Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This whole ‘laying down behind the wall’ thing 23:34 - Mar 20 with 3252 viewsDeano69

Not really football is it.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

This whole ‘laying down behind the wall’ thing on 13:24 - Mar 21 with 231 viewsGuthrum

This whole ‘laying down behind the wall’ thing on 12:03 - Mar 21 by Bluebell

I really want the person taking the free kick to whack it at the wall making them all step backwards falling over the idiot laying on the ground!

Or chip it just over the wall and have one of your own players peeling off the end. Their players can't turn and chase ...

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This whole ‘laying down behind the wall’ thing on 13:57 - Mar 21 with 216 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

This whole ‘laying down behind the wall’ thing on 13:24 - Mar 21 by Guthrum

Or chip it just over the wall and have one of your own players peeling off the end. Their players can't turn and chase ...

Didn't Gascoigne do this once?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

This whole ‘laying down behind the wall’ thing on 14:19 - Mar 21 with 208 viewsMeadowlark

This whole ‘laying down behind the wall’ thing on 11:16 - Mar 21 by Radlett_blue

This has never been a free kick if the ball remains within playing distance.

Well, it used to be given as a free kick, and my little bit of online research (just now)shows that a lot of people are asking the same question, so it is obviously a change that other people have noticed. So either the rule was changed, or referees have started interpreting it differently
This whole ‘laying down behind the wall’ thing on 14:29 - Mar 21 with 208 viewsPhilTWTD

This whole ‘laying down behind the wall’ thing on 12:40 - Mar 21 by Dennyx4

Has anybody actually hit the player laying down behind the wall - I can't remember any shot hitting the player.

I remember a free kick or two, that went in under the wall (not that many of those either).

No, I don't think I've seen any and as you say I can't recall many shots under a jumping wall which have crept in prior to its implementation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024