Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook's philosophy 19:18 - Apr 16 with 3179 viewsHipsterectomy

I watched this interview when we appointed him and was so impressed by eveything he said. It's well worth listening to even as background noise.

A lot of the things that happened this week go completely against the things he states he believes in: he says adding more than 3 or 4 players in a window is a disaster, players deserve time and patience to improve, a manager's main success should be deemed by the players they improve etc. Now I think, hope, he will do very well for us but I wonder if the added pressure from the takeover expectations is going to make him question all the things which brought him success - a typical banter era thing to happen to us.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Paul Cook's philosophy on 10:04 - Apr 17 with 232 viewsbluefunk

Paul Cook's philosophy on 09:45 - Apr 17 by ElephantintheRoom

The football club these chancers are associated with, Phoenix Rising is a bit miniscule compared with ITFC - and its not entirely obvious how much of it they own. Their interest in Danish minoows is not entirely imopressive either, nor an Australian 'soccer club'. It would have been a tad reassurung if they were associated with a bit of success in their own back yard.before dipping their faces in the trough over here,

Do you mean success like Michael O’Leary had with West Brom getting promotions to the Premier League, or like Ashton had with promotion from League One and establishing themselves in the Championship?
Paul Cook's philosophy on 10:54 - Apr 17 with 195 viewspointofblue

Paul Cook's philosophy on 10:03 - Apr 17 by TieDyedIn95

We've see the limit of all these players over the last 3 years, lets just move one.

To be fair, we’ve seen their limits under Hurst and Lambert. By the time Cook came in everything decent about them had been sucked out.

The annoying thing is a few of them will no doubt go elsewhere and perform decently.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024