Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid 00:53 - Jan 19 with 2095 viewsJ2BLUE

Great interview this if anyone is interested:

Also what to expect when you get the vaccine and how you can contribute to data about the vaccine/Covid on the symptom tracker app:

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 14:19 - Jan 19 with 1936 viewsSuffolkPOSH

I listen to most of Dr John Campbells video's but was going to skip this one as it's over an hour long & didn't really fancy listening to some MP BS's the whole governemts handling of the pandamic. However, unable to sleep @ 3am I thought I would listen to it & thought it was really informative & that David Davies MP came across really well.

As he has a scientific background it's a shame that Boris hasn't included him more in the managaement of the pandamic, he would have been so much better than the stumbling Matt Hancock.

It's also interesting he, like Dr John Campbell is a huge believer of the value of taking vitamin D because you don't hear anything from mainsteam media or the government re: advising people to take it.
Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 14:23 - Jan 19 with 1928 viewsJ2BLUE

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 14:19 - Jan 19 by SuffolkPOSH

I listen to most of Dr John Campbells video's but was going to skip this one as it's over an hour long & didn't really fancy listening to some MP BS's the whole governemts handling of the pandamic. However, unable to sleep @ 3am I thought I would listen to it & thought it was really informative & that David Davies MP came across really well.

As he has a scientific background it's a shame that Boris hasn't included him more in the managaement of the pandamic, he would have been so much better than the stumbling Matt Hancock.

It's also interesting he, like Dr John Campbell is a huge believer of the value of taking vitamin D because you don't hear anything from mainsteam media or the government re: advising people to take it.

Agree he came across well and it would be great to see some of his ideas funded by the government.

Truly impaired.

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 14:25 - Jan 19 with 1923 viewsSuffolkPOSH

It's good to see the Zoe app creating video's encouraging people to download & contribute it. I've been completing the brief questionarrie since April/May after Dr Campbell promoted it and one of the benefits was anytime I had any symptoms I was immediately invited to take a test, even when they were restricted to certain groups.

In total I've had 4 tests due to being a participant on the Zoe app.
Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 14:28 - Jan 19 with 1914 viewsDanTheMan

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 14:19 - Jan 19 by SuffolkPOSH

RE: Vitamin D.

I imagine a lot of the reason is that we don't have conclusive proof that taking Vitamin D will definitely help against Covid. I would try and explain it but I'll make a right old mess of it so here's a good run down.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2775003

On the whole though, if you're low on Vitamin D, it's not expensive and as long as you don't take too much, you won't do yourself any harm having it. Plenty of people in UK are at least slightly deficient just because we spend a lot of time indoors and don't get as much sunlight.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 14:41 - Jan 19 with 1883 viewsJ2BLUE

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 14:28 - Jan 19 by DanTheMan

RE: Vitamin D.

I imagine a lot of the reason is that we don't have conclusive proof that taking Vitamin D will definitely help against Covid. I would try and explain it but I'll make a right old mess of it so here's a good run down.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2775003

On the whole though, if you're low on Vitamin D, it's not expensive and as long as you don't take too much, you won't do yourself any harm having it. Plenty of people in UK are at least slightly deficient just because we spend a lot of time indoors and don't get as much sunlight.

That's the precise point they're making though. No conclusive proof but the risk of taking a decent dose is so low that people should be advised to take it.

Truly impaired.

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 14:46 - Jan 19 with 1865 viewsDanTheMan

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 14:41 - Jan 19 by J2BLUE

That's the precise point they're making though. No conclusive proof but the risk of taking a decent dose is so low that people should be advised to take it.

It seems like there is already guidance in place for people to be taking Vitamin D.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vitamin-d-supplementation-during-wint

I know Dr. Fauci was recommending it in America also.

EDIT: Should note the guidance is just general guidance, not actually do with Covid.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 14:48]

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 14:52 - Jan 19 with 1856 viewsJ2BLUE

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 14:46 - Jan 19 by DanTheMan

It seems like there is already guidance in place for people to be taking Vitamin D.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vitamin-d-supplementation-during-wint

I know Dr. Fauci was recommending it in America also.

EDIT: Should note the guidance is just general guidance, not actually do with Covid.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 14:48]

Agree but they are arguing the dose is far too low. If you watch the video and the other videos Dr Campbell has done on Vitamin D it really does make a good case for taking a decent dose.

Guidance recommends 10 micrograms. Fauci is taking 150 micrograms*. I currently take 75.

*Dr Campbell emailed and asked him

Truly impaired.

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 14:59 - Jan 19 with 1844 viewsDanTheMan

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 14:52 - Jan 19 by J2BLUE

Agree but they are arguing the dose is far too low. If you watch the video and the other videos Dr Campbell has done on Vitamin D it really does make a good case for taking a decent dose.

Guidance recommends 10 micrograms. Fauci is taking 150 micrograms*. I currently take 75.

*Dr Campbell emailed and asked him

My understanding (and I'm not a doctor, this is just what I have read) is what without having a need to, taking more than I think it's 100 micrograms a day over a long period of time can actually cause more harm than good. This is probably further compounded because you may just happen to get a lot through your diet, as it's in quite a lot of food.

For all I know Fauci has a very good reason to take that much. I know I also take more than that, however I was also advised on the amount by a GP after a blood test.

I think it's fair on the NHS and other bodies to be cautious here when the link between Vitamin D and preventing serious Covid outcomes is not conclusive.

Also I'll try and watch the video when I have time, but it is quite a long one.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 15:00]

Login to get fewer ads

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 15:04 - Jan 19 with 1837 viewsJ2BLUE

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 14:59 - Jan 19 by DanTheMan

My understanding (and I'm not a doctor, this is just what I have read) is what without having a need to, taking more than I think it's 100 micrograms a day over a long period of time can actually cause more harm than good. This is probably further compounded because you may just happen to get a lot through your diet, as it's in quite a lot of food.

For all I know Fauci has a very good reason to take that much. I know I also take more than that, however I was also advised on the amount by a GP after a blood test.

I think it's fair on the NHS and other bodies to be cautious here when the link between Vitamin D and preventing serious Covid outcomes is not conclusive.

You're proving their point

Massively over cautious thinking stopping the potential benefits for millions. Plenty of anecdotal evidence even if they can't say conclusively that it helps prevent more serious cases. Davis said there's evidence that it helps other illnesses and flu so it's worth it anyway. Davis had some really good anecdotal examples. The video is well worth a watch although I appreciate it's pretty long.

Truly impaired.

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 15:13 - Jan 19 with 1824 viewsDanTheMan

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 15:04 - Jan 19 by J2BLUE

You're proving their point

Massively over cautious thinking stopping the potential benefits for millions. Plenty of anecdotal evidence even if they can't say conclusively that it helps prevent more serious cases. Davis said there's evidence that it helps other illnesses and flu so it's worth it anyway. Davis had some really good anecdotal examples. The video is well worth a watch although I appreciate it's pretty long.

When you're talking about advising a country of doing something, anecdotal does not quite cut it.

There are medical conditions that can have bad outcomes when you take lots Vitamin D. So telling everyone they should be taking loads of it can have unintended side effects.

I'm not saying NICE are definitely correct on the amount here, but I can understand the caution, especially when the link just isn't that solid. Quite a few of the studies I've seen have been in hospital studies where they've pumped people full of the stuff.

It's not like this is the first time I've heard of the link between Vitamin D and Covid.

There's quite a good summing up page here too:
https://vitamin-d-covid.shotwell.ca/

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 15:16 - Jan 19 with 1815 viewsJ2BLUE

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 15:13 - Jan 19 by DanTheMan

When you're talking about advising a country of doing something, anecdotal does not quite cut it.

There are medical conditions that can have bad outcomes when you take lots Vitamin D. So telling everyone they should be taking loads of it can have unintended side effects.

I'm not saying NICE are definitely correct on the amount here, but I can understand the caution, especially when the link just isn't that solid. Quite a few of the studies I've seen have been in hospital studies where they've pumped people full of the stuff.

It's not like this is the first time I've heard of the link between Vitamin D and Covid.

There's quite a good summing up page here too:
https://vitamin-d-covid.shotwell.ca/

It just seems to be making things needlessly difficult. Advise people to take it with certain exclusions. Make the dose even lower if necessary. 50 micrograms isn't going to do the vast majority of people any harm.

Truly impaired.

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 15:19 - Jan 19 with 1809 viewsDanTheMan

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 15:16 - Jan 19 by J2BLUE

It just seems to be making things needlessly difficult. Advise people to take it with certain exclusions. Make the dose even lower if necessary. 50 micrograms isn't going to do the vast majority of people any harm.

Neither you or I have anywhere near enough medical training to know what you should advise a country to be taking.

I wouldn't want to be the person advising someone to take something, only to cause people serious damage, when the effect is "it might help".

We'll leave it there though, I'll have to try and watch the video to comment further.

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 15:21 - Jan 19 with 1801 viewsJ2BLUE

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 15:19 - Jan 19 by DanTheMan

Neither you or I have anywhere near enough medical training to know what you should advise a country to be taking.

I wouldn't want to be the person advising someone to take something, only to cause people serious damage, when the effect is "it might help".

We'll leave it there though, I'll have to try and watch the video to comment further.

Dr Campbell does...

Thinly veiled appeal to authority

Enjoy.

Truly impaired.

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 15:21 - Jan 19 with 1801 viewsgiant_stow

Mrs ullaa has been forcing vit d down our throats from the beginning of the pandemic. No idea if it's helped, but no covid in the house, despite taking the odd minor liberty with the rules.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 15:37 - Jan 19 with 1774 viewsSuffolkPOSH

I don't have any figures at hand but yes the recommend number for vitamin D is incredible low & yes there is a limit which they advise not to go over, a limit which Dr Fauci exceeds on a daily basis.

Re: there being no conclusive evidence that backs the value of vitamin D I think that was one of the main points discussed by David Davies MP & Dr John Campbell as they questioned why the government has not backed any research into the benefits of vitamin D especially related to helping against COVID-19.

Last year we had numerous news reports regarding why BAME communities were more affected by COVID-19 & all the commentary was focused on social economic differences & discrimination within the health care system (I bet our hard working NHS staff really apprecaited that one). We even had people commenting on mainstream media stating how COVID-19 was a racist virus. :) There was never any commentary regarding any biological differences & how treatments could address this, such as taking vitamin D.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 15:49]
Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 15:45 - Jan 19 with 1755 viewsSuffolkPOSH

Damaged from overdosing on vitamin D is unlikely to exceed the 90k plus deaths due to COVID-19 :)

Any government advice re: taking vitamin D would likely be extremely conservative at best, so any overdosing would be largely down to individuals thinking they now best & subscribing their own limits. Why the government wouldn't invest any time or money into research into vitamin D & COVID-19 is questionable but then again I guess they have given all the money to their friends like Secro.
Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 15:58 - Jan 19 with 1721 viewsDebsyAngel

Been on Vitamin D3 since August, as I was found lacking in it at a thyroid blood test.

Sad to say it's not really done anything for me, I take one a day.
Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 16:35 - Jan 19 with 1684 viewslongtimefan

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 15:19 - Jan 19 by DanTheMan

My wife was instructed by her Doctor to take 50ug Vit D3 daily. He told her it was virtually impossible to get the recommended amount during winter without tablets, as other than a wholly unnatural diet, you would never get sufficient through your food intake. Obviously in summer, exposure to additional sunlight levels helps, though he advised continuation of the tablets.
Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 16:51 - Jan 19 with 1664 viewsSuffolkPOSH

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 14:59 - Jan 19 by DanTheMan

Re: the issue of vitamin D intake via food I've watched a number of videos on this and basically the say it is impossible to get the amount of vitanim D you need via food. From memory I think mushrooms are one of the best sources & even then you would need to eat a skip worth to get the amount of vitamin D you require on a daily basis. NB: I might have overstated the quantity, i.e askip but you get my point. The best source of vitamin D is via exposure to the sun for 10 to 15 minutes per day but good luck with that in the winter, failing that taking a supplement is highly recommended.
Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 16:53 - Jan 19 with 1656 viewsDanTheMan

Dr John Campbell interviews David Davis on Covid on 16:51 - Jan 19 by SuffolkPOSH

Re: the issue of vitamin D intake via food I've watched a number of videos on this and basically the say it is impossible to get the amount of vitanim D you need via food. From memory I think mushrooms are one of the best sources & even then you would need to eat a skip worth to get the amount of vitamin D you require on a daily basis. NB: I might have overstated the quantity, i.e askip but you get my point. The best source of vitamin D is via exposure to the sun for 10 to 15 minutes per day but good luck with that in the winter, failing that taking a supplement is highly recommended.

I am aware, I was just pointing out that if you're already taking a very high recommended dose and then you start adding food on top, you can cause issues.

I thought it was fairly obvious I was not against daily Vitamin D supplements (just as NICE and the NHS aren't) however I am in no way fit to argue that what they are recommending is too low when I have no idea of the consequences of recommending a country starts taking 10x that amount, as I know that taking too much can cause damage.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024