Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert was nothing without culverhouse 00:03 - Apr 11 with 1233 viewspistonbroke

Cook is nothing without Richardson , clough was nothing without Taylor
Cook somehow has managed to make lambert look good , I predict cook will be gone by Xmas , these new people won’t hang about , they want success

This post has been edited by an administrator
Lambert was nothing without culverhouse on 00:17 - Apr 11 with 1164 viewsWicklowBlue

We are all the sum of our parts! No manager is successful without a team behind them. To quote multiple others you can't polish a turd. Our squad is bloated and imbalanced...

Several players need to be let go, but equally add some fire power up front and some grit in midfield and we'll get out of this league.
Lambert was nothing without culverhouse on 00:29 - Apr 11 with 1140 viewspistonbroke

Lambert was nothing without culverhouse on 00:17 - Apr 11 by WicklowBlue

We are all the sum of our parts! No manager is successful without a team behind them. To quote multiple others you can't polish a turd. Our squad is bloated and imbalanced...

Several players need to be let go, but equally add some fire power up front and some grit in midfield and we'll get out of this league.

Not with cook in charge we won’t
Lambert was nothing without culverhouse on 00:31 - Apr 11 with 1136 viewsWicklowBlue

Lambert was nothing without culverhouse on 00:29 - Apr 11 by pistonbroke

Not with cook in charge we won’t

Care to expand on your thinking?
Lambert was nothing without culverhouse on 00:33 - Apr 11 with 1131 viewswkj

I have a feeling that KD may well become Cook's #1

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Lambert was nothing without culverhouse on 00:35 - Apr 11 with 1130 viewspistonbroke

Lambert was nothing without culverhouse on 00:31 - Apr 11 by WicklowBlue

Care to expand on your thinking?

Yeah no worries , even lambert got more out of this sh it’e show than cook has , under cook somehow our performances have been worse
Lambert was nothing without culverhouse on 00:37 - Apr 11 with 1122 viewswkj

Lambert was nothing without culverhouse on 00:35 - Apr 11 by pistonbroke

Yeah no worries , even lambert got more out of this sh it’e show than cook has , under cook somehow our performances have been worse

Keep in mind there are probably a fair few of our players who no know they wont get contracts next season, that wasn't the case under Lambert - or rather - not an immediate consideration

Crybaby

Lambert was nothing without culverhouse on 00:39 - Apr 11 with 1109 viewspistonbroke

Lambert was nothing without culverhouse on 00:37 - Apr 11 by wkj

Keep in mind there are probably a fair few of our players who no know they wont get contracts next season, that wasn't the case under Lambert - or rather - not an immediate consideration

So that’s an excuse for inept performances is it , what has cook shown , what game changing tactical decisions has he made , I’ll tell you none
Lambert was nothing without culverhouse on 00:43 - Apr 11 with 1096 viewswkj

Lambert was nothing without culverhouse on 00:39 - Apr 11 by pistonbroke

So that’s an excuse for inept performances is it , what has cook shown , what game changing tactical decisions has he made , I’ll tell you none

No excuse, but Cook has a lot more to be judged on, Primarily, what is a cook team? Right now these players are not playing for new contracts- it is clear.

I am not saying cook is the Messiah, but he's not the main problem now either. The main issues is well and truly with the players, of whom, many have clocked out for the season.

You can rest assured though come the first game of next season, the honeymoon period will be well and truly over- and all eyes will be on cook.

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert was nothing without culverhouse on 00:46 - Apr 11 with 1090 viewsWicklowBlue

Lambert was nothing without culverhouse on 00:35 - Apr 11 by pistonbroke

Cheers, I hear what you are saying but really did Lambo get more out of this complete sh8t show? This has been the ongoing conversation all night on here....

I'm not seeing any difference between both managers at all. You can cite Gill's 3 wins but honestly we have a massive rebuilding project ahead of us. At some stage we need to realise that it's not the owner or manager causing the problem....it's down to the players. (Along with really poor recruitment over the past while)
Lambert was nothing without culverhouse on 00:46 - Apr 11 with 1091 viewspistonbroke

Lambert was nothing without culverhouse on 00:43 - Apr 11 by wkj

No excuse, but Cook has a lot more to be judged on, Primarily, what is a cook team? Right now these players are not playing for new contracts- it is clear.

I am not saying cook is the Messiah, but he's not the main problem now either. The main issues is well and truly with the players, of whom, many have clocked out for the season.

You can rest assured though come the first game of next season, the honeymoon period will be well and truly over- and all eyes will be on cook.

That’s fair comment , but for us to be worse than when lambert went to me is criminal , anyway I will put it out here now , cook will be gone by Xmas
Lambert was nothing without culverhouse on 08:48 - Apr 11 with 808 viewsWacko

Are you seriously suggesting that once a manager finds an assistant, that's it, they're paired for life like mallards in a pond? That Cook, who has managed different clubs and recruited new players he's never worked with before to fit his style of play, can't also recruit an assistant manager he's never worked with before to fit his style of play?

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

PHIL!!!! on 08:49 - Apr 11 with 802 viewsfactual_blue

And another for the football section.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Lambert was nothing without culverhouse on 08:55 - Apr 11 with 765 viewsDurovigutum

And yet Alex Ferguson had multiple assistant managers finding success with each, and Sir Bob did the same across many team in any countries and again found success everywhere.

Perhaps it is about the manager, and of course the players?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024