 with 1040 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Butcher and Dyer? on 13:13 - Jan 18 by farkenhell

Some good points. Although I should point out that our 3rd best manager (and no disgrace being behind the two most successful England managers) spent most of his playing career with us. Also, all three were seen as "young and exciting" when they became our manager.

I don't think we should discount a rookie manager with the right credentials and support, based upon the disaster that Hurst became. Also, as has been pointed out elsewhere, the way things are going, we might not have much of a choice when Lambert finally leaves!

John Lyall spent most of his playing career with us?!

Butcher and Dyer? on 15:28 - Jan 18 with 1006 viewsfarkenhell

Butcher and Dyer? on 14:31 - Jan 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

John Lyall spent most of his playing career with us?!

You know I meant John Duncan!
Butcher and Dyer? on 15:37 - Jan 18 with 983 viewstractorboy1978

"has experience of playing with top clubs, managing clubs our size, has played as an international, has actually been promoted from this league" - are you talking about Lambert here?

We need someone that can coach first and foremost. And someone that brings energy, fresh ideas and can man-manage. Whether that is Dyer I do not know but he's very highly regarded around the club. Clough is just another that has been around the block, is a bit dull and ultimately has a ceiling of managing mediocre-lower end Championship clubs.
Butcher and Dyer? on 16:41 - Jan 18 with 944 viewsRadioOrwell

Love the way people think Cook and Cowleys would even want to be here.

Way to overestimate our position in the scheme of things.
Butcher and Dyer? on 16:47 - Jan 18 with 929 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Butcher and Dyer? on 15:28 - Jan 18 by farkenhell

You know I meant John Duncan!

John Duncan never played for us and wasn't remotely near our 3rd best manager. Apart from that, you're spot on!

Butcher and Dyer? on 16:50 - Jan 18 with 925 viewsitfcjoe

Butcher and Dyer? on 16:41 - Jan 18 by RadioOrwell

Love the way people think Cook and Cowleys would even want to be here.

Way to overestimate our position in the scheme of things.

They would.

Butcher and Dyer? on 16:59 - Jan 18 with 908 viewsRadioOrwell

Butcher and Dyer? on 16:50 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

They would.

No they wouldn't.
Butcher and Dyer? on 17:12 - Jan 18 with 875 viewsitfcjoe

Butcher and Dyer? on 16:59 - Jan 18 by RadioOrwell

No they wouldn't.

On what evidence? I know both have spoken to journos and would be

Butcher and Dyer? on 18:10 - Jan 18 with 838 viewsTieDyedIn95

Butcher and Dyer? on 14:26 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

Clough has only recently taken the Mansfield job so just no chance.

And also just because there is one example of Bryan Gunn not working there are 50 examples of where it did work, and a further 50 where it didn't work

Not a hint of misery and hanging on for payout from this guy. Unlike someone....

He'd come to Town at the end of the season after he's saved Mansfield and as for those saying he didn't amaze at Derby or Sheffield - he did however turn water into wine at Burton twice, with absolutely no money and got them to the Championship ffs. If he can take Burton from non-league to the second tier of English football on a budget of nothing, he should easily be able to work with the restrictions from the owner and league here and we'd play half decent football doing it as well.

We've had enough, time for Clough!

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:42 - Jan 19 with 751 viewsfarkenhell

Butcher and Dyer? on 16:47 - Jan 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

John Duncan never played for us and wasn't remotely near our 3rd best manager. Apart from that, you're spot on!

Sorry, just seen this.

John Duncan is, in fact, near our 3rd best manager - if you count the fact that both are Scottish!

Were you serious in your assertion that Lyall was more successful at Town than Burley? Lyall did well and turned us around after the rudderless years under Duncan, but surely Burley surpasses his achievements due to achieving a much higher finish (and qualification for Europe) in the PL?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024