Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our squad by league appearances this season 15:58 - Apr 12 with 689 viewsSouperJim

So after 39 games, only 8 players have more than 20 league appearances so far this season:-

Luke CHAMBERS 37
Andre DOZZELL 36
Tomas HOLY 33
Alan JUDGE 28
Aristote NSIALA 26
Stephen WARD 25
Teddy BISHOP 25
Gwion EDWARDS 22

Just posting as I found the list rather alarming. First up, Chambers is 35 and has only missed 2 games. He is one of 3 senior pros firmly at the end of their career, add in a couple of youngsters who have failed to pull up trees despite finally seeing a decent amount of football and the rest are players who many would consider L1 squad filler.

If you had asked me who I would want to appear on this list at the start of the season, I'd have been hoping for Norwood, Jackson, Downes, Woolfie... even Jon Nolan as one for perhaps more to come from, rather than watching Edwards breeze about the pitch like a loose carrier bag.

Cause and effect I guess, but you can see why we're struggling to make the top 6.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Our squad by league appearances this season on 16:58 - Apr 12 with 555 viewsRadlett_blue

Packing the squad with loan players hasn't helped.
At the start of the season, I felt if Town were to do well, the team would need to be based around KVY, Woolfenden, Norwood, Bishop, Downes, Dozzell & Judge, all of whom seem to have the ability to be above average players at this level.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Our squad by league appearances this season on 17:02 - Apr 12 with 542 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Amazed that McGuinness isn't on that list? He seemed to play every single game for ages.

Can i just say though, great for Bishop. Finally seems to be over the injuries and getting some good game time after being out for so long.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Our squad by league appearances this season on 22:45 - Apr 12 with 415 viewsRadlett_blue

Our squad by league appearances this season on 17:02 - Apr 12 by JammyDodgerrr

Amazed that McGuinness isn't on that list? He seemed to play every single game for ages.

Can i just say though, great for Bishop. Finally seems to be over the injuries and getting some good game time after being out for so long.

Mcguinness took a while to break into the side (while we were doing well) but hasn't featured since Lambert left. I think he's a decent young player, but Town have picked up 15 points from the 17 games he has started so he certainly hasn't appeared a statistical positive. One good thing about Cook is that he appears far less keen to play our raft of loan players.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024