Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Royal family are so irrelevant 19:16 - Apr 10 with 8468 viewsBluefish

Moving matches for that is so ridiculous

The contest to grieve the loudest continues

RIP old man but there is no tragedy

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 19:21 - Apr 10 with 4323 viewsSitfcB

I don’t see why people can’t just accept the protocols and traditions of this, there’s going to be a lot more of it when the Queen passes away.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 19:23 - Apr 10 with 4290 viewsRyorry

ITV news (like so many others) using the word "passing" instead of 'death'. Really annoys me that those who make such decisions assume we're all so soft that we need to be wrapped up in cotton wool & protected from plain words. "Concerns" is another one - apparently we're not allowed to be 'worried' any more

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 19:24 - Apr 10 with 4274 viewsnoggin

With no fans, it doesn't really matter, does it?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 19:27 - Apr 10 with 4250 viewsitfcjoe

Get over it....

We had to play Gillingham early so they didn’t have to pay for floodlights and Portsmouth early and no one on either side seemed to know why - another 1pm isn’t a big deal

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 19:28 - Apr 10 with 4227 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 19:27 - Apr 10 by itfcjoe

Get over it....

We had to play Gillingham early so they didn’t have to pay for floodlights and Portsmouth early and no one on either side seemed to know why - another 1pm isn’t a big deal

And far more games have been moved because of Sky than will ever be moved for the royal family. A pretty strange thing to worry about imo.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 19:30 - Apr 10 with 4212 viewsLankHenners

This country has an unhealthy relationship with royalty and tradition.

Although, stupid as I think it is, it doesn’t make a lot of practical difference.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 19:41 - Apr 10 with 4159 viewsstantheman

Watching his funeral will probably more entertaining that watching us play tbf, so don't stress.
The Royal family are so irrelevant on 19:45 - Apr 10 with 4132 viewsBluefish

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 19:21 - Apr 10 by SitfcB

I don’t see why people can’t just accept the protocols and traditions of this, there’s going to be a lot more of it when the Queen passes away.

It has never happened in my lifetime so a bit of a nonsense to claim traditions. If we are going back hundreds of years for royal traditions you will have a shock

Login to get fewer ads

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 19:50 - Apr 10 with 4098 viewsKropotkin123

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 19:21 - Apr 10 by SitfcB

That will be insufferable. Will definitely go on holiday to get away from it all.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 19:50 - Apr 10 with 4097 viewsMattinLondon

I find the royal family to be an irrelevance but unfortunately the vast majority in this country don’t so they’ll probably want to watch a funeral on telly. So, we will just have to accept that things will get moved about to accommodate this.
The Royal family are so irrelevant on 20:14 - Apr 10 with 4012 viewsvapour_trail

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 19:50 - Apr 10 by MattinLondon

I find the royal family to be an irrelevance but unfortunately the vast majority in this country don’t so they’ll probably want to watch a funeral on telly. So, we will just have to accept that things will get moved about to accommodate this.

I’d be up for some sort of PPV of the wake so that we could watch William and Harry scrap it out after a few sambucas.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 20:30 - Apr 10 with 3975 viewsBluefish

Do you really think the vast majority give 2 sh*ts? We have a weird obsession of desperately declaring our love for people when they die. It is why facters has always done his RIP posts. It says a lot about the people desperately trying to show their grief
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 20:35]

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 20:32 - Apr 10 with 3959 viewsJ2BLUE

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 19:50 - Apr 10 by Kropotkin123

That will be insufferable. Will definitely go on holiday to get away from it all.

Day off though.

Agree with Bluefish here really. In normal times there is no need for the UK to stop. In covid times with a private funeral it makes zero sense.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 20:42 - Apr 10 with 3929 viewsMattinLondon

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 20:30 - Apr 10 by Bluefish

Do you really think the vast majority give 2 sh*ts? We have a weird obsession of desperately declaring our love for people when they die. It is why facters has always done his RIP posts. It says a lot about the people desperately trying to show their grief

Fishers, I think that the Royal Family are quite popular and I think that they do care - but care as in wanting to watch the funeral on telly and make somber statements on Facebook. Possibly care enough to change their avatar to Philip for the day.

Whether they really, deep down give two s**ts about him is doubtful.

Not sure if I swerved your question or not.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 20:43]
The Royal family are so irrelevant on 21:26 - Apr 10 with 3822 viewsbazza

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 20:42 - Apr 10 by MattinLondon

Fishers, I think that the Royal Family are quite popular and I think that they do care - but care as in wanting to watch the funeral on telly and make somber statements on Facebook. Possibly care enough to change their avatar to Philip for the day.

Whether they really, deep down give two s**ts about him is doubtful.

Not sure if I swerved your question or not.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 20:43]

A large proportion of people Will Genuinely care, and the ones who Maybe don’t care so Much, What harm Is it doing, it’s actually nice to see a bit of sincerity amongst people, rather than the usual slating and berating of people, which is all we tend to see in the media now days. Shame it takes someone to die before It surfaces tho..
The Royal family are so irrelevant on 21:40 - Apr 10 with 3760 viewschrismakin

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 19:27 - Apr 10 by itfcjoe

Get over it....

But we score all our goals during a 3pm kickoff

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 21:40 - Apr 10 with 3768 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I think I'll do my weekly shop at 3pm next Saturday. Sainsbury's will be very quiet, I hope...

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 21:53 - Apr 10 with 3718 viewsRadlett_blue

I disagree that it's a majority. Probably a significant enough minority for the establishment to justify their decision.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 22:41 - Apr 10 with 3615 viewsOldsmoker

I have made no comment on TWTD regarding HRH death.
Bluefish comments on this thread and others have come closest to how I would have commented if I could be bothered.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 22:46 - Apr 10 with 3585 viewsSitfcB

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 19:45 - Apr 10 by Bluefish

It has never happened in my lifetime so a bit of a nonsense to claim traditions. If we are going back hundreds of years for royal traditions you will have a shock

It’s pretty much a once in a lifetime moment for most, some of us might live through it twice. We are living through history and people should just go with it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 10:33 - Apr 11 with 3293 viewsGaryCooper

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 20:14 - Apr 10 by vapour_trail

I’d be up for some sort of PPV of the wake so that we could watch William and Harry scrap it out after a few sambucas.

Chortle, watching the septic and Kate scrap like a couple of scousers over a bottle of fake tan would also be a top ppv.
The Royal family are so irrelevant on 10:40 - Apr 11 with 3271 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 19:45 - Apr 10 by Bluefish

You missed Lady Diana then?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 11:51 - Apr 11 with 3185 viewsHARRY10

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 22:46 - Apr 10 by SitfcB

It’s pretty much a once in a lifetime moment for most, some of us might live through it twice. We are living through history and people should just go with it.

I think you'll find we are living through history every day

And as to 'just go with it', it is because people also living through history prior to this have stood up and thought for themselves that we no longer live in some feudal age.

Those who wish to prostrate themselves and gawp at the 'spectacle' are free to do so - just as those who don't wish to should be equally free to do so.

And state their reasons if they so wish.
The Royal family are so irrelevant on 12:01 - Apr 11 with 3148 viewsHARRY10

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 20:30 - Apr 10 by Bluefish

It provides a 'spectacle for the lumpen proletariat

a sort of

'dead' and circuses
The Royal family are so irrelevant on 12:01 - Apr 11 with 3149 viewsBlueschev

The Royal family are so irrelevant on 22:46 - Apr 10 by SitfcB

A 99 year old man dying is not a significant historical event.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024