Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook 18:51 - Apr 10 with 2148 viewsWicksy

P9 W2 D4 L3 F6 A 9

Not exactly the stuff of dreams is it?

I'd assumed the wins against Hull, Doncaster and Accrington were because the players knew PL was on his way and were upping their game. Obviously wrong!

The cars in the churchyard Were shiny and German Distinctly at odds with The theme of the sermon

Paul Cook on 20:03 - Apr 10 with 388 viewswkj

Paul Cook on 20:00 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

Problem is WKJ, sears did more when he came on than Drinan as a striker.

And that's as bad as it is for us that our striking options are drinan and sears or deep forward hawkins

Drinan is a central defender, not a striker. His pressing was top notch today, his distribution wasn't terrible, but his shooting was on brand or the club.

Sears creates energy around him but is far too wasteful now.

If i were to keep either one as backup it would be Drinan though. However, he really isn't a striker to me.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 20:05]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Paul Cook on 20:05 - Apr 10 with 371 viewschrismakin

Paul Cook on 20:03 - Apr 10 by wkj

Drinan is a central defender, not a striker. His pressing was top notch today, his distribution wasn't terrible, but his shooting was on brand or the club.

Sears creates energy around him but is far too wasteful now.

If i were to keep either one as backup it would be Drinan though. However, he really isn't a striker to me.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 20:05]

We pretty much have no frontline, that's the truth really, nothing at all.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Paul Cook on 20:09 - Apr 10 with 360 viewswkj

Paul Cook on 20:05 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

We pretty much have no frontline, that's the truth really, nothing at all.

I'm not entirely convinced that the problems are the front line. In the first half Ward was disgustingly bad, though improved in the second. However, nothing on those wings leads to quality shooting chances.

If I was Cook, I would stick Edwards on the left as an inside forward and then get someone quality on the right who can cross - and then our frontline will get more than slow floaty crosses and sh*t passes while under pressure from 2 men.

We need someone who cuts in from the wing, so we can play the ball around the edge of the box like nearly every other team in this division. No one can cross the ball consistently, we simply shouldn't be playing that way.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 20:11]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Paul Cook on 20:35 - Apr 10 with 335 viewsSuperCoops

Paul Cook on 19:53 - Apr 10 by Wicksy

Under Evans I'd agree this season is a dead duck. If we were fortunate enough to get promoted the squad would need a complete overhaul in order to have any chance of staying in the Championship. There's no way Evans would have funded that.

However with the new owners they presumably would..?

I'm not sure if I'm reading you right.

But whatever happens (go up this season or not), I'm sure the new owners would put funds in to strengthen as they have stated. But the team isn't good enough NOW so there's nothing the new owners can do about that now to change matters for this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024